Mickey Mouse League

McWeedy

Celtic to lose every match they play and Rangers to win every one. Simple really.

Stick a poll up and see what the consensus is. I'm sure you won't be alone in hoping for them to do well.

Rangers got to the last 16 of the Europa League last year and that only managed a mear 3.600 on the Co-efficient, im sorry but we cant do it alone.

In an ideal world every team in scotland would be getting pumped in Europe and we would be playing in the Champions League every year but it doesnt work like that im afraid.

We need every team in Scotland to pull their weight this year because next year the 2007/2008 season gets taken away from the Co-efficient.

My love for Rangers comes first for me anyway.

:anguish:

Get them to fuck !

I'd rather eat my own balls than hope to see them progress in the EL.

Normally I would be the same.

Its just this year is pretty vital.

Im ok with seeing them get past the group stages of the Europa League for one year if it means we will keep getting Champions League football when we win the League.

Normally I would be the same.

Its just this year is pretty vital.

Im ok with seeing them get past the group stages of the Europa League for one year if it means we will keep getting Champions League football when we win the League.

We will be..

Rangers got to the last 16 of the Europa League last year and that only managed a mear 3.600 on the Co-efficient, im sorry but we cant do it alone.

In an ideal world every team in scotland would be getting pumped in Europe and we would be playing in the Champions League every year but it doesnt work like that im afraid.

We need every team in Scotland to pull their weight this year because next year the 2007/2008 season gets taken away from the Co-efficient.

My love for Rangers comes first for me anyway.

I need no lessons on how the co-efficient is worked out and nor do I need one on how to be a Rangers man.

Can see were you are coming from about the total coefficient being in a bad position.

We made 12 points alone for our European campaign last season but because the rest of the Scottish teams were pumped out the average goes way down to 3.6 as you mentioned. Saying that we need to start turning draws into wins to get more points.

For 2013 we are really struggling, sitting 28th just now and a massive 8 points(just under) behind Switzerland in 15th spot. To keep two teams with possible CL football we need both clubs to get far in EL.

(tu)

Exactly.

We've been spoilt rotten. We are now seeing the true standard that the SPL can attract on its own merit. Unfortunately, so many people have grown up in an era when English clubs were banned from Europe so we could attract the likes of Butcher, etc. That clearly boosted our TV revenue for years, and we lived off that. We also had the remortgaging financial model of David Murray, so we were punching well above what we could afford.

Unfortunately, what we have now is a financially affordable model, which is the level we should be operating at. We will see more home-grown talent, I just hope the supporters can have some patience with the youngsters as they are brought through.

For what it's worth, celtc are way behind on this and are putting themselves further and further into the shit every year. Hopefully broon8 signs a new £30k pw contract (unless his bottle has completely crashed since Bartley signed) (tu)

Level

League(s)/Division(s)

Premier League

(Barclays Premier League)

20 clubs - 3 relegations

Football League Championship

(npower Championship)

24 clubs - 3 promotions, 3 relegations

Football League One

(npower League 1)

24 clubs - 3 promotions, 4 relegations

Football League Two

(npower League 2)

24 clubs - 4 promotions, 2 relegations

Conference National

(Blue Square Bet Premier)

24 clubs - 2 promotions, 4 relegations

Conference North

(Blue Square Bet North)

22 clubs - 2 promotions, 3 relegations

Conference South

(Blue Square Bet South)

22 clubs - 2 promotions, 3 relegations

Northern Premier League Premier Division

(Evo-Stik League Premier Division)

22 clubs - 2 promotions, 4 relegations

Southern Football League Premier Division

(Zamaretto League Premier Division)

Isthmian League Premier Division

(Ryman Football League Premier Division)

Northern Premier League Division One North

(Evo-Stik League First Division North)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Northern Premier League Division One South

(Evo-Stik League First Division South)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Southern Football League Division One Central

(Zamaretto League Division One Central)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Southern Football League Division One South & West

(Zamaretto League Division One South & West)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Isthmian League Division One North

(Ryman Football League Division One North)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Isthmian League Division One South

(Ryman Football League Division One South)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

and thats just down to level 8

I see what you are saying but I had in mind that we enter at Football League 2 level.

