Vladimir Weiss

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did he find time to fly and do a Medical?

He's been in Manchester the past 2 days. <cr>

Exactly. It says in the Sky Sports article that Kiev have anounced Weiss will sign this summer. He hasn't signed yet, a fee has been agreed. Still, despite this, I don't see us making a move for him. Wish we would though, loved wee Vlad last year, a breath of fresh air.

Weiss was outstanding against Valencia on the left, tracking back, tackling, running at the RB, the lot.

and in pretty much every other game he played on the left he was inconsistant and didnt play nearly as well as he did on the right.

Dont get me wrong here mate, i would LOVE him to come back and play for us, but as the team stands now, the 3-4 million could be better spent on other areas.

Did he not tweet he was on his way to Kiev the other day?

Nah mate, just had a look through and he's said nothing about going over, only that "the decision had been made" after that he's only posted about Rangers :disappointment:

and in pretty much every other game he played on the left he was inconsistant and didnt play nearly as well as he did on the right.

Dont get me wrong here mate, i would LOVE him to come back and play for us, but as the team stands now, the 3-4 million could be better spent on other areas.

Fair enough

(tu)

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-city/1214003-manchester-city-winger-weiss-passes-medical-dynamo-kiev-medical.html

Dynamo Kiev appear close to landing Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss.

The Slovak international has passed a medical at the Ukrainian club.

The Ukrainians are confident of securing a deal for the talented Slovakian and head coach Yuri Semin confirmed the transfer was in its advanced stages.

Speaking to local television, he said: "Yes, Vladimir Weiss has passed a medical and soon we will include him in our squad."

Weiss, 21, is the son of Slovakia head coach and namesake Vladimir and joined City from Inter Bratislava at the age of 16.

However, he has struggled to break into City’s first-team.

He had a dig at Ortiz?

Referring to this i think, mate...

Weiss rapped: "I don't think money has anything to do with it. It's not the reason. Ally spent money on the player Ortiz. I've only seen him play one game but if he's happy with him then okay, that's up to him.

See to be honest, even if he has had a thin dig at Ortiz, I can understand it. The guy clearly loved playing for The Rangers and the way he took to our fans and club and the way we took to him has obviously had a big effect on him.

He loves the club like we do. Some foriegn players join the club and just don't quite get it, but some guys like Prso, Novo and Weiss for example, take the club to their hearts. He's obviously hurting that he can't make it back to Rangers because I'm sure he's stated before, if he had to leave City permanently, he wanted to come here.

Is he a better player than Ortiz? I think he probably believes he is. Their styles are relatively different, though, if I'm being completely fair. My personal preference would be to have Weiss, though and after the contribution he made last season (yes, he could have probably done even more) he probably thought that if the opportunity came up McCoist would go for him. That's not the case and he's a bit gutted, so he's had a pretty tame dig at Ortiz. I can understand why he's done it.

That interview, bloody hell :anguish:

How can we not be interested in him? The boy has fantastic potential and adores this club, he would be a long term signing and one who would have a real passion for us.

A huge loss for us, gutted with this and its clear to see he is too.

All here assuming that because Ally hasn't gone and offered the £3m required to speak to him, that it's because we don't have the money to do so.

Maybe Ally doesn't have him on the same pedestal? Maybe Ally just doesn't think he's worth £3m.

Love the guy - would love him here, but cant help but think he has burned some bridges with that interview - I understand he is hurting but if he was to go a different route maybe he could have got his move, at the end of the day no-one is forcing him to sign for kiev. He could say no to everybody and leave Man City no choice.

But to come out and pretty much have a dig at Ally and Ortiz was certainly not a good choice.

omg a dont care if use abuse me here WE HAVE 4 WINGERS with lafferty and also naisy can play wing and if weiss was destined to come to rangers why not wait until next year then hes a spoilt prat and he can go rot in ukraine a wont pay 4 million for him good riddance close this thread man