My Concern

Davie2909

Silly thread if you think about t, you are saying you dont believe he has the money and yet on the other had yopu are saying he bid 6.4 Million for three players, is that not proof that he is willing to spend? What would he have done if they had all excepted the bids?

He bid £3m for Juhasz when £3.5m would have won it

He bid £1.5m for Verboek when £2m would have done

Listening to DJ last night he seemed to be of the impression it was only bluster as to get these players they only had to up bids by buttons(in footballing terms)..

Had we done that and with Goodwillie we would be playing CL fitba tonight and not Europa league tomorrow.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to DJ last night he seemed to be of the impression it was only bluster as to get these players they only had to up bids by buttons(in footballing terms)..

Had we done that and with Goodwillie we would be playing CL fitba tonight and not Europa league tomorrow.

Re Goodwillie did he not state in an interview last week, the EPL was the only place that he was interested in? And as for DJ well nuff said.

As i always thought would happen.

Even when the Charlatan and Asset Stripper is no longer he still gets a better ride than our current owner.

I am more than prepared to give Craig Whyte as much time as he requires to fully get to grips with the mess he has inherited. To come good on the promises he made.

It will take months if not years to rectify the damage Murray did to Rangers.

I am also pleased that the wine grower has gone, have never liked him , yes even through all the big buys, loved the players but questioned as to when the ferryman has to be paid.

The wine grower ended up with a knighthood through his connection to RANGERS and although have said on another topic , that I am concerned as to the way transfers have been going , like Adoniram I will stick with Whyte and wait and see what happens. Jees giys at the very last minute of his purchase of the club, up pops this £2.8m tax demand and now a further penalty. What else can be hiding in the cupboards

Re Goodwillie did he not state in an interview last week, the EPL was the only place that he was interested in? And as for DJ well nuff said.

All players say that when they move somewhere..canny say after signing for Blackburn" a really wanted to go to Rangers but this will dae".

Incidently i heard Blackburn have made moves for Raul and Yakubu so he'll no get a game now.

DJ is very good friends with Ally and is more in the know than he gets credit for.At this moment i'd trust him over Whyte

Even when the Charlatan and Asset Stripper is no longer he still gets a better ride than our current owner.

I am more than prepared to give Craig Whyte as much time as he requires to fully get to grips with the mess he has inherited. To come good on the promises he made.

Murray was terrible for Rangers but his successor has hardly impressed in his dealings since taking over. Some things will take years to put right but the playing squad can't be one of them. A total lack of urgency and his inability to understand the marketplace has contributed to our CL exit and all the disadvantages that will bring.

All players say that when they move somewhere..canny say after signing for Blackburn" a really wanted to go to Rangers but this will dae".

Incidently i heard Blackburn have made moves for Raul and Yakubu so he'll no get a game now.

DJ is very good friends with Ally and is more in the know than he gets credit for.At this moment i'd trust him over Whyte

Would never trust him, no matter who he knows, just a personal opinion.

Murray was terrible for Rangers but his successor has hardly impressed in his dealings since taking over. Some things will take years to put right but the playing squad can't be one of them. A total lack of urgency and his inability to understand the marketplace has contributed to our CL exit and all the disadvantages that will bring.

Sorry but i disagree completely. How can Whyte be held responsible for players choosing not to come to Rangers.

For players getting sent off in important games

For missing sitters in important games.

For the manager setting up his team and tactics all wrong then refusing to change them until injury forced him to.

Whyte sanctioned new deals for our key players.

He has taken us out of the clutches of the bank.

He has taken the BBC and the Daily Record to task about their lies and reporting styles.

He has engaged with the fans working groups and is actively encouraging dialogue between all parties.

Some people think he should just give in and pay whatever a selling club asks for their players and for once an owner is being sensible with the limited cash at our disposal.

And if you want to look deeper in to our transfer dealings point the finger at Ali Russell,Andrew Dickson and Gordon Smith.

If goodwillie wanted to be a Rangers player he would have been one, simples.

Sorry but i disagree completely. How can Whyte be held responsible for players choosing not to come to Rangers.

For the manager setting up his team and tactics all wrong then refusing to change them until injury forced him to.

He has taken the BBC and the Daily Record to task about their lies and reporting styles.

He has engaged with the fans working groups and is actively encouraging dialogue between all parties.

Some people think he should just give in and pay whatever a selling club asks for their players and for once an owner is being sensible with the limited cash at our disposal.

And if you want to look deeper in to our transfer dealings point the finger at Ali Russell,Andrew Dickson and Gordon Smith.

Really well said :clap:(tu)

Everyone's at fault except the man who calls all the shots? Considering your earlier remarks regarding Murray, that seems a tad hypocritical, don't you think?

Nowhere have I said that he alone was to blame for what happened, indeed I have been lambasted for being critical about many of the others, but the buck stops with him as it did with Murray.

As for Russell, Dickson and Smith, why does it now take three people to do the job that Bain used to be tasked with, but without any recognisable improvement?

Smith was pretty revealing in his comments regarding how business (and by whom) on the Radio Scotland interview at the weekend. Changes afoot by the sound of it (tu)

Everyone's at fault except the man who calls all the shots? Considering your earlier remarks regarding Murray, that seems a tad hypocritical, don't you think?

