Mccoist

will_1974

244 members have voted

1. 1. McCoist as a Manager so far?

• Give him time - He's a legend and he'll learn
    • Out his depth - Big Mouth
    • The right man for the job
    • The best we can get

The teams and tactics he has deployed have been more than good enough to win the games.

The players have let him down badly, I realise that should that continue then ultimately it would cost mccoist his job, but I expect the players to rally and most of them have started to do so. If we had kept 11 men on the pitch last night we'd have won easily, you can't really blame mccoist for failing to win with 9 men.

Just remember building a team takes time, and mccoist has been let down so far in the transfer market.

Anyone calling for mccoists head at this stage is a lunatic or a tim. It's simply not our way to overreact so quickly to a disappointing start.

Sorry mate your first line, It was Allys team selection and tactics which cost us against Malmo at ibrox playing McCulloch and Edu is a joke playing Ortiz on the left wing which we can see clearly he cant play there is happening now every game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wae no championms league money coming in now there no way whytes gonnae splash the cash on the number of quality players that mccoist craves so we will get stuck wae bargain basement shit if hed got his finger out sooner n signed the new players mccoist wanted we might not be in this mess n before anyone slates me i know he tied our most valueable assets up on long term deals but they r existing players not new ones

whats important is winning the leage now, getting next years champions league spot, and there will be arivals

Only 4 games in, can't believe people are even asking this before the transfer window has even shut.

I'm not happy about results but Ally's still learning, and I believe things will get better from here.

I'll be behind Ally and the team the whole way anyway!

Same mate (tu)

I do worry about this season however I am behind him 100%.

This.

"The highs and lows at this club are fantastic and there's a great divide between the two.

"If you're involved in this club and you're a Ranger then you handle both the same and you get on with it."

He said yesterday. He knows what's before him and he will come out on top.

Ally McCoist would only resign from Rangers if things got really bad and he felt it was the best for Rangers.

You'd be hard pressed to find a man who's more Rangers than Alistair Murdoch McCoist MBE, he'll be a success!

What a question, not even half a dozen competitive games played. Give him time. 1st leg against Malmo we were shocking, last night was much improved barring whittaker who looks like an imposter at the moment and boogi-arse we would have won! McCoist doesnt tell the board how much to bid only who to bid for!

Oh the poll results are shocking, some of the fans are a disgrace. Also I know Whittaker was a dick last night, but people saying "he's the worst rangers player I've seen in our jeresy" Are fucking idiots. He is probably one of our best players, he's had a bad start to the season. But IMO Jelavic has had a pretty poor start but he doesn't get slated and it pisses me fucking aff'.

Walter Smith lost out in the qualifying rounds plenty of times, it's not like thats a new phenomenon. Whilst McCoist has to shoulder the blame for the first leg, which we in reality should have won easily which would have made last nights match certainly a lot less worrysome, you can't really blame him too much for last night. I thought overall we played fairly well, and the only gripe I would have is he could have thrown on subs earlier. The real culprit from losing us a place in the next round is Whittaker and to a lesser degree Bougherra, he at least can argue he was going for the ball and for me anyway that was never a red card in a million years. Whittaker on the other hand committed an act of sheer foolishness, the sort of thing you'd see in the school playground and there wasnt any need for it all the tackle on him that provoke his childish act wasn't even that bad!

Ally though still has a lot to learn as a manager and whether he will or not remains to be seen. But at the end of the day, very few if any of us here are honestly going to put our hands up and say we're willing to sacrifice success so McCoist can learn his trade.

Ally McCoist would only resign from Rangers if things got really bad and he felt it was the best for Rangers.

You'd be hard pressed to find a man who's more Rangers than Alistair Murdoch McCoist MBE, he'll be a success!

I would like to think that he is not anymore of a RANGERS man than I am. and before i get hit with aye but he played for our club. Indeed he did after how many times of asking?

I do not cpmpare RANGERS fan against RANGERS fan as to who is the better fan.

We are all the people WATP :uk:

Fucking hell man.

Right.

Ally has identified players and therefore it's up to the club's owner(s) etc to openly pursue these targets. Craig Whyte appears to have done so, very poorly may I add. This has left Ally with a pretty average squad and apart from Goian and Wallace no real strength has been added.

Secondly, we got our pre-season schedule all wrong. We should have started with easy morale boasting games before heading to Germany to face tougher opposition. This then has made the results look bad and got Ally off to a bad start.

The first game arrives against the third force in Scottish football. Hearts, until we play them, was arguably going to be our hardest league fixture. A 1-1 draw. First half we were terrible but Ally made changes and being honest and unbiased we should have won about 3/4-1!

