Signings

Davie2909

I can remember the time when players would be falling over to join us! After Hemed has made us look a bunch of cunts recently with his "Excited by the prospect of playing for us and working with McCoist" pish then joining a mediocre La Liga side like Mallorca i ask you how do you think our summer transfer window will pan out?

With this slap in the face and the rumours of Conway and Vaughan knocking us back im struggling to see who we will sign TBH

Keep calm and carry on. Signings will come I'm sure we will retain the title if we get a few additions

I just find it increasingly embarrassing that we publicly get rejected by unknown players

We've been after one guy, and he decided that he would try somewhere else. It's the 19th of June, I'm not going to start panicking. Ally knows what positions he has to strengthen, he'll sort it out.

I can remember the time when players would be falling over to join us! After Hemed has made us look a bunch of cunts recently with his "Excited by the prospect of playing for us and working with McCoist" pish then joining a mediocre La Liga side like Mallorca i ask you how do you think our summer transfer window will pan out?

With this slap in the face and the rumours of Conway and Vaughan knocking us back im struggling to see who we will sign TBH

Never even knew we were after him, is this the same one celtic were after, but they were told to pay £2million for him, and they wouldn't.

Ask yourself, rangers are reported to have initially offered £8,000 per week and increased this to £12,000/week. Real Mallorca are reported to be offering £16,000/week.

£208,000 MORE a year or play in the CL? This when the english clubs have released over 120 players.

To be fair I would rather have someone who wants to play for the jersey than the money, although how easy that will be to achieve I am not sure.

only june man give it time we got till 31st of august

Never even knew we were after him, is this the same one celtic were after, but they were told to pay £2million for him, and they wouldn't.

David Vaughan?

Anyway I think now that the board has been sorted out and with Gordon Smith and Ali Russell now installed to help Ally we will pick up pace on the signing front.

I just find it increasingly embarrassing that we publicly get rejected by unknown players

Because we are unwilling to put ourselves into debt (again) by offering unrealistic/unjustified wages to players who's ambitions don't stretch further than increasing there bank balance

you have to remember also that the SPL's reputation has probably never been lower anymore,

its alright remembering back in the 90's when scotland had just had a successful 3 decades of storming all over europe showing up teams on their own patch

but no thanks to a disasterous 90's, including ourselves, and at times just as bad 00's except for 2 decent seasons, scotlands rep in europe has become a fucking laughing stock

why would anyone want to join the SPL over la liga, nevermind the money on offer, just the prestige of being able to say that you have played in la liga

cant blame the guy

People also need to remember that the players we've went for so far aren't like me and you, they aren't biased towards Rangers.

If they can get a better financial deal at a less successful club, most players will go for that.

I'd be saddened to see us overspend on players who we don't think are worth the money again, so I'm glad with how we're doing it.

I just really hope that we are trying really hard to search for better talent than conway or neil danns.

Good players they may be but they are not players to take us up a notch.

Look hard enough and these players can be found no doubt about that. Ally should arrange a trip over to udinese and see how they scout.

Look hard enough and these players can be found no doubt about that. Ally should arrange a trip over to udinese and see how they scout.

Tim Vickery was on the keys & Gray show a few weeks back talking abt udinese scouting. Basically the just by loads of south Americans & hope for the best. Apparently they release a lot but they have unearthed a few gems.

just cos now we have a bit of money doesnt mean its got to burn a hole in our pocket; walter was a shrewd bastard with his buys and thats what has done as well. big money moves for jelavic, cuellar, davis etc have all worked out im sure it will happen again. no point crying over spilt milk.

Tim Vickery was on the keys & Gray show a few weeks back talking abt udinese scouting. Basically the just by loads of south Americans & hope for the best. Apparently they release a lot but they have unearthed a few gems.

The scatter gun approach, undertaken by Seltic too. Hit n hope.

I can't help but think there will be a BIG signing on the cards in the next week or so. Think Ally has maybe learned a wee lesson with the Hemed affair, the first you'll know about it, will be when the player is being paraded at Murray Park. I'm am not privy to any inside info, just a gut feeling I have.

I follow rangers all over the world but in all honist if a guy that doesnt know what we are about and what we stand for he can take a run and jump!! No 1 is bigger than our club!!