Disgusted

Absofknlutely nothing KNEEJERK about that Iain.

McCoist needs to get his finger out, and players in. Particularly in the middle of the park.

That was FKN terrible.

James.

I am going to wrestle you to the ground when we meet.

And then I'll shout on Kev and that'll be it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a bit early to be panicking that McCoist is not the right man for the job. Today he did gets his tactics wrong in that Davis should have started centrally and Wylde should have started on the left side, but I'm sure he realizes this and will learn from it. I don't think one individual player was at fault today, it was just a bad team performance. I do agree with those that think Edu and Broadfoot should be sold both are not Rangers class. I would have started with Papac alongside Bougherra and Lee Wallace on the left. I think we are a minimum of 4 players away from a decent team but i trust Ally to get it right.

I thought big Jig was worse than Edu. Edu wasn't that bad today. If we continue with these two in Midfield? it will get worse through out the season. Jig and Edu in Midfield arnt creative or good enough.

Its not a knee-jerk reaction!

Am just saying, I saied it when it was announced a few years back that I didn't think Coisty was the man for the job, he's one of the lads etc, and imo doesn't have the authority and the aggressive side to be able to command the players the way in which Walter did!

Rangers came out in the second half and upped the performance big time, couldn't possibly be because of Ally's team talk could it? He can only play the cards he has, he is currently short of cover in defense and lacking creativity from midfield and that showed today, the club are working to strengthen in that area so he isn't wearing blinkers, he knows its a problem.

To say he doesn't have the authority to command players is absolute nonsense. That is questioning the professionalism and integrity of our entire squad if you think they do not respect his authority. The squad have known Ally a long time, and will want him to succeed 100%. They aren't 10yrs old ffs, they realize that he is in charge and isn't just one of the lads.

We could go out and get another high profile manager and they still wont do the job the same way as Walter did because he was unique. Ally will be his own man and manage HIS way.

There will always be diots like you who have passes judgement on the guy before he even took charge of his first game... doh

Mate, I am not being funny, and I know what I am about to say could be seen under the pretext of being a Walter fan, but if we don't replace Weiss and Kenny then we are not as good as last season

Davis and Naismith make us play, but Weiss and Kenny did that little something extra that was unpredictable and made defences think

There is no doubt we need strengthening with quality. Big time, i would say in more positions than just the two you speak of mate.

(tu)

:

how is it possible to say someone is not cut out to be a manager before that person has managed? that would be as ridiculous as someone saying that you were an idiotic poster, if you had never posted anything for such an inference.

the dramatic change in the gers from the first half to the second half is clearly one demonstration that Ally does indeed have at least one element necessary to have what it takes to be a manager.

do you think you have, based on this thread, what it takes to be a successful poster?

:lol:

Davis signs on, Ally plays him through the middle against Blackpool, scores two, then shoves him back on the right for the first half, sort it out Ally ffs. If he'd played the full game in the middle we would have won and on a side note, Ortiz is slower than a week on the jail. My granny could beat him for pace.

I warn people now, we will eventually lose a game and on that day i know i aint coming on this forum, cant be arsed with people who cant handle a draw let alone a defeat

Davis signs on, Ally plays him through the middle against Blackpool, scores two, then shoves him back on the right for the first half, sort it out Ally ffs. If he'd played the full game in the middle we would have won and on a side note, Ortiz is slower than a week on the jail. My granny could beat him for pace.

I am sure he played on the right against Blackpool.

He certainly did, not to mention most Davis best performances since he joined us have been at RM.

Agreed, only downside to playing him there is he ain't an out and out winger. Cannot beat a man and get the ball into the box.

While the OP may be a bit over the top there are real worrying signs for me.

What sticks with me the most are 2 things, first of all Big Lee starting with Edu. I have a real gut feeling Ally will never ever drop him and will publicly say he is a sure thing. This concerns me not because Big lee is that bad a player..but he's not what's required week in week out in the SPL.

I also was concerned with the way he stayed in the box with Durrant the whole game. Ally you are not WS son..get in amongst it and create your own style. A long way to go, but if when we play the scum, we are lining up with edu and Mculloch in the middle, the games a bogey for me.

