Will We See A Signing/ Signings For Europa Deadline

djbroxybear

With the deadline coming up for Europa league qualifier will we see quality added to the squad, or will we have the same squad that played against Malmo - Bougherra + Goian and Bartley.

We need to win this tie to get into Europa league group which would bring in some revenue. We have been linked with Juhasz and Verhoek with bids going into respective clubs, Davidson has had a bid going in for him, and now we are linked with an austrialian player Matty McKay left sided midfielder.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we not being a bit silly again signing a player that requires a work permit so close to the deadline? Uefa probably gave us the beneift of the doubt with Goian but I think it's being a bit risky doing it again. Unless we have had this deal wrapped up during the week and waiting for clearance tomorrow I don't see us bringing anyone in. Verhoek is cup tied so it seems that saga will continue on until another team outbids us and we lose out on what looks like a very good player.

Bedoya might be a wee surprise tomorrow but again he is another player that requires international clearance. I hope we have something up our sleeves but just don't see it. There will no excuse for not securing sufficient quality in time for the Europa League qualifier. It is plain for everyone to see that we do not have enough depth and quality in certain areas of the pitch.

Matt Mckay will sign tomorrow

Right, this is doing my tits in. I'm sure you're a very nice person and intelligent to boot, but how can you POSSIBLY see Rangers tying up a deal that quickly after how the deals have went this window?!

We may well sign this lad. It may also happen in a timely fashion, but how can there be bears out there who think all of a sudden we will start wrapping up transfer deals in a jiffy?

The same thing got on my nerves when asking about the Maribor result. How can some predict 5-0 results when Malmo got the better of us?!

The worst fans for it are the fucking tartan army. Whenever we draw to Faroe Islands or San Marino, they always predict 2 or 3 nil wins over the likes of Norway/Iceland etc in the next game.

I just think we are building ourselves up for dissapointment every time we go through this stuff. My opinion is, we will beat Maribor with a few bumps along the way and we'll sign a few new players but it'll take time and patience. That way, if it happens sooner than expected I get a nice pleasant surprise and if it doesn't happen I can say "I was patient and gave them time but now I'm raging."

Rant over.

Right, this is doing my tits in. I'm sure you're a very nice person and intelligent to boot, but how can you POSSIBLY see Rangers tying up a deal that quickly after how the deals have went this window?!

We may well sign this lad. It may also happen in a timely fashion, but how can there be bears out there who think all of a sudden we will start wrapping up transfer deals in a jiffy?

The same thing got on my nerves when asking about the Maribor result. How can some predict 5-0 results when Malmo got the better of us?!

The worst fans for it are the fucking tartan army. Whenever we draw to Faroe Islands or San Marino, they always predict 2 or 3 nil wins over the likes of Norway/Iceland etc in the next game.

I just think we are building ourselves up for dissapointment every time we go through this stuff. My opinion is, we will beat Maribor with a few bumps along the way and we'll sign a few new players but it'll take time and patience. That way, if it happens sooner than expected I get a nice pleasant surprise and if it doesn't happen I can say "I was patient and gave them time but now I'm raging."

Rant over.

a bit much :rolleyes:

McKay is like Ortiz IMO, only word is when he's practically signed. Reports say he's having a medical tomorrow, whether he is or not it seems like a fee has been agreed anyway. Also the deadline is tomorrow so we'll be pushing it through as well.

Malmo was a shock result and we didn't have a full squad for it. We would have went through if not for the red cards. We will beat Maribor IMO and so we should. It's called optimism and positivity. Try it sometime (tu):)

Listen we were promised ppl in before malmo and we got nothin. I don't understand how we thought we had enough in the squad to beat malmo but we don't have enough to be beat maribor?

Or maybe we just tried our luck to see how we would do and failed miserably :(