A touch of saddness today!

RFC55

I dont think i will be the only one who will be sad to see Walter in charge for the last time at Ibrox tonight. One of the true Rangers greats. He has his faults(sometimes when he thinks Falkirk are that good we need to play 1 up front :P) but what an absolute legend the guy is.

He is the best Rangers manager in my lifetime by a country mile. The most dignified manager in my life time. The guy oozes class. I have had so many great memories following the Rangers thanks to him. 92/93, 9 in a row season, Manchester, Tannadice 3-0, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and so many more. So many players who played under him when doing an interview still call him gaffer which shows just how highly they regard him!

Walter has a great sense of humour and I will also miss when a journo asks him a stupid question and he shoots them down right away :lol:

But it will be a sad occasion for all connected to Rangers tonight.

Sir Walter Smith :praise:

Trying not to get sentimental until we've won tonight, coz no doubt if we drop points Walter will still get a slaughtering by some on here.

He will mate, but win lose or draw i will be saddened by Walter stepping aside.

Trying not to get sentimental until we've won tonight, coz no doubt if we drop points Walter will still get a slaughtering by some on here.

Tonights not about the spoilt weans on here, it's about Walter and getting three points...

Anyone senseible won't even come on here if anything goes wrong because it will be full of the same wee attention seeking fuds that have written walter and this team off all season...who really cares what they think.

Tonights not about the spoilt weans on here, it's about Walter and getting three points...

Anyone senseible won't even come on here if anything goes wrong because it will be full of the same wee attention seeking fuds that have written walter and this team off all season...who really cares what they think.

Couldn't agree more tbh, its crunch time, time everybody got behind the team and gave them 100% support

M'm affraid he will get slaughtered tonight if we lose or draw.Remember what happened the last time they came to Ibrox.

But,we will all applaud him at the end no matter what.He's made loads of mistakes,usually negative attacking ploys and kept players on when we all can see they're crap at the time.

Tonight could see the best atmosphere at Ibrox of the season. If the players deliver on the park the fans should deliver in the stands.

Get the 3 points in the bag then it's all about Sir Walter.

M'm affraid he will get slaughtered tonight if we lose or draw.Remember what happened the last time they came to Ibrox.

But,we will all applaud him at the end no matter what.He's made loads of mistakes,usually negative attacking ploys and kept players on when we all can see they're crap at the time.

Loads of mistakes....and won loads more trophies....

Loads of mistakes....and won loads more trophies....

He is one of our most successful managers ever. But thats not always enough for some.

Walter is one of the few managers who i have ever heard come out and admit he has made mistakes

That shouldn't be the deal but as usual probably will be

Just the way it is these days unfortunately, although I thought Saturday was a big improvement. Celtics midweek result and the take over played a major part in that though.

Just the way it is these days unfortunately, although I thought Saturday was a big improvement. Celtics midweek result and the take over played a major part in that though.

Saturday was better than usual...but we need ibrox like a european night tonight......from about twenty years ago....

He is one of our most successful managers ever. But thats not always enough for some.

Walter is one of the few managers who i have ever heard come out and admit he has made mistakes

succesful maybe but some people on here didn't like the time he made his subs....that's what really matters.... :sherlock:

5-1 against Celtic 1988 Thank you

Pittodrie 1987 1-1 thank you

Aberdeen 1991 thank you

CL run 1992/93 thank you

Signing Laudrup 1994 thank you

Signing Gazza 1995 Thank you

winning 8 in a row 1996 thank you

winning 9 in a row 1997 thank you

Coming back and saving us 2007 thank you

Manchester 2008 thank you

3 in a row 2011 thank you

And all the bits i missed in between...Cheers Wattie for more happy days than sad

NO SURRENDER

Would love to be back in Glasgow for this, i am generally a loyal person and get a bit frustrated with the simple things that have went wrong.

But i have to say there are a lot of so called managers out there who could learn from this man.

Words to describe him, humble,respectful and a true leader of men.

Be a sad day, but if we win it will be a great day as well. Gutted I can't make it tonight as I've been to every other home game this season, but I guess that I will have to keep up to date on my phone. Are there any highlights on tonight?

I felt like that on Sat as I knew it would be the last game I would see with Walter in charge. I just hope the players do the job tonight for him, surely we wont drop points in Walters last home game in charge? 3IAR would be a fitting send-off for him so lets get it done Rangers! :crabflute:

Be sad when he's leaves, great man great manager, Rangers legend.

The players will be fired up for this they'll want the win for the league and of course with it being Walter last game at Ibrox they'll want this win for him.

Its simple though the players play at the level they can we will win, we're the better team with better players.

I dont think i will be the only one who will be sad to see Walter in charge for the last time at Ibrox tonight. One of the true Rangers greats. He has his faults(sometimes when he thinks Falkirk are that good we need to play 1 up front :P) but what an absolute legend the guy is.

He is the best Rangers manager in my lifetime by a country mile. The most dignified manager in my life time. The guy oozes class. I have had so many great memories following the Rangers thanks to him. 92/93, 9 in a row season, Manchester, Tannadice 3-0, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and so many more. So many players who played under him when doing an interview still call him gaffer which shows just how highly they regard him!

Walter has a great sense of humour and I will also miss when a journo asks him a stupid question and he shoots them down right away :lol:

But it will be a sad occasion for all connected to Rangers tonight.

Sir Walter Smith :praise:

I've seen it before.

I just hope things work out better this time that they did the last time he left ... the cup final we lost to hearts at septic park :anguish:. The big difference is this is a team bang in form where as that was the remnants of the 9iar one.

It's a nice touch it's Dundee United actually ... who knows wee Jum may even come down to shake his hand on the pitch at the end :rolleyes: