***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Our Midfield is an utter shambles now.

We have no one prepared to push us forward, and the dreaded partnership of McCulloch and Edu strikes back again.

This friendship with Jig will get Ally the sack.

McCulloch is finished.He is knackered.

Constantly passing side ways and never wanting to put the Ball in a forward position.

No tactical subs, and nothing to offer,Ally just sitting there, and Wallace at the goal,what was that about.

They totally switched off ,and their Ball boys where throwing the Ball back in to play quick all night.Rangers and Wallace should have been ready for this.

I would like to know what help Ally is getting from the rest of the Management team.

Last minute buys in the transfer market and lack of preparation,very very unprofessional from Rangers, and afraid to go and attack a Team who are going nowhere .

At least they pushed forward and attacked the second half.

We do have some problems, and if Ally doesn't sort it out he could be for the Heave.

Had time to calm down, but I am fuming and we better hammer this lot at Ibrox .

Where is he going to get it from? Bedoya and McKay plus a new striker or we are in big trouble.

Ness injured again? he is injury prone.

Hutton cannot be worse than an unfit McCulloch and a lack-lustre Davis and Edu and anyone is better than a left sided Ortiz.

Bedoya and McKay are not chance creating midfielders, they are more central midfielders, whos game is playing behind creative midfielders. Im not convinced Ness is injured tbh. i have saw more football from Hutton in fleeting appearances to say he would be a better option than Lee but i know Ally will play Lee at every opportunity and it will eventually cost him his job.

We badly badly need a quality partner for Jelavic, the best Mr Whytes money can buy!

Believe me m8, I'm not blind to that. And maybe he messes up because he has no belief in his team mates anymore, who knows? Still...he's a pro, and he's got to make those chances count, regardless of what's around him.

I said in the match thread, in fact i also said weeks ago, he looks pissed off, i would be too playing in that team up front myself with no help, support or service. Its a disgusting way to treat such a player.

I said in the match thread, in fact i also said weeks ago, he looks pissed off, i would be too playing in that team up front myself with no help, support or service. Its a disgusting way to treat such a player.

In my mind he does require support but that doesnt excuse some of the woeful finishing he showed against Malmo and tonight.

We have not learned our lesson from the Malmo tie. Once again we have shown an average team (at best) far too much respect & paid the price. At half time I said Maribor were there for the taking & we could finish the tie tonight if we went for it. Unfortunately the management team didn't see it the same way as me.

No doubt a lot of people will be of the opinion that we needed to bring in better quality players but in regards to this game I don't believe that should have been an issue as the players we have should be running over the top of teams like this.

We still have the potential to turn this tie around, especially with an away goal, however I am a little concerned that we will opt to sit in & try to sneak a goal which would be a poor approach.

I have no doubt we could batter this team if we played up to our potential, but from the coaching on down our team is a shambles right now. No tactics except pass back or lump and hope, no subs when they're needed, no self belief when defending, too much lazy play and two dods of useless wood that continue to get a game together, to the utter amazement of all that witness it. It doesn't have to be that way, yet we watch the same pish over and over again.

Those that won't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them, ad fucking nauseum.

In my mind he does require support but that doesnt excuse some of the woeful finishing he showed against Malmo and tonight.

His left foot fluff against Malmo was inexcusable and his right foot sclaff in the first half tonight was poor. He is struggling to hit the ball flush.

Exactly. McCoist's lack of authority is really starting to show. You wouldn't see players like Ortiz caaually strolling back to his own box when we are under severe pressure under Walter. You wouldn't see players like Whittaker getting the idea they can do what the fuck they want regardless of the consequences of his club (although is wages might have affected his attitude more than anything else.)

I am seriously worried with the lack of discipline in our team.

Lafferty just laughing at things ,Naismith looks as though he is ready to throw a wobbly, and Jelavic is even losing it.

Worried with Allys pally attitude, and his lack of coaching, and standard of discipline in the team.

This has to Be sorted out ASAP.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or brushed aside like the goal at home to Malmo.

For me a top quality goalkeeper should be saving that effort tonight.

Been saying it for years , the guys a good keeper , thats all , and for some on here to suggest he's better than Goram is bonkers ............

its looks like to me some players who played out their skin for the rangers last season are very low in confidence, or are unhappy with the way they are being managed some of them look almost disinterested jela, davis, and shagger all dont look like they are enjoying their football at the moment and it shows in their play something needs to change and it needs to change quick if ally is to keep his job ?

We were not good enough Ally looks clueless didn't know how to change the game second half, sticking with McCulloch and Edu in the Middle was a fucking embarrassment, playing Ortiz left wing again and creating nothing apart from goal. We sat back too deep defending you could see this 2nd rate pish team were going to score, how could Ally not see it coming he is out his depth.