Nowhere have I said that he alone was to blame for what happened, indeed I have been lambasted for being critical about many of the others, but the buck stops with him as it did with Murray.

As for Russell, Dickson and Smith, why does it now take three people to do the job that Bain used to be tasked with, but without any recognisable improvement?

Ultimately he will be judged on what he delivers from the promises he makes but to do so after 3 months is incredibly harsh.

As for the 3 in to 1 scenario i would say that it is hardly anything to gloat about given Bain's terrible record of negotiations.

To me it seems Ali Russell is the main point of contact as he was the one mentioned by that prick Thompson during the Goodwillie saga. Dickson is more of an administrator and Smith is the voice or face of Rangers who talks to the fans and the media about our signings or potential signings.

Mistakes are inevitably going to be made by all of these people including the manager. For me it's not making a mistake that is the problem...after all to err is only human. It's whether you learn from them and not repeat them that is more important wouldn't you agree Casey?

Ultimately he will be judged on what he delivers from the promises he makes but to do so after 3 months is incredibly harsh.

As for the 3 in to 1 scenario i would say that it is hardly anything to gloat about given Bain's terrible record of negotiations.

To me it seems Ali Russell is the main point of contact as he was the one mentioned by that prick Thompson during the Goodwillie saga. Dickson is more of an administrator and Smith is the voice or face of Rangers who talks to the fans and the media about our signings or potential signings.

Mistakes are inevitably going to be made by all of these people including the manager. For me it's not making a mistake that is the problem...after all to err is only human. It's whether you learn from them and not repeat them that is more important wouldn't you agree Casey?

Kaunas and Malmo?

years and years mate. not least of all to sort out the neglect of our youth system of late. something smudger will need to work very very hard on.

Kaunas and Malmo?

Two different managers and squads of players is the only counter argument.

If however it was the same manager,same tactics and same players you would then have a case for the prosecution.

What i am basically meaning is that i hope McCoist has learned already the lessons from his mistakes and i would hope the players would too.

You should be glad that Whyte bought our club as i dread to think the mess we would be in if left with moonbeams. As for Johnston what did he bring to the table, some of the old board were not to be trusted and tried to cover up the mess we were in. All i say is give Whyte a chance to see what he will bring to the table. To be honest can he be any worse that Murray who nearly destroyed our club, plus tried to eradicate our traditions and encouraged fellow bears to grass on each other for singing in his eyes bad songs.

Its a fair point there Minst , but all the same I have never known our transfer dealings to be quite so public , Having had the The rangers FC group circular to shareholders that also dint fill me with assurance . but I have said all along i have no experience as a fan / shareholder dealing with Mr Whyte but My Concern is his Junior partner Ellis who was shambolic down here at Northampton Town , however we will wait till the closure of the window and then we can form some shaped opinions , I just hope Whyte is hanging Ally out to dry .

Its a fair point there Minst , but all the same I have never known our transfer dealings to be quite so public , Having had the The rangers FC group circular to shareholders that also dint fill me with assurance . but I have said all along i have no experience as a fan / shareholder dealing with Mr Whyte but My Concern is his Junior partner Ellis who was shambolic down here at Northampton Town , however we will wait till the closure of the window and then we can form some shaped opinions , I just hope Whyte is hanging Ally out to dry .

The other side to that is why all of a sudden are they so public?

Is it because the people entrusted with negotiations are so naive that they are talking about them prematurely or are agents and players maybe taking advantage of the fact they are new to this game and are leaking the information unnecessarily?

I would only mildly criticise them for being so honest which ironically we the fans always wanted their predecessors to be.

smith does things bain never though and wasnt dickinson there with bain?

Two different managers and squads of players is the only counter argument.

If however it was the same manager,same tactics and same players you would then have a case for the prosecution.

What i am basically meaning is that i hope McCoist has learned already the lessons from his mistakes and i would hope the players would too.

Ally was there, he coached through it, he should have learned from it, indeed he even spoke in public of learning from it.

Was almost same tactics in that the players were not up for the tie.

Is it not upto the coaches to teach the players out of their mistakes though, as a team?

I certainly would agree with that, however........McCoist was at pains to assure everyone that the mistakes of Kaunas would not be repeated this season.........the various transfer sagas have followed a similar path......the world and his dog can see that the McCulloch/Edu combo just doesn't work.......Ortiz is not a left mid........Naismith is not a suitable partner for Jelavic......etc etc.

I certainly would agree with that, however........McCoist was at pains to assure everyone that the mistakes of Kaunas would not be repeated this season.........the various transfer sagas have followed a similar path......the world and his dog can see that the McCulloch/Edu combo just doesn't work.......Ortiz is not a left mid........Naismith is not a suitable partner for Jelavic......etc etc.

Not that it is a case for the defence but he has precious little options to change things given the amount of players out.

I would agree though that the Edu/McCulloch partnership should be jettisoned forever and he is doing Ortiz no favours at all with the fans by playing him in a position that exploits his weaknesses rather than playing to his strengths.