In your opinion what do we need?

GOAT

I think we need as much as 6 or 7 players to guarantee 4 in a row.

2 CB's, one quality defensuve midfielder to conpliment Davis and McCulloch as back-up. A left sided winger. Two strikers and maybe a right winger.

We need to get rid of deadwood like Beattie and Edu. If we loose Bougherra and Weir we need three defenders.

Goalkeeper - fine

Defence - backup fullback who can play both left and right side, 3 centre halves if Weir and Bougherra leave, 2 if only one of them leave

Midfield - left winger to challenge Wylde, holding midfielder if Edu leaves (but pointless signing another one if he doesn't)

Striker - 2 new strikers if Healy and Diouf leave, 1 if only one of them leaves

2 CB's, couple of wingers, a striker, a full back and a CM. If Weir and Bougherra go then another CB with alot of experience as we may only then have Bartley and Wilson if we believe the papers.

If Edu can keep up his end of season form, he's a much better bet than some of the suggestions being thrown around to replace him (and i include Vaughan in that)

As i've said before, i think it's pointless us signing another central midfielder when we already have Hutton, Ness, Edu, and McCulloch battling for 1 slot beside Davis. Unless at least 1 of them is sold, we'll be bogged down with much of a muchness

Certainly not Craig Conway, Jamie Murphy etc.

Yes Edu is deadwood having a record of 3 titles out of three and playing his part last season. :rolleyes:

We need cover at LB, possibly RB. Two strikers, a LW and a creative midfielder.

The key area is certainly at CB, we might need three players in there.

(tu)

Completely agree, apart from the "two strikers" part. I'd say only if we can get rid of Beattie can we afford that.

Guest KarlG45

A right back, a left back, two centre halves (plus another for cover), a left-sided midfielder, a "ballwinning" midfielder and another striker for cover would be a nice start...:)

Probably 2 stoppers now but I would like to see us getting a real quality holding midfielder.The balance are probably squad Players to bolster our numbers and challenge those who already have the Jersey.Circumstances forced us to bring through Wylde,Ness and Hutton and I would like to see us continue to give the youngsters a chance.Maybe time for Darren Cole to step up and show he can challenge Whittaker and others.

For first team -

1 maybe 2 x CB

1 x DM

1 x LM

1 x ATT

To bolster squad -

1 x LB

1 x RB

1 x RM

1 x ATT

Fuck me thats nine players and that is providing no one leaves.

If Bougherra and Whittaker leave we will need another CB and a RB.

If McGregor leaves we will need a back up to Alexander.

If Beattie leaves, nothing changes, we still need another striker.

I cant see anyone else leaving.

Defence is a real problem, i really hope Ally gets it right.

:ph34r:

Ally needs to bring in 6 players. We need:

- 2 CBs (one of which should be Bartley on a permanent deal)

- 1 CDM like Frings, Etienne Capoue or Wanyama because last season our midfield was overrun by Celtic. We need a big no bullshit central defensive midfielder to add more fight to our team. Edu's not got and Davis is suffering because of it.

- 1 left-winger who can create and score goals. Someoe with flair and a bit of trickery would be great. Personally, I'd love to see young Dusan Tadic from FC Groningen. I think he's quality and we could actually afford him. The winger Zairi who Olympiakos recently released is also quality, experienced and free.

- 2 Strikers in. Hemed and Goodwillie coming in with Beattie and Healy going the other way would do me fine. That would give us four good young strikers to fight it out over the course of the SPL season, two domestic trophies and a possible Lengthy spell in Europe. I think we'd be very strong up top and possibly wouldn't need to buy a striker again for several years.

Lastly, maybe a couple of squad players like Conway who can provide cover on both wings and could do a job if we need it. Also, a young LB (Lee Wallace?) who can provide cover this season and who can take over from Papac in the long term would be good but not essential.

SELL:

Beattie

Edu

4-2-3-1 is a fine formation in theory, but it's essentially a formation for competitions where 4-4-2 is too open

The SPL is the opposite of this. Trying to play anything other than 4-4-2 is usually what fucks teams up

We need a proper CM, not a creative player.

A player who will get stuck in, aswell being able to spray the ball around.

Maurice Edu and Lee McCulloch are not the answer. Neither is Kyle Hutton or Jamie Ness.