***The Suggestions Thread***

GHarvey

when did :whittaker: leave

I'm talking hypothetically dude.

I think we should let him go - the reports are that he WANTS to go to Turkey - they are only reports I know but I aint heard a rebuttal from Whittaker so I think that says it all.

Would be a definite yes from me, but I imagine that we would be unable to compete with some of the wages he will be getting offered from elsewhere

More than likely - I just read that Leicester of all people were interested in him - big sigh!

But heh you never know there may be a footballer out there that does actually fancy a crack at champions league football/medals. :)

He can play RB and midfield so ideal replacement me thinks

If Rangers reject Bursa's next bid for Whittaker then this'll be a different situation. Bursa have said they will give up on Whittaker and sign another RB from another club. If the other RB they sign turns out to be very good for them next season they'll forget all about Whittaker.

Personally, if Bursa offered £1.5m with their last bid then I think Rangers should take it and get rid of Whittaker. We could buy someone who is a lot better defensively for that sort of money and there's plenty of time to get them in. Whittaker is not worth £20k/week.

Sébastien Corchia, the young RB from Le Mans is entering the final year of his contract. He's played over 60 games for their first team and is only 20. Unlike Whittaker, I'm sure this kid wouldn't turn his nose up at a £20k/week contract.

If Rangers reject Bursa's next bid for Whittaker then this'll be a different situation. Bursa have said they will give up on Whittaker and sign another RB from another club. If the other RB they sign turns out to be very good for them next season they'll forget all about Whittaker.

Personally, if Bursa offered £1.5m with their last bid then I think Rangers should take it and get rid of Whittaker. We could buy someone who is a lot better defensively for that sort of money and there's plenty of time to get them in. Whittaker is not worth £20k/week.

agree with all of that - although I would take whatever the next offer is to be honest - it obv gonna be over a mill, we only paid 2 for him in the first place and he obviously wants to go and in last year of contract.

I've not read much of this thread so I'm unsure if this has been suggested before.

Given the propensity for our recent interest in former players, would Boumsong be a viable option for Centre Half, should we be unsuccessful in luring Cuellar or Bartley back?

He's 31 and speaks fondly of his short time in Glasgow. I know he had a torrid time in his second season in Newcastle but I reckon he's still a decent candidate. I wouldn't have thought a massive fee would be required to secure him from Panathinaikos.

Thoughts?

I've not read much of this thread so I'm unsure if this has been suggested before.

Given the propensity for our recent interest in former players, would Boumsong be a viable option for Centre Half, should we be unsuccessful in luring Cuellar or Bartley back?

He's 31 and speaks fondly of his short time in Glasgow. I know he had a torrid time in his second season in Newcastle but I reckon he's still a decent candidate. I wouldn't have thought a massive fee would be required to secure him from Panathinaikos.

Thoughts?

Yeah definately (tu) don't see it happening though right enough.

Guy from FF contacted Rangers and sent them this.

Was asked to do this by a fellow poster who said the club are very good now with taking peoples suggestions into account. Of course the likely hood is that nothing will be done. But there are some fantastic players ive built up for the past few years watching that would be excellent signings for us. This is just half the list.

Player Recommendations

Lamine Gassama - French Under 21 International out of contract with Lyon. Lamine is a powerful defender who plays at right back and can also play centre half. Athletic and powerful and good on the ball. Has champions league experience and attracting interest from The premiership. Been able to play in a couple of decisions is another thing to look at as well.

Gueida Fofana - France Under 21 Captain valued at £1 Million pounds. Powerful athletic midfielder who saw his move to Astan Villa fall through in December due to a back problem. Gueida has also attracted interest from Liverpool and Chelsea. Currently plays in the French Second Division for Le Havre who have a history of producing good young players. His sell on value in a few years will see a huge profit for th buying club.

Yacine Brahimi - French Under 21 International playing with Rennes. A fantastic talent full of tricks and excellent technical ability. Has two years left on his contract and valued at £2.5 Million. The type of player who is capable of a moment of magic to win the game.

Admir Mehmedi - Switzerland under 21 international playing for FC Zurich. Reminds me of Kaka the way he makes football look so easy Gliding by players. Excellent balance and scores some lovely goals. Was a star at the recent U21 tournament along with his team mate Xhedran Shaqiri.

Loic Nestor - le Havre centre half valued at £2 Million pounds. An old head on Young shoulders, 22 years of age, not the biggest of defenders but has a good footballing braing and attitude. Captained the French Under 21 side and another of Le Harves talanted young players.

Jean Alain Fanchone - Left back who is contracted to Strasbourg, was on loan at Arles Avignon last season due to Strasbourg relagetion to the third division and financial troubles. Would command a fee of under £1 Million pounds and a bargain for a French Under 21 international. Quick tall defender with a good engine and attitude for the game.

Selim Hammouche - French Algerian 18 year old playing for third division French side Gueugnon. One of the most talanted young playes outside the French Top league. Watched him play against Lyon under 18‘s where he stole the show. Fantastic technical ability. Dont expect the young midfielder to be playing at this level any longer. Can be picked up for £300k.

Landry Mulemo - 24 year old Belgian defender playing for Bucaspor in Turkey. His side have been just relegated and he can be picked up for under £1million pounds. Liverpool were chasing him before his move to Turkey. Quick left back who likes to get forward.

Torric Jebrin - What a talent this boy is, plays for Bucaspor in Turkey. Only signed for them in January after trials with Atl Madrid and Arsenal. Midfielder who likes to get stuck in and score goals. Good on the ball. One of the best young players in Turkey. Again due to Bucas relagation he will be looking to play at a higher level.

Cenk Tousun - Turkish Under 21 international who holds a Germain passport. A big future ahead for Tosun who was fantastic for Gaziantep last season. Scored 10 Goals in 14 Games and has already been linked with the Istanbul 3. His fee has already risen to £3Million pounds but money well spent for a natural born finisher.

Samuel Holman - Swedish midfielder playing for Istanbul BBS. There player of the season last year scoring some important goals from midfield from them. Good on the ball and likes making late runs supporting the forwards. 26 caps for Sweden. Would suit the british game with his style of play.

Sahin Aygunes - German born Turkish under 21 International forward. Had a good season for bottom of the league Kasimpasa. 20 Years of age and a very good young player. Too good to play in the Turkish Second League. Strong player who woud cope with the British game. Valued at £400k.

Fernando Varela - Along with Sahin Aygunes was one of very few positives from Kasimpasas season. Spanish midfilder who can only be described as a genius with the ball. Not the quickest but give him the ball and he can pass, dribble and score some cracking long distance goals. Excellent at set pieces as well.

Hasan Ali Kaldrim - 20 Year old left back who plays with Kayserispor. One of Turkeys top young players with Fenerbahce interested. Very quick and excellent technical ability. Holds a German passport so no work permit problems. Fantastic prospect.

Arash Afshin - 20 Year old Iranian international. One of the golden boys of Iranian football, great finisher, good technical ability and pace. The pick of the bunch on this list, playing with Foolad in Iran and can be picked up for a bargain.

Karim Ansafarid - irans top young player, at 20 years of age is been chased by Dortmund and Everton. Valued at £500k. Already a member of the Iran national team. Great technical ability and could be the best player to come out of Iran in the history of Iranian football. Would be a sensational signing for Rangers with a huge sell on value.

Good idea but do you think it will even get to Ally before being binned? :broadfoot: