Neil McCann on SSN

Not very positive. I wonder if he was hand picked by sky for that report.

:(

A bit worrying eh.A few "insiders" including our own Chairman have expressed caution about the funding of the club into the future including a transfer budget.I have said before that first and foremost is a venture capitalist so it remains to be seen what financially he brings to the Club.The summer will tell us a lot.

And the alternative to Whyte was? nothing, hee haw, zilch a pie in the sky Murray/King debacle, or more of the same, bumping along the bottom, players out, rubbish in.

I know what route i would choose.

explain more please?

Him and Shanley(SSN reporter) outside Ibrox talking about Whyte, didnt sound happy at all. Very pessismistic. I know hes a tim but ffs, he played for us, surely he could be a bit more upbeat. sounded like he has read a Phil article and made his mind up form that.

Him and Shanley(SSN reporter) outside Ibrox talking about Whyte, didnt sound happy at all. Very pessismistic. I know hes a tim but ffs, he played for us, surely he could be a bit more upbeat. sounded like he has read a Phil article and made his mind up form that.

Thank you. I meh at this..

Not very positive. I wonder if he was hand picked by sky for that report.

:(

I think he is just rehashing what the Board said last night. I think, he knows about as much as this transaction as we do - why would he be privy to such information?

It's worth remembering that a lot of people out there prefer us to be struggling

In a nutshell (tu) This takeover will piss alot of people off.

Whyte has no friends in the mhedia or game up here by all accounts and hopefully he has done his research on the haters which are widespread up here.

McCann was commenting on the basis of what the Independant committee released last night.

Let's just wait and see.

I have a feeling a few people will end up with egg on their faces

Yip!

I think Craig would be a terrible businessman if he didn't have a plan in a scenario where we are hammered by HMRC. You don't become a multimillionaire by your 30s if you're shite at your joab!

I don't get all this, "he has no money".

First and foremost, SDM said he would only ever sell to someone who he believed had Rangers best interests at heart, the finance available and the ability to take Rangers forward. To this day, including yesterday, I always believed he would stick to his word, and I believe he has done.

I also, for the life of me, can't see why anyone would takeover a football club without having the money.. especially one as big as Rangers. It just doesn't make sense. If he is/was looking for publicity? then there are far easier ways than doing it then running a football club.

He has his backers remember. And I'm sure if there is ever a time in need that he will bring in more. I'm sure Craig Whyte will have it all planned out, especially since it took 7 months to get a deal done!

I agree though, why AJ and all that are coming out with this and not backing Whyte is weird. However, like I said SDM will have done his homework and will have taken every opportunity to ensure that everything goes OK.

McCann was commenting on the basis of what the Independant committee released last night.

Let's just wait and see.

I have a feeling a few people will end up with egg on their faces

yes but will they be the ones calling the board numpties or the ones urging caution?

who knows.

i would certainly be stunned if the first year isnt good.

Then say nothing. In fact decline the interview as he knows nothing.

(tu)

But then what use is there being a 'journo' if you can't make stuff up ;)

The club has to start living within its means anyway, the debt is cleared, we'll see how the summer goes but as people have said, we cant be that much worse of than we were and hopefully Whyte will get men into the boardroom who know how to actually stand up and defend the club. Hopefully he will make sure we bring in players who actually, on the whole, have a sell on value.

The doom and gloom merchants want us to fail because they are bitter and jealous.

Every time something good or positive happens with us the mhedia bring up some garbage to deflect the good news or surround it with negativity! F@#k them all, lets just win 3 games then we can go to town on them.