Matt Mckay

Broxi1872

Matt McKay will be a cheaper option than say a Wesley Verhoek or Roland Juhasz so I'm not surprised we after him - I don't see us making bigger signings but I'm willing to give Mr. Whyte until the end of the transfer window before questioning our transfer budget.

As for Matt McKay; I saw him a few times last season in the A-League which Sky Sports show. He had a pretty good game in the Grand Final vs Central Coast Mariners.

Looked a busy wee player, got about the park, quite nippy, decent passing ability... looked pretty comfortable on the ball and also prepared to put his foot in.

Matt McKay will be a cheaper option than say a Wesley Verhoek or Roland Juhasz so I'm not surprised we after him - I don't see us making bigger signings but I'm willing to give Mr. Whyte until the end of the transfer window before questioning our transfer budget.

As for Matt McKay; I saw him a few times last season in the A-League which Sky Sports show. He had a pretty good game in the Grand Final vs Central Coast Mariners.

Looked a busy wee player, got about the park, quite nippy, decent passing ability... looked pretty comfortable on the ball and also prepared to put his foot in.

Something badly needed currently.

We had some great wee lads out on the park yesterday.

They were under 12 though.

The guy with the mad hair looked brilliant.

was that the no 14? i thought that was a girl :disappointment: alcohol and distance played some part i must admit, but what a wee player

On paper, it's quite frightening to see a club like us after a 28-year old player who's played all his football in the A-League.

But, some players do develope at a slower rate than others, and numerous people on here seem to rate him so it could be a good signing.

Have never heard of the guy but he must have something in the locker if he is playing for the national side. Anyone heard if a fee is involved or if he is out of contract? Badly need competition in the midfield so definetly a postive sign (tu).

This signing has came completly out of the blue so hopefully Ally has another couple up his sleeve that have not been plastered over the papers for other clubs to jump in.

He's 28 and made his first international appearance five years ago. No point and trying to sugar coat the whole thing.

Got his chance in the Asian cup after Emerton got suspended for the QFs, did well and kept his place for the next two matches. Hardly call that a regular.

from what a lot of other people are saying on here, including the aussie that came on, he played really well in the Asian Cup and since then he's been given most games and has been picked before Emerton a few times since. The Asia Cup was this year! So there's hardly really been millions of games since to play any more than a few matches.

We shouldn't be writing a guy off just because he plays in the A-League. People on here are constantly complaining that Edu and McCulloch are poor and shouldn't be playing, from what I have heard about this guy, he seems that he could do a decent job here.