Only bad thing about the takeover

Watson94

Am i the only one thats worried about Ally just going crazy with the money and buying a lot of players like Celtic have in the past few years ? Id like to keep the majority of the same team here and not spend too much, Our team has jelled so much in the past two years and i wouldnt like to see us lose that :(

Am i the only one thats worried about Ally just going crazy with the money and buying a lot of players like Celtic have in the past few years ? Id like to keep the majority of the same team here and not spend too much, Our team has jelled so much in the past two years and i wouldnt like to see us lose that :(

Why cant we keep the players we have and add some new ones? Our squad is too small especially with the loan players leaving we need to buy some new players. I know what you mean tho.

My biggest worry is because were no longer in debt people seem to think we have to be signing superstars that's the biggest problem in my eyes that well spend all our money in one year which doesn't bode well for the future when we have only just been taken over ending up in debt again would be a terrible thing to happen.

Am i the only one thats worried about Ally just going crazy with the money

In a word. Yes.

In a few other words, McCoist has seen first hand what damage reckless spending can do, and what can be achieved with a thread bare squad! He'll know that being prudent will reap the biggest reward in the long term. I have no worries on that score! (tu)

we have the spine of our team, just need few younger guys and maybe 2 good players

Agreed about us having a good spine to the team.

3 squad players and 3 to compete for the first 11 would do me.

Surely if one thing this season shows, quality over quantity has triumphed.

Having a small squad helps with morale, cohesion etc etc. The young players know they have a chance also, meaning they hopefully work harder.

Only thing different is that we won't have to sell our best players in January rather than lose them for nothing.

If Boogie leaves then I would really like to see 3 quality CBs, because no doubt we have been lucky given the lack of cover in that position.

Including Weiss and Bartley we need about 8 players.

Agreed about us having a good spine to the team.

3 squad players and 3 to compete for the first 11 would do me.

Strong unit with them fighting for each other, we dont need drastic actions, i am impressed with the youth we got and we shouldnt just move them to the bench in order to settle in new faces.

The worst part about the takeover is half the rockets on here thinking we can sign premiership players and spending 30k+ a week on wages.

I regards to the OP, we cant afford to blow any of the money because IMO we need at least 6 players next season and if we are only getting £10m with wages, signing on fees, agents fees etc, it doesnt leave a lot of room for error.

People have said that the takeover makes it easier for Ally, i would say that it might have made it a little bit harder for him personally but for Rangers our outlook is a lot better.

I dont envy him having to sign so many players on a relatively small budget.

We could and probably should be losing 4 defenders, Weir, Bougherra, Papac and Foster.

Personally I would keep Papac because that money needs spent elsewhere first, I would rather punt Broadfoot.

In terms of defenders that leaves us with Whittaker and Broadfoot, maybe add in McCulloch, but the thought of us going into any game with either Broadfoot or McCulloch at CB fills me with dread.

The fact that Ally has been in and around this team for the last few years means that he won't be getting rid of many or indeed any of them unless they choose to leave. He has also been part of the amazing team spirit of the last few years, which has been 90% responsible for the successes of the past 3 years, he would be stupid to go and break any of that up, as it still represents his major hope at success, with Walter leaving this summer and a new owner on board