Next up was Malmo and it's clear to see McCoist made a mistake playing 3-5-2. However, he changed it to no avail. The players let the club down badly that night and were fucking disgusting. A 1-0 defeat and yet everyone is getting on McCoist's back - bear in mind he has made two signings by this point, one of which starts.

A 2-0 win in the SPL against St. Johnstone brings a sigh of relief to everyone along with the featuring of Dorin Goian. Another good performance by new signing Lee Wallace and the first goal of the season for star man Nikica Jelavic.

Next up is the already tricky away tie to Malmo. No visiting support either. We field a strong team which starts strongly and looks sharp. I was confident we'd win the game and maintain the view that we would have won easily. Whittaker threw it all away for us and as far as I'm concerned shouldn't be near the first team for a while. His indiscipline cost us the tie and his mistake cost us the first leg. We then continue to play well and grab the lead with Nikica Jelavic's first goal in Europe for us. Things continue to go well despite being down to 10 men. The ref was slightly biased to the home side I thought - just my opinion though. Then, Madjid Bougherra, who had been playing well until this point, commits a foolish foul and receives a red card. We are then facing an uphill struggle from there on in. I was still confident we'd win it but it wasn't to be.

We played well tonight. We looked sharp and could easily have won. If it wasn't for two fucking idiots, well... can't really put too much emphasis on Madjid's as he went wit the elbow and didn't throw the ball at the back of an opposing players head for no fucking reason.

People calling for Ally's resignation/to be sacked need to fucking take a look at things from a different view instead of the "oh look, another *" (* represents something bad). Where's the negative's in Ally's performance except for this defeat which in all honesty isn't entirely his fault, but instead the players on the park?

The man is doing the job to the best of his abilities but from my point of view I'm not sure the same can be said for two men in the boardroom.

Ally will stay, and he will fight on. Whether he has 4 or 5 new recruits in the coming weeks to help the rally cry remains to be seen.

Craig Whyte needs to be start helping Ally and backing him FULLY - instead of petty bids.

In Ally I Trust - whether you do or not.

Agree with what you said, Ally needs time get his own players in and shape a team.

If we dont start putting in bids that are worth talking about we arent going to get anyone else in so Whyte has to get his finger out of his arse and get the guys Ally wants.

Ally needs the support behind him and back not call for him tobe sacked give him a chance.

McCoist has to shoulder the blame along with Whyte, Smith etc.

His tactics and team selections so far have been terrible.

His failure to use Wylde is bewildering, okay the kid hasn't signed a contract, big deal, he is still our player and should be used.

There was enough in the squad to beat Malmo at Ibrox comfortably.

Of course he should be given time, but ultimately it was his job to make sure we were ready and we clearly were not.

Totally agree. He may become a great manager but his inexperience has cost us in both the transfer market and the CL exit thus far. I can't believe for a second that Walter would have put up with the transfer fannying about that Rangers have been guilty of in this window.

Also the question must be asked about Ally's team selection and especially lack of changes last night. I've not seen that spaniard kick a ball for Rangers yet he was picked on the left in from the start. Even when it was obvious that we needed the out-ball and direct into the box delivery that Wylde provides we still stuck with the same. Also how pish must Healy be when he couldn't get a run out towards the end last night as a fresh pair of legs. Why did we give this guy a new contract if he's not good enough? (Because he's cheap and an Ulster proddy shouldn't be the answer here).

All in all I think it was unforgiveable that Ally didn't bring on a sub last night either at 1-0 when we needed to shore things up or at 1-1 when we needed a goal. When you consider the extra physical strain in playing with 1 or 2 men down for most of the game then not bringing on fresh player(s) was not inexperience it was stupidity.

Sorry mate your first line, It was Allys team selection and tactics which cost us against Malmo at ibrox playing McCulloch and Edu is a joke playing Ortiz on the left wing which we can see clearly he cant play there is happening now every game.

I dont like Mcculloch and Edu together either, but regardless if the players on the pitch had played to anything like a reasonable standard we'd have won easily.

While the tactics and selection can be debated as to whether they were the best available there's no doubt in my mind that those players sent over the white line had it in them to win that match easily.

To Moderator - can this poll be closed now.

Well over 80% are behind Super Ally.

Some of us are old enough to remember John Greig as manager. He was more of a Rangers legend that Ally but was very poor as a manger.

There were people who refused to criticise him at the time because of his legendary status as a player.

Some of us are old enough to remember John Greig as manager. He was more of a Rangers legend that Ally but was very poor as a manger.

There were people who refused to criticise him at the time because of his legendary status as a player.

Great Player rarely equals Great Manager.

McCoist will eventually be judged on his managerial qualities. I say eventually as being a legend always buys you time. The question would be in my mind if any other manager who was a non-rangers legend had been appointed what would the poll say???