Another creative midfielder is a must, if Davis gets injured we are looking at one of the most uncreative midfields in the SPL, it's really that bad.

Still a long way to go and I pray that we will get some quality in before the 31st.

Agreed we were lacklustre, but Hearts have a lot of quality in their team now so we can't take that away from them. Even with the level of play we had, we still could have had 3-4 goals if we had taken our chances better (mind on Naisy's two fluffed sitters?). Early doors - no need to be swatting panic buttons yet.

Agreed we were lacklustre, but Hearts have a lot of quality in their team now so we can't take that away from them. Even with the level of play we had, we still could have had 3-4 goals if we had taken our chances better (mind on Naisy's two fluffed sitters?). Early doors - no need to be swatting panic buttons yet.

Del they work to a budget a fraction of ours. There is no excuse for not taking maximum points from SPL teams. We are better in every department anf have resources available to us Hearts can only dream of. Something is not quite right.

While the OP may be a bit over the top there are real worrying signs for me.

What sticks with me the most are 2 things, first of all Big Lee starting with Edu. I have a real gut feeling Ally will never ever drop him and will publicly say he is a sure thing. This concerns me not because Big lee is that bad a player..but he's not what's required week in week out in the SPL.

I also was concerned with the way he stayed in the box with Durrant the whole game. Ally you are not WS son..get in amongst it and create your own style. A long way to go, but if when we play the scum, we are lining up with edu and Mculloch in the middle, the games a bogey for me.

Another creative midfielder is a must, if Davis gets injured we are looking at one of the most uncreative midfields in the SPL, it's really that bad.

Still a long way to go and I pray that we will get some quality in before the 31st.

Will agree on your point of Ally up in the stand, though I do understand you can get a better view from there of what is taking place on the pitch. That said, I still feel a gaffer needs to be down with his men to light the arse rockets when necessary.

Del they work to a budget a fraction of ours. There is no excuse for not taking maximum points from SPL teams. We are better in every department anf have resources available to us Hearts can only dream of. Something is not quite right.

I do realise that, but they were playing some very good stuff in the first half regardless. Of course, that may have been because (yet again) we didn't wake up 'till after halftime, so that particular concern evidently has still not been addressed. I also agree that both Edu and Jig in MF is a big problem, and that playing Ortiz on the left continues with Walter's often baffling and annoying habits of slotting players out of their best positions. BUT... as I said, I'm willing to give Ally the time to rectify these issues, should he choose to do so. If they persist, then fair enough, fire away, but I think one game - and one where chances just weren't falling, as sometimes happens - does not offer enough hanging evidence as yet.

I do realise that, but they were playing some very good stuff in the first half regardless. Of course, that may have been because (yet again) we didn't wake up 'till after halftime, so that particular concern evidently has still not been addressed. I also agree that both Edu and Jig in MF is a big problem, and that playing Ortiz on the left continues with Walter's often baffling and annoying habits of slotting players out of their best positions. BUT... as I said, I'm willing to give Ally the time to rectify these issues, should he choose to do so. If they persist, then fair enough, fire away, but I think one game - and one where chances just weren't falling, as sometimes happens - does not offer enough hanging evidence as yet.

No excuse re slow first half start.

Mangement and players know full well, what we can do after that blistering end to the season.

Go for the jugular from the off. And for Ally to say , yeah moved Steve Davis into the center after halftime. Well excuse me the old "blind man and his dug" have known for years now that Steve Davis is a stick on for center midfield.

Teams are only as good as opposition allow them to be, we let Hearts play, we stood off, we misplaced passes and we let them run at us. I am not so sure Ortiz wide left is out of position as such, he looked pretty decent but he had next to no help from his team mates, both strikers were badly off the pace and the midfield was a bit disjointed, that said, i thought Edu done ok, but Davis had to do too much work and running himself.

No excuse re slow first half start.

Mangement and players know full well, what we can do after that blistering end to the season.

Go for the jugular from the off. And for Ally to say , yeah moved Steve Davis into the center after halftime. Well excuse me the old "blind man and his dug" have known for years now that Steve Davis is a stick on for center midfield.

Would defo be my preferred approach. (tu)