Gers probe Bain's 130k pay hike

KingKirk

The Sun have deliberately sensationalised the story and as you can see from the posts, these lies are largely believed. The hypocrisy is fucking astounding.

Was just thinking that. Any other time we are in the press, they get hounded for getting everything wrong and being anti-Rangers, but this one is 100% believable as it suits (tu)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY person who could approve an increase in Bain's salary was Murray with approval from the board. There may be irregularities in this but rest assured Martin Bain was NOT writing his own contract.

It is still obscene he was taking a 35% increase out of Rangers when we were at our worst financially.

What were we getting for our 2 GRAND A DAY ?

Bain presided over the slow death of our club. Admittedly it wasn't all of his making by any means, but he was doing FA to prevent it since he came here.

By all accounts it was Muir who created the plan to drive down the debt and get us back into some kind of shape.

It is still obscene he was taking a 35% increase out of Rangers when we were at our worst financially.

Bain presided over the slow death of our club. Admittedly it wasn't all of his making by any means, but he was doing FA to prevent it since he came here.

By all accounts it was Muir who created the plan to drive down the debt and get us back into some kind of shape.

Or, potentially a 35% increase in bonus for presiding over a £4m profit instead of a £12m loss, whilst winning the SPL and the League Cup. (tu)

If i was on the money Bain was on before this rise and i knew the difficulties the club was going through i would have led by example and not only forfeited this bonus but would have reviewed my salary downwards to help out.

£500k per annum breaks down to roughly £42,000 per month. After Tax and NI contributions he would be taking home between £15k to £18k per month nett.

That is more than some people earn in one year.

No point speculating on the rights and wrongs of it as none of us know the facts.

Football journalism at its best.

Bain is not on a salary of £633k. It astounds me that a Newspaper, who must have access to people who can read a set of accounts, continue to get this shite wrong.

The £633k he earned last year was made up of SALARY, BONUS and PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS.

As for giving himself the rise, im thinking thats 99% shite as well. (tu)

You're missing the point and talking semantics here. Salary, bonus or pensions, they were all pounds going out of Ibrox to Bain. Does it matter what label they had ?

I've no idea whether he gave himself the rise. I doubt it was as simple as him deciding to give himself more money, but there are many ways to skin a cat.

Why would the club say he did if he didn't.? They know there's a court case looming and they'd only be prejudicing their own case.

The finance director has also gone, perhaps there was collusion. I'm not talking intentionally fraudulent here by any means, just greedy.

It'll all come out in the wash, as I suspect it is more about Ego with Bain than money.

If i was on the money Bain was on before this rise and i knew the difficulties the club was going through i would have led by example and not only forfeited this bonus but would have reviewed my salary downwards to help out.

£500k per annum breaks down to roughly £42,000 per month. After Tax and NI contributions he would be taking home between £15k to £18k per week nett.

That is more than some people earn in one year.

No point speculating on the rights and wrongs of it as none of us know the facts.

£18k per week nett is £1.5m per year. (tu)

You're missing the point and talking semantics here. Salary, bonus or pensions, they were all pounds going out of Ibrox to Bain. Does it matter what label they had ?

I've no idea whether he gave himself the rise. I doubt it was as simple as him deciding to give himself more money, but there are many ways to skin a cat.

Why would the club say he did if he didn't.? They know there's a court case looming and they'd only be prejudicing their own case.

The finance director has also gone, perhaps there was collusion. I'm not talking intentionally fraudulent here by any means, just greedy.

It'll all come out in the wash, as I suspect it is more about Ego with Bain than money.

Im not missing any point at all. If he has done wrong then heres hoping he pays.

All im saying is that the article is a lot of shite.

I imagine that Bain will have a Fixed salary and a Fixed % Pension contribution. The main variable in his package will be bonus and i would bet my last dime his bonus will be based on 2 things.

Success on the Park

Success on the P&L

In 08/09 we had a £12m loss but had success on his park. I would imagine his bonus was fairly low to average.

In 09/10 we turned the £12m loss into a £4m profit(or thereabouts) and also had success on the park.

A £130k increase in bonus is not out of line with a £16m positive swing in profits in my book. (tu)

I appreciate though this is looking at potential make ups and if it turns out that he just gave himself a £130k payrise and didnt adjust his bonus then hell mend him. If i was a betting man though, i wouldnt be betting on the latter. (tu)

I see where you're coming from, but that profit came about from Champions League Money, and not the business side of the club.

I know his contract wouldn't reflect that, but just the same, he was on bleating about cutbacks, yet all the while making sure he got his whack out of it. (No doubt the other directors also)

There's a lot of the story missing. Why did Bain "resign" before ? Why did he commit employment suicide by siding with the "rebels" when he had a spot in the new regime ? What are the questions the club want answered by him ?

There's a lot more to come out of this.

What were we getting for our 2 GRAND A DAY ? - TANNED :dry:

The Sun have deliberately sensationalised the story and as you can see from the posts, these lies are largely believed. The hypocrisy is fucking astounding.

the amount of people on this thread just blindly believing this is funny.

Bain's becoming (always was?) a parasite.

Ask yourself this. Who was the only person on the board at the time, with sufficient 'authority', who could have been in cahoots with Bain to approve an increase for him without it going through the full board? (I'll give you a clue, SDM wasn't there and Bain wasn't in his good books by then anyway.)

On an entirely unrelated matter, business is done differently over here compared to the USA.

Also, what other board member would have had to sign off such a payment when it was being paid out? And what is the current situation regarding that director's position?

That's a different pay rise. We're talking here about the £133k pay rise that was attempted a few months ago. Keep up.

I'm not following this. The sun article refers to the money he earned for 09/10 season. It quotes the exact amount of his total package which by no means guarantees it was a payrise.

I'm not aware of any others though the accounts in October may shed a light on that.