Population of 5 million, 2 massive clubs that are easily accessible (majority of Scottish population are only about 2 hours away from Ibrox/Gary Glitter Dome) in a city which is much larger than any other city in the country, even the capital. It's therefore no surprise with that the SPL is an uncompetitive and unattractive league.

Despite that, Scottish football punched above its weight for a long time, but the gap in TV revenue has made being competitive even harder

We've been spoilt rotten. We are now seeing the true standard that the SPL can attract on its own merit. Unfortunately, so many people have grown up in an era when English clubs were banned from Europe so we could attract the likes of Butcher, etc. That clearly boosted our TV revenue for years, and we lived off that. We also had the remortgaging financial model of David Murray, so we were punching well above what we could afford.

Unfortunately, what we have now is a financially affordable model, which is the level we should be operating at. We will see more home-grown talent, I just hope the supporters can have some patience with the youngsters as they are brought through.

For what it's worth, celtc are way behind on this and are putting themselves further and further into the shit every year. Hopefully broon8 signs a new £30k pw contract (unless his bottle has completely crashed since Bartley signed) (tu)

Lot of truth there. (tu)

Population of 5 million, 2 massive clubs that are easily accessible (majority of Scottish population are only about 2 hours away from Ibrox/Gary Glitter Dome) in a city which is much larger than any other city in the country, even the capital. It's therefore no surprise with that the SPL is an uncompetitive and unattractive league.

Despite that, Scottish football punched above its weight for a long time, but the gap in TV revenue has made being competitive even harder

How the fuck can you compare Ibrox to FUCKIN PAEDO BASTARD Glitter

No just a mickey mouse mentality from clubs, coaches, players and fans. We should expect better, we should try harder, we should work harder, too many poeple and clubs in a comfortzone. Some of the above comments just about sum up this pathetic attitude Scottish people have, so defeatist.

No just a mickey mouse mentality from clubs, coaches, players and fans. We should expect better, we should try harder, we should work harder, too many poeple and clubs in a comfortzone. Some of the above comments just about sum up this pathetic attitude Scottish people have, so defeatist.

So the SPL isn't a mickey mouse/poor League? Aye alright then.

It is a British mentality, although the top English clubs can back it up more, due to major financial muscle and some of the best players in the world. You regularly see the lesser English teams come croppers to supposed lowly opposition.

We are Rangers, champions of Scotland. It's overating ourselves to think the champions of Sweden (Malmo) are an easy draw, and a Mickey Mouse team in comparison to our current standing. Why are the champions from a country that has produced many top players over the years considered by our fans to be fodder we should be 'pumping'?

You'd think after countless times over the years watching ourselves struggle against these ''shite'' teams, as well as seeing the taigs struggle, SPL teams getting papped out the first hurdle, and some English teams struggle..... the penny would drop. No such thing as an easy game anymore from teams coming from the top 30 ranked leagues in UEFA, especially in the Champions League!

I just think it's no wonder we see complacent performances on the park, if that is the fans attitude off it. It's an attitude I genuinely struggle to fathom, given the amount of times we've slipped on banana skins. As collective, a hell of a lot of fans are in denial about Rangers current standing within European football, as put before, we've been spoiled.

Four competitive matches against Swedish opposition and we're still without a win.

It certainly looks that way, although our attitude of Coaches , Managers, Football association and League administrators, along with the interference of the local Government doesn't help us.

Also stop overreacting to incidents at Old Firm games

Also the obvious lack of preparation and training structure, and the limited mentality along with the defensive tactics we deploy, is rapidly declining our Leagues reputation World wide along with its tumbling coefficient.

Only the Fans in this country have the vision to lift our reputation out of the doldrums.

Introduce standing areas ,restructure League ,more teams , reduced pricing ,oh and play at least one forward in an International Football Match

How embarrassing was that .Took us back at least to Berti Vogts rule.