The Biggest Bottle Job in the History of Sports

JamieD

Yeah, but Nadal wasn't on top form because of injury, not because he didn't have the bottle to win a French Open semi-final. He'd already won plenty of finals!

I'm not sure he was injured, was he?

But it was him on his way to be the first player to get 5 French Open's in a row. Arguably the best ever player of Clay, and he lost to Soderling.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure he was injured, was he?

But it was him on his way to be the first player to get 5 French Open's in a row. Arguably the best ever player of Clay, and he lost to Soderling.

Maybe I'm wrong, I thought he was playing through injury.

Audley Harrison's stunningly bad performance against David Haye.

I feel ashamed of myself for saying this because this guy is a hero of mine but I'll nominate Oscar De La Hoya. Modern legend and a future hall of famer for his amazing rise through the weight divisions but he lost most of the super-fights he was involved in. His biggest fights were Pacquiao, Mayweather, Mosley (twice), Hopkins, Trinidad and Whitaker. He lost them all bar one (Whitaker). Sorry Oscar.

There'll be a few cricket ones that were horrible.

South Africa's monumental collapse against the not-so-mighty New Zealand in the quarter-final of this year's World Cup immediately springs to mind.