Poor Steven Davis

Senna

One of those nights where he ran his arse into the turf but nothing came off for him.

Can't be easy carrying those two every match, either.

Also, step up Steven Naismith, you're a fucking shadow of the player you were last year.

He must be fucking done in from carrying those two useless lumps on his shoulders all night.

At least Ortiz put in a shift, a pity only one or two players had the intelligence to match/spot his runs.

One of those nights where he ran his arse into the turf but nothing came off for him.

Can't be easy carrying those two every match, either.

Also, step up Steven Naismith, you're a fucking shadow of the player you were last year.

if both were played in their strongest positions they would influence the game far more than they are just now.

I have to say i feel sorry for him. Shunted out to the Right every week and having to carry those 2 donkeys something needs done asap about our midfeld

I couldn't tell what position he was meant to be in tonight after the first 10, he was everywhere trying to get us going and fuck all happened.

Mostly, and I'll freely admit I have the knives out for them, because of Emerson and Malcolm in the middle.

Oh and SWSL, you've had your say, fine, now piss off out the thread.

Steven Davis is a shuttler, the type of player who will work his arse off going between defence and attack. Very box to box. His speciality is not as a creative midfielder, but he's the only option we have for that right now.

Said the same the other day. The way you describe him exactly what he is. (tu)

Davis is one of the untouchables. No matter how many corners he pings off the first defender's head, no matter how many times he fails to hit his target with a 40 yard crossfield ball, no matter how many games he goes without scoring, it'll ALWAYS be Jig's or Edu's fault when he doesn't perform.

I couldn't tell what position he was meant to be in tonight after the first 10, he was everywhere trying to get us going and fuck all happened.

Mostly, and I'll freely admit I have the knives out for them, because of Emerson and Malcolm in the middle.

Oh and SWSL, you've had your say, fine, now piss off out the thread.

Whats up Jimmy?

Can't take a free kick or a corner and some of his long range passing and finishing is pretty shoddy.

Still one of our better players but unfortunately that's not saying much at the moment.

this (tu)

i still dont see what everyone else does about davis, sure heis our best midfielder but that isnt hard

his set pieces are disgraceful, that fucking floated ball will be the death of me, reminds me of micheal ball, PUT YOUR FUCKING FOOT THROUGH IT FFS

Steven Davis is a shuttler, the type of player who will work his arse off going between defence and attack. Very box to box. His speciality is not as a creative midfielder, but he's the only option we have for that right now.

Can't take a free kick or a corner and some of his long range passing and finishing is pretty shoddy.Still one of our better players but unfortunately that's not saying much at the moment.

Davis is one of the untouchables. No matter how many corners he pings off the first defender's head, no matter how many times he fails to hit his target with a 40 yard crossfield ball, no matter how many games he goes without scoring, it'll ALWAYS be Jig's or Edu's fault when he doesn't perform.

Truths that some wont like. (tu)

Davis is a fantastic energetic box to box midfielder who I am extremely glad we have but he is not a creative midfielder.

Yes he does create chances but it is not his strongest point. His delivery is awful from set-pieces and he does waste the ball a lot as well.

The amount of effort and work rate Davis puts in is fantastic but we shouldn't be relying on him to create loads of chances because its not his game.

He's an energetic box to box midfielder that wins the ball all around the park and has composure to carry the ball up field and start off and be involved in a move. Being our main creative player should not be his job but unfortunately for him that burden is put on him because his midfield partners are so shit.

He is by far our best midfielder but he would greatly benefit from having a real creative midfielder beside him to take that burden off him.

He's the only one of the three who has the gonads to actually take responsibility on the ball.

It's been said on here already tonight, but as per usual, McCulloch and Edu ran up their own arses as soon as the chips were down. Even when they were actually forced to take the ball, they couldn't get rid of it quick enough.

That has never been a factor in Davis' game and that's why he'll get my backing.

Whats up Jimmy?

You've had your say, which is exactly what this place is for, if you've come in to have a go at Davis, you've done that, no constructive reason for you to hang about in here.

Also, someone else said his finishing was poor - from BF3, he was about 6" and a good save from scoring twice tonight and having people asking why he doesn't score more often.

You've had your say, which is exactly what this place is for, if you've come in to have a go at Davis, you've done that, no constructive reason for you to hang about in here.

Also, someone else said his finishing was poor - from BF3, he was about 6" and a good save from scoring twice tonight and having people asking why he doesn't score more often.

No probs, im out, unless i get any notifications, i will be in to reply.

BTW, totally agree on Naismith, he angered me tonight, a player well off the pace, not fit and with a very very poor touch. Shocking, again.

Night Jim. (tu)

He's the only one of the three who has the gonads to actually take responsibility on the ball.

It's been said on here already tonight, but as per usual, McCulloch and Edu ran up their own arses as soon as the chips were down. Even when they were actually forced to take the ball, they couldn't get rid of it quick enough.

That has never been a factor in Davis' game and that's why he'll get my backing.

Fair enough but running about won't get us anywhere. He's still a top player but from time to time, his performance (quality wise, not work rate wise) is lacking. He was as guilty as anyone tonight with his poor set pieces and weak delivery. The Blackpool friendly showed exactly what he is capable of.

Fair enough but running about won't get us anywhere. He's still a top player but from time to time, his performance (quality wise, not work rate wise) is lacking. He was as guilty as anyone tonight with his poor set pieces and weak delivery. The Blackpool friendly showed exactly what he is capable of.

He and Ortiz were the only midfielders to take the ball forward tonight.

Edu did once, but that;s because he didn't look up and ran into 3 white shirts.

I think you just need to look at Davis' assist record up here over the last three years to see that he is a creative player.

Notwithstanding his one Young Player of The Year award in the Premiership and his two POTY awards up here, he's quite clearly a player of massive quality.

It's a pity he can't concentrating on creating goals for the likes of Naismith and Jelavic when he has to worry about the two numpties behind him.

Despite the fact that Davis is our best midfielder, he is frequently disappointing as well. I appreciate that he is often shunted out to right midfield, but he is not entirely blameless

It can be hard when he's marked out the game/singled out at times.

I'd like to see the ratio of poor games he's had in relation to the opposition we play and who else is in midfield - that alone would be very interesting.