Rangers Unwilling To Meet Aberdeen's Foster Price

Creampuff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also glad diouf won't be signing tbh

He didn't add too much in the last 10 games, he causes more bother than he's worth especially in OF games IMO if I'm honest.

Fringe would be a gd addition even for a season or 2

Although I was hoping for better players to be linked with, £250k for a player who knows the club and squad, and can play a few positions, isn't too bad a deal.

Glad Healy and Foster won't be coming back. Why hasn't Ally contacted Arsenal about Bartley yet? He hasn't got 10mins spare to pick up the fucking phone?

Kenny Mac said Walter was talking to Arsene months ago about it, takes 2 minutes to pick up the phone, it takes less time for them to say yes or no. Very strange how we have not heard anything about it. Longer it goes less chance of getting him imo.

I'm also glad diouf won't be signing tbh

He didn't add too much in the last 10 games, he causes more bother than he's worth especially in OF games IMO if I'm honest.

Fringe would be a gd addition even for a season or 2

I think Dioufy prefers the mohican style. :rolleyes:

There are players in that squad from last season that played twice as much as Foster and never half as well.

If they're staying then why not Foster. Not the greatest player ever but I dont feel he ever let anyone down.

Another piece of decent business on Walters part.

The 9 in a row squads had a few of these guys aswell.

Look at Man United ffs. They have 2 or 3 "Ricky Fosters" on their books.

Good, we have three/four right-backs; Whittaker, Broadfoot, Cole and McMillan, plus Richard Foster is rotten!

A player who cannot defend in a back four and rattles the ball off the first man 9/10...

there's better bosman's to be had for cover.

It wouldn't be the WORST thing in the world however if we paid 250k for him though. I thought he played alright when was called upon and was our best player against PSV i think (one of the legs) and also had a great game in a CL match too.

But as I said there are always brilliant bosman signings to be had that may be good enough for more than cover.

I would take him for 250k, a dnt think he did anythin wrong in his time with us.

Apart from his debut he was pretty good IMO. Came in and did a job and was great in Europe IMO.

People are being incredibly harsh on him if you ask me. Was brought in for cover and he covered us well

Ricky Foster - cant tackle, cant pass a ball to a blue shirt, cant beat a man and his positioning is abysmal.

If the sheep were giving RANGERS 250 grand - I wouldnt take him.

A truly woeful full back.

• 2 weeks later...

Broadfoot has missed the majority of both the last 2 seasons through injury

Can't rely on him to be fit

I also think Foster is marginally a better player

Hes a yard quicker for a start. A big bonus at fullback. Clearly they think he's coachable because his positioning needs work and his choices in posession of the ball.

250 grand for a player who more often than not will do a better than average job?