John Brown Scouting

John Brown was declared no more than a 'Bully' during his previous tenure at the Club. What has he done since leaving Rangers?

Neil Murray???

Whilst I do not doubt these guys intentions what do they bring to the table as Scouts?

Serious question?

I see it as no more than a 'Jobs for the Boys' appointment.

Just my opinion.

John Brown scouted Cuellar for us

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Murray is known to every agent in Scandinavia

I would say Murray is less a scout and more a middle man to put us in touch with the right people over there

You don't need a massive number of scouts if you can tap into the coachin/agent network as a whole

Someone posted about Udinese etc That is what they do. They have a 'fixer' who hooks up with the people in the know over there. Not a scout in the traditional sense but very very valuable.

That is what Murray is doing for us.

Everyone in the media seems to think Neil Murray will do a great job for ally, that will do for me

Everyone in the media had us having a firesale

Everyone in the media had us in financial ruin

Everyone in the media had us to lose the league

John Brown scouted Cuellar for us

I thought that was a debunked myth, according to many on here anyway.

Considering we played against him in Europe, it hardly seems like a special find out of the blue anyway :rolleyes:

We need a good scouting dept. I hope C. Whyte realizes this.

For the last 10 years I've been calling out for this.

By now we should have a fully operational European/worldwide network. It would have helped cut down on all the pish signings and the constant losses on player and paying them off to leave for free.

Scouts do not command high wages.

Cuellar was only noticed because he was superb against us when he played for Osasuna. Jelavic was noticed because he destroyed Celtic.

Our so called scouting system will only result in us picking up UK based players that would need little or no scouting at all.

I don't think John Brown can identify talent. Remember this is the guy who whilst manager of Clyde, held open trials to find a first team and picked a squad of 20 players. Any remember where that Clyde team finished that year? Rockbottom of the 2nd division. How's that for identifying talent?

he did find dougie imrie but...............fucking love that guy

I don't think John Brown can identify talent. Remember this is the guy who whilst manager of Clyde, held open trials to find a first team and picked a squad of 20 players. Any remember where that Clyde team finished that year? Rockbottom of the 2nd division. How's that for identifying talent?

Interesting. (tu)

We just need to wait and see who he recommends to Ally.

in this day and age should we be after a player who plays in a decent league it can be done via a monitor.ie a video feedback,live game,internet stream. that includes south american/african games etc. scouting made easy. if JB and NM are jetting all over the place they sure as hell better come up with something extra ordinary.

Wasn't our scouting network reduced to Iain Durrant going to see our next Euro opponents because we had no money so there was no point in sending people to foreign lands on scouting trips? I think it's a disgrace and at least we have two people who know the club and the type of players that are suitable for our football and our club. The proof is in the pudding and I can't wait to have a taste. (tu) by the way £10 mill is sod all in the football world so I am not too excited, well maybe a little bit. WATP :D

I've thought, for a while, that the best method of "scouting", at least at first, is going on clubs' forums. Get a translator in if you need to, but these guys watch their team every week. If you need an opinion on somebody then read and see what they think first.