Owen Hargreaves

Raligt

Leicester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has called off his pursuit of former England midfielder Owen Hargeaves.

The injury-plagued 30-year-old was released by Manchester United in May and Eriksson was keen to sign him.

But Eriksson told BBC Radio Leicester: "It will not happen now. If it was going to happen it would have already been done but now it is too late.

"I can't reach him. I have only spoken to his agent and he has not come back to me, which is a little bit strange."

Hargreaves has made 42 appearances for England but played just 39 games for Manchester United in almost four years at Old Trafford.

The Canada-born midfielder recently used YouTube to post daily fitness videos and has been linked with a possible move to Scottish champions Rangers, newly-promoted QPR, West Brom and various MLS sides.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14387619.stm

:drugang: :drugang: :drugang:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be good signing if he was fit, but his wages would be well out of the reach of our current structure, unless perhaps it was just for a year. If he doesn't fancy the championship though, would he come here? I'd expect some premiership or german side would snap him up.