Matt Mckay

Broxi1872

will he be able to get a work permit easily ????

From what I can remember, British work permit requires him to have played 70% of Australia's internationals in the current year to be considered.

Australia has played 8 matches since January 1st, 2011. He has played in all of them. :sherlock:

From what I can remember, British work permit requires him to have played 70% of Australia's internationals in the current year to be considered.

Australia has played 8 matches since January 1st, 2011. He has played in all of them. :sherlock:

Right mate lets cut to the chase. You do not support his club correct? IF your club were to sign him would you be happy and would he be straight into your starting 11?

I think it's over the last 2 years. How many games has he played since August 2009?

I support an A-League club lol! So he would easily get into our side!

However I am also Benfica fan who play in Portugal.

If he were to join us, it would be difficult. We've just spent 12 million euros on our already large pool of midfielders and he would be up against some pretty high profile players like Pablo Aimar, Axel Witsel, Nicolas Gaitan, Enzo Perez who are all internationals for their international sides, not to mention the plethora of Portuguese international midfielders we have along with them.

But would he look at of place here? I don't think he would look out of place at all, and at $500k he would be an absolute bargain compared to some of the money we've spent on other players. But for us, we have too many midfielders as it is. Ever since our reserve league closed down and was replaced by a "kiddies" league, it's pretty difficult to keep an entire squad fit and prepared over the season, especially ours since we have way too many players than we need.

I think it's over the last 2 years. How many games has he played since August 2009?

Ok.

Well since August 2009 he's played 13 times for Australia. Australia has played 25 matches. :ph34r: (14 in 26 if you include the Wales game on Wednesday)

Well, hopefully they look at the fact that he's currently a starting XI player for us and played such a key role at the Asian Cup. Players with less international experience for countries ranked lower than the the limit(70th in the FIFA Rankings is the restriction for British work permits in football) have managed to find ways to get a permit, he should be ok hopefully.

Ok.

Well since August 2009 he's played 13 times for Australia. Australia has played 25 matches. :ph34r:

Well, hopefully they look at the fact that he's currently a starting XI player for us and played such a key role at the Asian Cup. Players with less international experience for countries ranked lower than the the limit(70th in the FIFA Rankings is the restriction for British work permits in football) have managed to find ways to get a permit, he should be ok hopefully.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll get one on appeal. But meeting the 70% criterion would have meant he would get one instantly.

Cheers for the info by the way (tu)

Ok.

Well since August 2009 he's played 13 times for Australia. Australia has played 25 matches. :ph34r:

Seems you like McKay, I mean I suppose its like if Murray Davidson was signing for Brisbane Roar and we went over to their boards and gave them the lowdown etc.

Yer a good guy. (tu)

Gutted that we can't have him for Maribor. Saying that though - I wonder who our two new signings today will be now :D .

i think it will be juhasz only. Hopefully we can somehow snatch verhoek from forrest. If not then i dont think we will get another in by tonight

i think it will be juhasz only. Hopefully we can somehow snatch verhoek from forrest. If not then i dont think we will get another in by tonight

But..but... Ally said to the media we need 2?

Big Juhasz would be a great bit of business - I'm sure Ally wants to try 3 at the back with 2 wing backs like the Iron curtain days. Could be sensible in away OF games and European away games.

Thats some wee flick!

Guy seems the cutting edge we need in the final third.

From what i have seen of him - he seems very much in the Davis mould - only left footed - could bring a great balance to midfield....

...going out on a limb but i reckon this guy could be a superb player for us.