47,379 For A Meaningless Friendly...

Muff

Atmosphere wasnt up to much today again im afriad it looks like the singing will be at away games only bar the old firm at ibrox which is sad. But with nearly a full house it would have brung it some cash probaly to give kerker a better deal

Better sing song on the bus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because the stadium was half empty vs Malmo the players thought they would only give half their effort ? haha some of the stuff you read on here is superb.

Is you think support is that irrelevant then whats the point even selling tickets? Why not just play all our games behind closed doors?

I think the point is more, there was considerably less supporting going on at the game which needed support more!

Friendlies are an irrelevence, only good for match fitness in pre-season and since we're 4 games into oure competitive season already it makes it even more pointless.

Pointless ma arse, we found a new right back today, Bartley had a good run out, the boy Perry looks ok and some of the other youngsters gained valuable experience.

Oh and we made a million pounds

If you don't want to go don't go but don't moan at people who do want to go

Pointless ma arse

Wasn't the fans who picked the team and shitey tactics that night. Should be beating teams like that comfortably whether there are 500 or 50,000 fans.

We both know thats rubbish.

50,000 fans at Ibrox making noise has helped Ranger win many games they should have lost.

Malmo would have been fearing a full Ibrox, instead they got a half empty stadium who critised Edu, Whittaker and McCulloch every time they made a mistake.

Played right into their hands and they enjoyed their night in Glasgow.

Is you think support is that irrelevant then whats the point even selling tickets? Why not just play all our games behind closed doors?

Where did i say that ? enlighten me. If we have players only playing to how many fans turn up we are in big trouble. Soon we will see players heading for the Subway tunnel with the fans.

Players should be going out to win games no matter if their is only 100 fans there or 100,000 fans there.

Chance to go see a Top drawer team at Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon vs seeing a shitey Swedish mob outplay us on a Tuesday night.

Not hard to understand FFS

very hard for me to understand.

a nothing game more important than giving support to our team to help them make it through to the champions league group stages? a priority beyond my comprehension.

tuesday night or monday morning - the stakes are not diminished, pity the same cannot be said for our support.

People talk alot of nonsense about how great the support is. We are outsung time and time again by away fans. The attendance for the Malmo game was a disgrace, especially in light of today's attendence. If people want to spend £25 to clap Lampard as he takes corners that is up to them but it's fucking sad in my opinion.

A loud intimidating atmosphere would have helped against Malmo but in saying that the negative, inspid, attitude of the team and management has done alot to suck the atmosphere out of Ibrox over the last 4 years.

The away support is usually great but face facts, Ibrox is a quiet stadium that opposition players usaully enjoy playing in. It wasn't always like that. Rather than posting past comments from players praising the Rangers support, more people should go to games, get behind the team and make it hard for the opposition.

So because the stadium was half empty vs Malmo the players thought they would only give half their effort ? haha some of the stuff you read on here is superb.

No, but we have seen what the support does for the team on European nights before.

A full Ibrox doesn't guarantee a win, but it can help lift the players. Instead there were empty seats all over the place, the atmosphere was flat, the away support out sang us for long periods of the game.

People are always quick to post these when it suits them.

Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

"All I can say when I try to imagine what it will be like at Ibrox is Ooh la la!' I played against Rangers at Ibrox with Chelsea in the summer and we lost 2-0, I have told Perrin that the atmosphere at Ibrox is absolutely magical. To my way of appreciating football, its truly really beautiful. That's how to support your team!"

Drogba goes on "Lyon played at Celtic a couple of seasons ago but Ibrox will be completely different!"

Thierry Henry (FC Barcelona)

"I know the atmosphere that's generated here and that makes it tough for any team. I thought the fans were unbelievable again."

"They were not swearing or shouting stupid things, they pushed their team forward and that's great to see."

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

"The Rangers fans were awesome, all the lads were talking about it," said Lampard.

"The reception I got when I went to take corners during the game, and after when we were going off, was really nice."

"They certainly love their own team, but it was very special to get that welcome. It was amazing really, and a very good game to play in for us, certainly the best friendly we've had."

"With that kind of backing from their crowd, they will be hard to beat. And I expect to see Rangers in the Champions League."

Hernan Crespo (AC Milan)

"I've played at Ibrox --the atmosphere in Scottish stadiums is sensational."

Lionel Letizi (PSG)

"I'd been told about the incredible atmosphere but could not believe how loud it was."

"When we arrived and walked out on to the pitch, the stadium was empty because we were early."

"We went back inside to change and when we walked into the tunnel we could hear a rumbling noise."

"And when we went back on to the pitch I could not believe my ears. The sound was terrifying and the game had not even started yet!"

"I then had to walk to my goal and when the referee blew his whistle to start the match the sound which came from the stand at my back almost knocked me over."

"It was amazing and I am really looking forward to experiencing this again - as a Rangers player."

Henning Berg (When at Rangers)

"The atmosphere was better than anything I experienced at Old Trafford, even better than playing Juventus there. I will never forget this night."

Dado Prso (Monaco)

"The atmosphere was incomparable, and I had goosebumps throughout the match," he said of the 2-2 draw, despite spending the first 56 minutes on the bench.

"Since then, I have never experienced anything as intense in any of the other European stadia I've played football in. Rangers are the club I needed to join. They are a club in my own image, and their ambitions are on the same level as my own."

Gary Neville (Manchester United)

"This was the loudest atmosphere that I have known, compared to any English ground away from home."

