Rangers Warn Clubs Off Lafferty

Broxi1872

Simply must carry on the form he showed during our title run in.

Failure to do so, and he should be sold. It's time for the injury-free, consistent performing Kyle Lafferty to step up!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What big games has he scored in? He's never scored against Celtic or in Europe. Look at the stick Boyd got for not scoring in Europe or against the Tims but he still got 20 a season minimum against the Mickey Mouse teams of the SPL. Lafferty isn't scoring in the big games nor is he scoring enough domestically. Yet people on here think "he scares defenses".

Wooah fuk boys, lafferty is in there starting eleven (defenders start to tremble with fear)....... i can just see it

What big games has he scored in? He's never scored against Celtic or in Europe. Look at the stick Boyd got for not scoring in Europe or against the Tims but he still got 20 a season minimum against the Mickey Mouse teams of the SPL. Lafferty isn't scoring in the big games nor is he scoring enough domestically. Yet people on here think "he scares defenses".

lafferty didnt leave rangers for money and also lafferty has had a hand in the last 3 seasons and what big games has he scored well the game in tannadice the 1st year we won the league 2nd year he won it at easter road and also he scored a hat-trick against killie

Well surely the last day games to win the League could be considered "big games" and tell me how many games against Celtic and in Europe has he started upfront ?!

I remember him starting upfront with Jelavic in the Cup Final and he gave them a torrid time.

Simply must carry on the form he showed during our title run in.

Failure to do so, and he should be sold. It's time for the injury-free, consistent performing Kyle Lafferty to step up!

..and play.

Even though big Lafferty has come good for us we still need another decent forward to partner jelavic and that would keep laffertys form up a good bit of competition for places makes every team play better week in week out (tu)

I remember him starting upfront with Jelavic in the Cup Final and he gave them a torrid time.

Lafferty's job during that Cup Final was to use his height against Izaguirre that was obvious. But it didn't work because Lafferty can't use his height even though he's such a big lad. Later on in the game when Naismith went out wide he gave Izaguirre a lot more problems. I wouldn't say that during the CIS Cup Final Lafferty gave Celtic a "torrid time". Final Old Firm game of the season Lafferty looked far more dangerous as he was played through the middle.

Also, if you remember, Boyd was almost always left out against European competition and Celtic yet people beat him with the stick that he never done it on those stages. Lafferty's been here for 3 years now. Rangers payed a lot of money for him. As Muff said earlier in this thread it's time for Lafferty to deliver throughout the season.

Late equalisier away to Dundee Utd in late 08, opening goal in the title deciding match in 09, title clinching goal away to Hibs in 2010, late equaliser away to Hearts in October 10, winner against Hearts in Feb 11, hatrick in the title deciding match against Kilmarnock in May 11. That's eight goals in "big games" straight off the top of my head. Europe and Celtic aren't the only "big" games that we play.

Considering we signed him as potential and he's become a better player every season since he joined us, I think he's proving the "morons" "experts" who continue to doubt him and berate him wrong and thankfully our management team aren't stupid enough to doubt him when it's blatantly obvious he's improving as a player.

I think it's embarrassing that we consider Lafferty to be an asset. Next it'll be hands off Edu and Broadfoot.

He has had moments of joyful above averageness bordering on almost wonderful, contrasted with huge wastelands of errant missery and gumptous bumkinism. He has been a joke for about 35% of his time with us and a hard worker for 45%, leaving the idea of cashing in big bucks for a guy on about 20% talent a very appetising prospect.

Hopefully he will stay and show us all the real Ulster Gazelle. I don't hold out that much hope.

Lafferty is an asset, he has won the league 3 years in a row. Scored crucial goals in the latter stages of the season when we really needed players to step up and play. An asset which the scum have clearly lacked, if Lafferty can produce the whole season we have a very good player on our hands.

The fact that a bundle of his goals last season led us to the title when the pressure was at the max!

Last season, he was unlucky not to score at Parkhead - diddy Loovens got the last touch.

And apart from that he never really featured in the OF games last year.

This will be Lafferty's season, I'm buzzing for his return.

If we want to scare teams away from Lafferty just show them some of his early Rangers form that would work better than a hands off warning.In all serious it has taken time for Kyle to show his potential and it would be daft to sell him now that he looks like he now be able to deliver the goods for us.

Late equalisier away to Dundee Utd in late 08, opening goal in the title deciding match in 09, title clinching goal away to Hibs in 2010, late equaliser away to Hearts in October 10, winner against Hearts in Feb 11, hatrick in the title deciding match against Kilmarnock in May 11. That's eight goals in "big games" straight off the top of my head. Europe and Celtic aren't the only "big" games that we play.

Like I said, only scores against the Mickey Mouse opposition of the SPL. If we want a player who can score hat-tricks against Kilmarnock we should just go get Kris Boyd back.

Like I said, only scores against the Mickey Mouse opposition of the SPL. If we want a player who can score hat-tricks against Kilmarnock we should just go get Kris Boyd back.

he plays in the SPL,so who else is he going to score against <cr>

do you think if a striker scores 4 or 5 goals a season against c***ic,he's a good striker?

you just say the opposite to everyone for the sake of arguing/attention seeking.

you think nothing through.

Lafferty's job during that Cup Final was to use his height against Izaguirre that was obvious. But it didn't work because Lafferty can't use his height even though he's such a big lad. Later on in the game when Naismith went out wide he gave Izaguirre a lot more problems. I wouldn't say that during the CIS Cup Final Lafferty gave Celtic a "torrid time". Final Old Firm game of the season Lafferty looked far more dangerous as he was played through the middle.

Also, if you remember, Boyd was almost always left out against European competition and Celtic yet people beat him with the stick that he never done it on those stages. Lafferty's been here for 3 years now. Rangers payed a lot of money for him. As Muff said earlier in this thread it's time for Lafferty to deliver throughout the season.

Wtf :lol:

He was better in the game he missed a sitter in and as a team we didnt play that great in ? he caused Celtic allsorts of problems in that game and Naismith started out wide so enough of yer pish.

The fact that a bundle of his goals last season led us to the title when the pressure was at the max!

Everyone who plays for Rangers is under constant pressure to perform and win every game. Every goal scored over the course of a season is just as important as another. Without the rest of the Rangers team the league would have already been over long before Lafferty hit a purple patch after the split. Edu scored an important goal against Celtic a few years back in a high pressure match does that mean he's above criticism when he's playing like shit for months on end?

Last season, he was unlucky not to score at Parkhead - diddy Loovens got the last touch.

Skip to about 2:20 in the video below. Without Loovens touch the ball rolls harmlessly wide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsJIqZVm_8&feature=related

And apart from that he never really featured in the OF games last year.

He played during the 3-1 game at Parkhead, the CIS Cup final, he was also on the park for the last Old Firm derby of the season, any others? I don't know if I'd call that "never really featured in the OF games".

This will be Lafferty's season

Well I would hope so. We paid £3.25m for him and it's been 3 years. By this time I thought he might have scored against the Tims, in Europe, or managed more than 11 league goals in a single season.

He was better in the game he missed a sitter in and as a team we didnt play that great in ? he caused Celtic allsorts of problems in that game and Naismith started out wide so enough of yer pish.

Yes he did miss a sitter in that last Old Firm derby. I disagree about the Cup Final, Lafferty was to use his height against Izaguirre and it didn't work. He didn't cause them "all sorts of problems" as far as I remember.