Pure And Utter Disgrace

You are right, Casey. In all my life I've never known anything to be a step-too-far when it comes fitba supporters goading their rivals.

Still, this could be a starter for ten with regard to the Offensive Behaviour in Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill

I can see the police and courts having more work on their hands than they could possibly deal with if they want to quash football rivalry when expressed in base insults.

I hope for some sanity on the part of the police, that they see it for the stupidity that it is, that they implement it accordingly and use commonsense. There will always be a few, however, who will be out to make a name for themselves.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for some sanity on the part of the police, that they see it for the stupidity that it is, that they implement it accordingly and use commonsense. There will always be a few, however, who will be out to make a name for themselves.

Interesting times ahead. I was at least hearted to hear Gordon Smith quoted as saying this over the weekend.

Smith has also insisted he was quick to speak out on that particular issue during his time as a radio pundit with BBC Scotland and an Express Sport columnist.

He said: “There were a lot of complaints to the BBC with people phoning in when I used to talk about Celtic with regard to sectarian singing. They would say that it had nothing to do with Celtic and that it is only Rangers. No, it is across the board.

“I made it very clear that I felt it was unfair to base it all on Rangers being the problem and that is nothing to do with me being an ex-Rangers player.”

I'm afraid it's just the way this country has been heading for a while now. Supporters can glorify terrorism and mock the Ibrox disaster but mention the words famine or fenian and you could face up to 5 years in prison. Sounds about right, the country is an embarrassment.

Exactly this.

Sing the praises of the IRA, sing your songs you know nothing of and people can make these groups and we don't hear about it in the news and no politician seems to be getting their dick hard saying how much of a disgrace this is.

Wonder if this would be different had we made the group, aye because we are totally the shame in Scotland.

Interesting times ahead. I was at least hearted to hear Gordon Smith quoted as saying this over the weekend.

Smith has also insisted he was quick to speak out on that particular issue during his time as a radio pundit with BBC Scotland and an Express Sport columnist.

He said: “There were a lot of complaints to the BBC with people phoning in when I used to talk about Celtic with regard to sectarian singing. They would say that it had nothing to do with Celtic and that it is only Rangers. No, it is across the board.

“I made it very clear that I felt it was unfair to base it all on Rangers being the problem and that is nothing to do with me being an ex-Rangers player.”

He's right, it is across the board and until the do-gooders moved in, on both sides I may add, we all got on with it, without the need for trauma therapy. I hope they will be happy when football as we knew it, is dead. They can all sit there in silence in their family groups, everyone donned in their official bench jackets, eating burgers,drinking Coca-Cola and looking so self-satisfied. Smug cunts.

He's right, it is across the board and until the do-gooders moved in, on both sides I may add, we all got on with it, without the need for trauma therapy. I hope they will be happy when football as we knew it, is dead. They can all sit there in silence in their family groups, everyone donned in their official bench jackets, eating burgers,drinking Coca-Cola and looking so self-satisfied. Smug cunts.

Smith is right - no doubt about that for me.

Spiers, of course, is on record slating Smith for not accepting that The Rangers are much, much worse than 666fc. I mention this because I fully expect Britney to cross swords with Smith over their views in the coming season.

'Mon Smudger!

PS, Casey, will we be allowed to feed burgers and coke to children in Salmond's brave new world? It's all very well him being a fat bastard, but surely that wont stop him insisting fitba clubs only serve Quorn and Quinoa at games?

Smith is right - no doubt about that for me.

Spiers, of course, is on record slating Smith for not accepting that The Rangers are much, much worse than 666fc. I mention this because I fully expect Britney to cross swords with Smith over their views in the coming season.

'Mon Smudger!

Interesting times ahead, indeed.

anyone who can, report this to the media! this way then they will be truelly exposed for their stupidness, lets face it if it was a RANGERS fan who taunted their rivals in a sick manner, we'd be up the creek without a paddle!

In bad taste, yes, of course it is. But is it any worse than the Desmond White banner? The songs about Doyle or Burns?

Some people need to realise that the world isn't all flowers and rainbows. If you go looking for offensive stuff, you'll find it.

Agree with this.

For us who don't have Facebook

Can someone say what it is ?

If it's so bad I hope someone has sent it to the media outlets

If this guy is guilty then he should face the consequences and a police enquiry

For us who don't have Facebook

Can someone say what it is ?

If it's so bad I hope someone has sent it to the media outlets

If this guy is guilty then he should face the consequences and a police enquiry

A like page titled as "We all agree that the Ibrox Disaster was magic"

Sickening.

Personally mate, I prefer the finding out who they are and kicking fuck out of them approach. (tu)

A test case for a law that hasn't been implemented yet...loads of geniuses on here. Agree with caseyjone's point earlier on about taking offence to it, it's no worse than some of the shite our fans come out with about Burns etc. Brush it off. I've seen some ridiculously racist posts accepted on here as if it's normal with no mod intervention or acknowledgement from reports, just learnt to let it go. There will ALWAYS be narrow-minded retards infesting society no matter where you go, these fannies who make these FB pages are just a few select examples.