Approve Or Dissaprove.

dave7867

Just been a member for a week now and havent seen this topic brought up so if it has i apologise.

If our commercial man Ali Russell had managed to get a company to sponsor say either the stadium or a stand would you approve or dissaprove.(and was a good offer)

I suppose it would depend on the money and on the brand (a good British one would be acceptable).

At the end of the day it's what we call the stadium that matters. I mean how long has it been since Fairfield's was officially called that but I've never heard anyone refer to it as anything else

unless it was for serious cash, like 500million to rename ibrox etc, then no thanks

Can I ask why you feel like that Jim, I'm all for retaining our traditions and history, but I don't see the harm in changing the stadiums name for several millions of pounds.

Id rename a stand either broomloan or govan

copland and bill struth have to much history to be branded wae a sponsor

wouldn't even consider renaming ibrox like selling the family silver, what is st james park called again? something ridiculous iirc

Can I ask why you feel like that Jim, I'm all for retaining our traditions and history, but I don't see the harm in changing the stadiums name for several millions of pounds.

Several million to change from Ibrox? No chance.

Id rename a stand either broomloan or govan

copland and bill struth have to much history to be branded wae a sponsor

wouldn't even consider renaming ibrox like selling the family silver, what is st james park called again? something ridiculous iirc

"Sportsdirect.com @ st.james park" but the fact everyone still calls it st.James park tells it's own story.

Ibrox would still be Ibrox even if someone was daft enough to give us money to call it "The Walkers Monster Munch Arena"

No money on this earth would make me approve of calling Ibrox some shitty sponsor.

It will always be Ibrox Stadium, home to "The Rangers Football Club" - The most successful club ever.

I would hate my children to grow up going to the "Doritos Arena". Rangers and Ibrox go hand in hand. The day Ibrox is renamed will be the start of the demise of our great historical football club. It'll be the day we're no longer an institution and an icon in the sporting world and we move to just being another business.