Cuellar Deal Dead

G.E.C.

Rangers have given up on luring former defender Carlos Cuellar back to Ibrox from Aston Villa.

The clubs agreed a fee of around £2m for the 29-year-old but concerns over the Spaniard's fitness have derailed the proposed transfer.

"We will not be making a move for him before the transfer window closes," director of football Gordon Smith told BBC Radio Scotland.

"The problem was we were waiting to see what his injury situation was."

Didn't see him coming in all honesty.

Hopefully the £2m can be used for the Hungarian and to get Bedoya.

U's seriously think that will mean 2mil in extra money? Hahahaha, I wish! I doubt we will be going for Juhasz, it will be Wilson on loan. FRUSTRATED!

Why would we not get the 2m from this deal?

It was already out the budget of the hungarian guys deal. I would take wilson on loan & go for a striker

Why would we not get the 2m from this deal?

It was already out the budget of the hungarian guys deal. I would take wilson on loan & go for a striker

Because I don't think we will see that money. If we were going to get Wilson and a striker at 3 mil then I would be all for it.

Would it not have been a better idea to decide not to purchase an injured player before offering for him?

So many questions and things that do not make sense. Not just with this transfer but our overall dealings this summer. Who know what is going on!

Absolutely no suprise whatsoever, have been waiting for it to fall through for weeks tbh. Still need two centre halfs of quality with bids for the King and Juhacz(sp) finished i fully expect 2 alternatives of similar stature and quality to come in, and soon!

We need to move on and quick.

Not surprised and I'm not bothered at all. Carlos Cuellar is injured, we cannot afford to spend money on players who are not fit and available.

Let's see how he comes back once fully fit, then if still available, healthy and on form, make a move for him.

Now to focus on other players!