Oh no!

How would a talk show know what a footballers salary is? Was it his agent talking, or even Alan himself? Sounds like a poor generalisation to me, from them. (tu)

Its always nice round numbers aswell.

Rather than telling us what a player earns as a salary Id like to know what he would cost all in. Transfer, wages, bonuses ect.

Probably wouldnt be accurate but certainly more relevant.

Its always nice round numbers aswell.

Rather than telling us what a player earns as a salary Id like to know what he would cost all in. Transfer, wages, bonuses ect.

Probably wouldnt be accurate but certainly more relevant.

Like most work in the mhedia, its guess work, generalisations, sensationalisms and stereotypes. Not much actual detail or hard facts. Those boring truths dont sell well.

(tu)

Like most work in the mhedia, its guess work, generalisations, sensationalisms and stereotypes. Not much actual detail or hard facts. Those boring truths dont sell well.

(tu)

Call me a boring mug then mate cos I'd rather fork out for papers full of boring shite - as long as its true.

;)

Well, possibly to the end of the month, but that's splitting hairs really. :D He's free to leave so could sign for anyone tomorrow. Any new contract would start from July anyway! (tu)

Someone posted a link to another article saying he had a year to go but Newcastle just wanted to cut there losses and get rid of him.

I would take him on a short term deal and play him up front not as a midfielder and we might get the best of him.

I would want him to take a huge pay cut as well he isn't worth sixty grand a week in anyway shape or form but he is a good player though.

Leeds are considering handing Alan Smith a shock return to Elland Road.

Former Leeds star Smith, 30, is being touted around on a free transfer by Newcastle.

The Premier League club want to move on the striker-turned-midfielder, who has 12 months remaining on his wage of £60,000 a week.

And Championship side Leeds are among a clutch of clubs to register an interest.

Smith is recovering from an ankle injury but expects to be fit for pre-season training.

He has also generated interest from Qatar and America about finishing his career overseas.

After Leeds, Smith moved to Manchester United for £7million in 2004. Three years later, Newcastle bought him for £6m.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Newcastle-Alan-Smith-in-line-for-shock-Leeds-return-article745390.html