When Will The Madness End?

graeme_4

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/01/2556605/fluminenses-dario-conca-to-become-third-highest-paid-player

Uncapped Argentinia midfielder is earning 10 million euros a year for some chinese club.

How can we ever compete in the transfer market?

I actually can't wait until the bubble bursts in the premier league and a whole load of shitty clubs who whack in 10 million bids for shite like Carlton Cole go out of business.

Excuse the rant, but I'm just frustrated as fuck with the transfer market these days.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/01/2556605/fluminenses-dario-conca-to-become-third-highest-paid-player

Uncapped Argentinia midfielder is earning 10 million euros a year for some chinese club.

How can we ever compete in the transfer market?

I actually can't wait until the bubble bursts in the premier league and a whole load of shitty clubs who whack in 10 million bids for shite like Carlton Cole go out of business.

Excuse the rant, but I'm just frustrated as fuck with the transfer market these days.

you are not on your own,been predicting and hoping that the premier league would go tits up for ages.methinks it will come sooner rather than later.

Hmmmm...what does the PL have to do woth a Chinese club?

The idea the the PL will crash is bullshit anyway.

Exactly.

Anyone who think it'll crash in the next 20 years has no idea what they're talking about.

As for footballers earning crazy salaries - fair play to them, I'm certainly not jealous and if I was in their position, I'd be squeezing out every penny I could.

Thats right i mind you showing me your war wounds :lol:

That was a fantastic wee trip

Easily the best away friendly I've been to down South.

I asked the steward "See when we're not wrecking the place and attacking coppers, are we not the best fans in the world?" "no mate, second best after Leeds" so a smacked the cunt. :lol:

In all seriousness he said it was unreal.

Easily the best away friendly I've been to down South.

I asked the steward "See when we're not wrecking the place and attacking coppers, are we not the best fans in the world?" "no mate, second best after Leeds" so a smacked the cunt. :lol:

In all seriousness he said it was unreal.

Was that not when me and you were talking to him and trying to fire into the wee polis women. She was a hotty!

I think it is already in the process of ending. You can say what you like, but the money can only buy so much, and I don't see the same figures being dished out in a wholesale manner that they once were. Crowds in England are definately falling, and people will resent the payments to footballers in a new age of economic austerity. Wigan, Blackburn, and Bolton do not draw in crowds and rely mainly on TV money, and the disparity between the haves and the have nots is growing in that League which is diminishing competition. So, are English clubs immune from financial difficulties?- not really, and the Premiership will become more and more diminished the more predictable it becomes The TV money will dry up, people will laugh at how incredible salaries were paid for mediocrity, and sense will return to the beautiful game If the banking industry can collapse and the NOTW can be gone in a week, then English football can lose much of its revenue just as quickly. Anyone who suggests that as people lose their jobs, and austerity measures hit those with heavy needs, that people will tolerate someone getting 200,000 a week in some cases has to be joking. I wonder how many people who used to have sky for instance, as the novelty of live football took hold do not have it anymore. I am old enough to remember when a live match meant excitement for days running up to that in school, now we do not really get that buzz. Football is losing that pulling factor, slowly but surely The sort of wages paid to Premiership footballers is slowly becoming anachronistic in these economic times but it will soon catch up and more English clubs will fall into financial difficulties

I think it is already in the process of ending. You can say what you like, but the money can only buy so much, and I don't see the same figures being dished out in a wholesale manner that they once were. Crowds in England are definately falling, and people will resent the payments to footballers in a new age of economic austerity. Wigan, Blackburn, and Bolton do not draw in crowds and rely mainly on TV money, and the disparity between the haves and the have nots is growing in that League which is diminishing competition. So, are English clubs immune from financial difficulties?- not really, and the Premiership will become more and more diminished the more predictable it becomes The TV money will dry up, people will laugh at how incredible salaries were paid for mediocrity, and sense will return to the beautiful game If the banking industry can collapse and the NOTW can be gone in a week, then English football can lose much of its revenue just as quickly. Anyone who suggests that as people lose their jobs, and austerity measures hit those with heavy needs, that people will tolerate someone getting 200,000 a week in some cases has to be joking. I wonder how many people who used to have sky for instance, as the novelty of live football took hold do not have it anymore. I am old enough to remember when a live match meant excitement for days running up to that in school, now we do not really get that buzz. Football is losing that pulling factor, slowly but surely The sort of wages paid to Premiership footballers is slowly becoming anachronistic in these economic times but it will soon catch up and more English clubs will fall into financial difficulties

First of all, how can you say the crowds in England are falling ? More specifically, which crowds are falling ? Because every Old Trafford,Emirates,Stamford Bridge,White Hart Lane and Anfield game I watched last season were absolutely sold out. Second of all, to say the premiership is predictable or infact 'diminishing competition' is laughable and a clue that tells me you don't really watch English football very much. In what way is the premiership or indeed, the whole of the English leagues predictable ? Because in the last three years, I haven't witnessed any common denominators. English football will always have a sell-out crowd simply because it has the money, it has the clubs and it has the players to attract them. And why is the premiership the only league to have this foretelling of impending doom ? Why are the Spannish, Italian and German leagues immune from financial disaster ? Real Madrid currently hold the record transfer fee for any one player, aren't they more unstable than any club in England.

This is crazy 10 million a year for an uncapped player is crazy you could play that 2 year contract and retire!. long gone are the days of the past were you played football as many years as possible and still held a job. I think the likes of Balotelli getting the wages he does is sickening

Norwich are the only club in England that have increased St sales compared to this time last year.

It all depends on when the billionaires get bored and that's what will crash the epl.

norwich fans love there club, i lived there, i hated