Donald Findlay now targeted by Celtic fans

Like it or not, those responsible should not be identified as 'Celtic fans' despite it being a probable truth; it sets a dangerous precedent, already exploited by a significant number of The Great Unwashed across the city.

Throughout the whole saga involving Lennon and the packages sent to him and his family, I couldn't get over the mindless idiocy of certain Celtic fans using the situation as a point-scoring exercise that would massage their own egos as the self-proclaimed "Greatest Fans In The World" by simplifying the motives of those behind the threats down to the football club that they support.

Anyone capable of acquiring or building a bomb with intent to maim or murder another human being should not have their reasoning linked to their allegiance of either Rangers or Celtic - or even Annan Athletic for the sake of the argument. It's a ridiculous and dramatic jump from what goes on inside someone's head that leads them to acts like this to what top they wear on a Saturday afternoon.

The scum responsible for this will get what's coming to them.

Like it or not, those responsible should not be identified as 'Celtic fans' despite it being a probable truth; it sets a dangerous precedent, already exploited by a significant number of The Great Unwashed across the city.

Throughout the whole saga involving Lennon and the packages sent to him and his family, I couldn't get over the mindless idiocy of certain Celtic fans using the situation as a point-scoring exercise that would massage their own egos as the self-proclaimed "Greatest Fans In The World" by simplifying the motives of those behind the threats down to the football club that they support.

Anyone capable of acquiring or building a bomb with intent to maim or murder another human being should not have their reasoning linked to their allegiance of either Rangers or Celtic - or even Annan Athletic for the sake of the argument. It's a ridiculous and dramatic jump from what goes on inside someone's head that leads them to acts like this to what top they were on a Saturday afternoon.

Completely agree

Anyone capable of acquiring or building a bomb with intent to maim or murder another human being should not have their reasoning linked to their allegiance of either Rangers or Celtic - or even Annan Athletic for the sake of the argument. It's a ridiculous and dramatic jump from what goes on inside someone's head that leads them to acts like this to what top they were on a Saturday afternoon.

Here comes another 'Mr Popular' post.

*Sighs*

(tu) (tu)

How do you know donald finlay was targetted? and how do you know it was Celtic fans that sent it?

Id be very suprised if this came to anything, I hated Celtic fans blaming us with no proof, so why are we blaming celtic fans when we dont even know the full story.

STV has reported that a police spokesperson has explicitly said it was intended for Donald Findlay, but there is no suggestion that the culprits are Celtic fans and we shouldn't be making any allegations. We all got justifiably annoyed when we were associated with the Lennon bombs. However likely it seems, there is no proof that it has anything to do with them and until there is proof, let's take the moral high ground.

I expect to see this splattered all over the news, and i fully expect there will be some reworking of a certain documentary coming soon regarding all this shenanigans

Oh come on it will be swept under the carpet like everything else :rolleyes:

Anyone capable of acquiring or building a bomb with intent to maim or murder another human being should not have their reasoning linked to their allegiance of either Rangers or Celtic - or even Annan Athletic for the sake of the argument. It's a ridiculous and dramatic jump from what goes on inside someone's head that leads them to acts like this to what top they wear on a Saturday afternoon.

It's a fair point, the person sending the bombs is a criminal and coward, who he (or they) support isn't ereally relevant to me here, i hope they are caught and punished whoever they are.

Celtic linked it to rangers fans with some "clever" langauge in one of there statements and lennonw as whipping up this victim mentality nonsense again yesterday. Celtic shouldn't be exploiting this situation to cover up for there failures on the park but they are.

I also see celtic fans laughing about this on there mb's....not like them to have double standards