The Biggest Bottle Job in the History of Sports

JamieD

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy White against Stephen Hendry 1992 World Final I think, 14-8 up and lost 18-14. Great comeback as well granted but you could see Jimmys face collapsing as it went on.

Of course Newcastle Uniteds 15 point lead springs to mind :lol:

Jimmy White against Stephen Hendry 1992 World Final I think, 14-8 up and lost 18-14. Great comeback as well granted but you could see Jimmys face collapsing as it went on.

Of course Newcastle Uniteds 15 point lead springs to mind :lol:

on snooker hallet if i recall was 9-1 up in a final against hendry and lost 10-9.

Baggio maybe?

Nah, I don't think so. It's not like they were in the driving seat and he threw it all away. It took Baresi and Massaro missing before him to put him in that position in the first place and I've heard him explain what he was trying to do that sounds reasonable. He knew Taffarel always dived so he decided to hit it down the middle but to make sure Taffarel didn't get a lucky foot to it he decided to hit it half way between the ground and crossbar. Supposedly he just pulled up because of his hamstring injury and skied it.

i'll go with that and then these

rangers chasing 10 in a row :disappointment:

milan champs final

mcilroy

Rangers didn't fail on 10 in a row due to a lack of bottle; it was due to a lack of legs. Half the team were over 50. :disappointment:

Milan CL final does seem a good shout though.

Steve Davis on the black vs Dennis Taylor when he overcut.

AC milan in the champs league final v liverpool must be up there i dont know that much about all sports but this one really was unbelievable its hard to think of another bottling on such a large scale