"There have been certain nights at Old Trafford in European games - the ones against Juventus comes to mind - when the atmosphere was incredible."

"But this was definitely up there with the best. It was fantastic."

"When we came out at the start I was looking around me and I saw people in the directors' box jumping up singing and I was wondering what was happening. It is not usually like that."

"The crowd beating us was never going to happen - but thank goodness they didn't score."

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

"I'll never forget that night we played there. The atmosphere was unbelievable, very hostile.

Villarreal will think they've experienced a lot of good atmospheres but I really think the Rangers support could startle them."

Marcos Senna (Villarreal)

"Usually players don't even hear supporters when we play but it was impossible to ignore the crowd in Glasgow."

"When they scored, the noise was amazing, incredible. It was a very beautiful spectacle.

I could almost say I was not totally sad when they scored - that crowd deserved it."

"It seems there will be 6000 Rangers fans here but only 4000 will get into the stadium. Well, it's going to be noisy inside and out!"

"Their fans are great and it will help them but it was a lot noisier at Ibrox than it will be at our ground. The Madrigal fans support us a lot but in a different way."

Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona)

"It is not just made up that players can suffer from an intimidating atmosphere when they play at visiting grounds."

"I know from Ruud (van Nistelrooy) that when we beat PSV at Ibrox in the Champions League he thought it was very frightening. He said it was one of the most atmospheric matches he had ever experienced - and now he has to face it again. For him to come back to Ibrox it will be the same experience."

"I know that Manchester United's players face all the biggest games and full stadiums everywhere, but I think most of them will find this Wednesday night at Ibrox a really different atmosphere."

"I've played in England and I don't think that any stadium in the Premiership can compare with Ibrox for its intimidating atmosphere - it is far above them."

We have our part to play as well.

Pointless ma arse, we found a new right back today, Bartley had a good run out, the boy Perry looks ok and some of the other youngsters gained valuable experience.

Oh and we made a million pounds

If you don't want to go don't go but don't moan at people who do want to go

Pointless ma arse

This was a friendly. Chelsea never got out of 2nd gear.

McMillan is not the answer at right back and if Perry was good enough we would not have signed 2 centre backs and have a bid in for another.

Nothing that happened in today's game will effect Ally's team selections. This was a meaningless friendly taken on to create extra revenue.

28,828 for a crucial Champions League qualifier.

But hey it's Chelsea, our brothers in blue... absolutely pathetic.

dont you think maybe the boo boys and the likes may effect the team more than the attendance, recent events show it has been happening, how about berate them, although you are hardly behind the players yourself with some of your comments on this site

Oh and I notice one of the chief moaners is the one who says he won't go to Europa League games

Fucking incredible state of affairs having a go at people who go to games which don't suit his ego

:lol:(tu)

No, but we have seen what the support does for the team on European nights before.

A full Ibrox doesn't guarantee a win, but it can help lift the players. Instead there were empty seats all over the place, the atmosphere was flat, the away support out sang us for long periods of the game.

People are always quick to post these when it suits them.

We have our part to play as well.

There is no need to quote me things players have said about Rangers mate. And too say with a full stadium we would have outsang them is faulse too, if we where 1-0 down like vs Hearts, 80% of the fans would be on the players backs like Hearts, who outsang us for half of that game. For some people to say players dont give their all because the stadiums half empty is just a complete farce. if thats true they shouldnt be here.

We will never get 50'000 fans to come out to a 3rd round qualifier on a tuesday night where the tickets are priced at 25 quid.

Could have seen them in the Champions League, if our fans turned up to help us getpast Malmo.

Also, Friendly or not, why do our fans continue to applaud Frank Lampard but give Maurice Edu pelters?

Edu is a Rangers player, not Lampard or any other Chelsea player.

I have no idea why people would applaude Lampard but I can understand booing Edu. I don't think Edu is much of a footballer and would like to see him punted.

There is no need to quote me things players have said about Rangers mate. And too say with a full stadium we would have outsang them is faulse too, if we where 1-0 down like vs Hearts, 80% of the fans would be on the players backs like Hearts, who outsang us for half of that game. For some people to say players dont give their all because the stadiums half empty is just a complete farce. if thats true they shouldnt be here.

We will never get 50'000 fans to come out to a 3rd round qualifier on a tuesday night where the tickets are priced at 25 quid.

Naw but if we don't go we'll get abused on the net and get told we're not real fans (tu):lol:

There's work, finances (£25 for a Malmo ticket) and allsorts of factors

I would love to go and see Rangers every week including in the sleet in January but i have arthritis and i am struggling to get a new job,my misses works part-time in a sportscentre and we have a car to pay for as well as a child. I don't understand people who can afford to go but don't as the feeling inside Ibrox in the build up to a game is the best feeling in the world. I took the wee man to Ibrox last week to get some photos (his mum supports Celtic and he has chosen the Rangers as his team yyyyaaaassss). I stood outside with him and had a lump in my throat about not being able to take him to the football and just can't beleive some people choose not to go. Rangers turns me into a kid again and nothing else in the world can do that to me at the age of 38 so come on bears get to the games if you can and back the boys in every game. Wee rant over.

Oh and I notice one of the chief moaners is the one who says he won't go to Europa League games

Fucking incredible state of affairs having a go at people who go to games which don't suit his ego

I said fuck the Europa League after we went out of the Champions League the other night.