Davis Keen To Stay

Muff

STEVEN DAVIS has repeated his desire to follow in the footsteps of Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker by agreeing a new deal with the Light Blues.

SSpeaking at Glasgow Airport as Rangers prepared to head to Germany on pre-season tour, the Northern Ireland midfielder admits he's hoping to conclude talks on a new deal shortly.

He said: "I think it's just a matter of getting things sorted out, and hopefully we'll get it done and dusted.

"I'm not too sure how long it's going to take and I don't like to put a timeframe on it but obviously I'm happy here so hopefully we'll get something sorted out."

Davis also welcomed the signing of Juan Manuel Ortiz on the back of Rangers securing the long term services of two key players earlier this week.

Ortiz will be only the fifth Spaniard to feature for the Gers' top team and Davis is hoping he can have a similar impact to previous star Nacho Novo.

But Davis admits that he is hoping the arrival of the 29-year-old is simply the start of more additions to the squad.

Davis said: "I'm sure the manager will try to get in as many as possible and is working hard to do that. Hopefully we'll get a few across the line in the next week or two.

"Of course Allan and Steven are two really important players for the team and it's good to see them here for the long term.

"But the manager wants to get some new players in too and obviously we need a number of players in to help us out for next season and hopefully that's the first of a few now.

"I don't know a great deal about him but he's played in La Liga for a number of years so he'll be a good addition to the squad.

"Nacho was a fans' favourite and was a great servant to the club and I'm sure Juan will be trying to emulate what Nacho did."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110706/davis-keen-to-extend_2254024_2387548

Tie Steven Davis up, then we can look to Madjid Bougherra. If he's not prepared to sign a new deal, then look to offload him in this window.

If we could get Davis and Bougherra on new deals, then we have a squad shaping up very nicely - some more numbers of the required quality, and we are looking very good!

Here we go, 4 in a row!

I dont think there is a rush with Davis, he will sign, and, thats that.Just a case of when.

Not buying the crap in the press about this, Whittaker never considered/talked to the turkish mob, kinda sums it up. People trying to cause issues

The fact that a contract has been offered and not signed yet probably means he has rejected at least 1 offer.

I wonder if the people aiming for Whittaker will now target Davis as well, somehow I doubt they will.

The fact that a contract has been offered and not signed yet probably means he has rejected at least 1 offer.

I wonder if the people aiming for Whittaker will now target Davis as well, somehow I doubt they will.

No it doesn't.

How do you work that one out

Just to make it clear, I'm not having a go at Davis, It's the people that jumped on Whittaker for not signing the contracts Rangers offered him when none of us have any idea what the players are being offered.