My Concern

Davie2909

Of course not but my respect and liking for Mr Whyte will diminish rapidly if he has beening lying to us since taking over. He painted a very rosy picture when he took over.

Wouldn't be a great start to his tenure,if when the window closes he hasnt dipped into his pocket with the £ he promised,ive also heard the usual murmurings that he doesnt fancy McCoist as manager and thats the reason he aint backing him.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be a great start to his tenure,if when the window closes he hasnt dipped into his pocket with the £ he promised,ive also heard the usual murmurings that he doesnt fancy McCoist as manager and thats the reason he aint backing him.

Not far off the mark and the feeling is mutual.

Not far off the mark and the feeling is mutual.

I know they have had heated words already,which doesnt bode well for the future,apparently it will get looked at again come Xmas time,and the Billy Davies rumour wont go away,dont think it would be in Whytes best interest to sack the Greatest striker in the clubs history if we are still sitting top of league then,the fans would be right on his case.

Allys start has been poor to say the least, poor planning, lack of change, resigning poor players and strange team selections again(sound familiar?). Mr Whyte has not really put a foot wrong yet tbh. The owner calls the shots, its his club now and Ally was not his man. In saying that, he is playing around with our clubs fortunes and reputation if he is playing they games!

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill for a couple of weeks, till end of month. I dont think for one moment Craig Whyte doesnt know he is in for a slating if he doesnt deliver, and I think he will...

The problem seems to be we have Businessmen running Rangers at the moment, and football clubs are run different to businesses, and maybe we are seeing that at the moment, which to be honest might not be a bad thing !! ! Although I do believe its strange Gordon Smith isnt negotiating deals as he was an Agent.

I would HATE the idea of us buying people who werent first choice, just to spend the money, and hopefully that wont happen, the whole transfer market seems to open up when the EPL annouce their squads so time to give the club a bit of time, things are happening and I reckon the future is gony be bright orange.

I know they have had heated words already,which doesnt bode well for the future,apparently it will get looked at again come Xmas time,and the Billy Davies rumour wont go away,dont think it would be in Whytes best interest to sack the Greatest striker in the clubs history if we are still sitting top of league then,the fans would be right on his case.

Filthy Phil has already said Ally will be out by Xmas, not that that matters but i would hate him to be right on such a huge thing for our club. :(

He may not have to sack him.

Heard that as well.

I know thats just basically an unsubstantiated rumour, but it is a point I've wondered about myself. Maybe Whyte just really doesn't trust McCoist this early and therefore doesn't want to give him too much cash to blow that may well be needed by a new manager, say in January. There were murmurings way back when that Whyte planned to bring in Hitzfeld as manager, again unsubstantiated rumours but would be interesting to see of our transfer dealings this summer would have been any different with someone other than McCoist at the helm.

Filthy Phil has already said Ally will be out by Xmas, not that that matters but i would hate him to be right on such a huge thing for our club. :(

Another thing with Ally is, when he was a player and banging in barrowloads, he was the most critised player ever by the fans, I used to go to games, i think was Hearts away one year, he missed about 8 chances, then scored 3 and the fans were goin aff their nut with him still, really hope the fans back him as a manager, but he'll become an easy target.....

CWOOD i too have heard everything your saying above, and hope its just scaremongering.. results bring smiley faces !

These rumours about not being keen on McCoist, wanting his own manager in the door, etc. I'm sorry but I don't believe them !!!

No disrespect, but Whyte's just in the door - what does he know football management or even football in general. Over time he will learn, seek advice and make decisions when required. but not 3 months into his ownership.

I know thats just basically an unsubstantiated rumour, but it is a point I've wondered about myself. Maybe Whyte just really doesn't trust McCoist this early and therefore doesn't want to give him too much cash to blow that may well be needed by a new manager, say in January. There were murmurings way back when that Whyte planned to bring in Hitzfeld as manager, again unsubstantiated rumours but would be interesting to see of our transfer dealings this summer would have been any different with someone other than McCoist at the helm.

If McCoist is having a tough time by Xmas and the results aren't goin well for him,the fans will criticise the new owner for not backing him in the transfer market to get the targets he wanted,McCoist will still be wearing his halo no matter what happens,that was the only reservation i had of him taking over,that his reputation might get tarnished with the fans.

He may not have to sack him.

You know what the worst thing Adoniram is the fact that there have been murmurings from Murray park linking Billy Davies with us and that is no good for anyone. Surely to fuck if the manager wasnt wanted instead of bitching it should have been changed?

Tbh i don't believe the stories and i think its shit stirring. Ally has hinted in interviews he knows of some rumours but surley they need to clear the air. I wonder if it was ever true that we were looking to Hitszfeld

Do you think the owner has the millions he promised caseyjones?

I don't think he promised any more than five million per season for transfers. Some people have taken that to mean that he was going to add that to club funds from his own pocket. That appears not to be the case.

You know what the worst thing Adoniram is the fact that there have been murmurings from Murray park linking Billy Davies with us and that is no good for anyone. Surely to fuck if the manager wasnt wanted instead of bitching it should have been changed?

Tbh i don't believe the stories and i think its shit stirring. Ally has hinted in interviews he knows of some rumours but surley they need to clear the air. I wonder if it was ever true that we were looking to Hitszfeld

Are the murmurings fact as you say?

Billy Davies...no thanks. If Whyte has ambitions for our club then we have to aim way higher.

And i'll stick my neck out here and say it isn't shit stirring sadly. Don't like putting things like this on an open board so i'll leave it at that.

Final word is i only hope it works out over time and that all parties including the fans stick together for 4 in a row.

Another thing with Ally is, when he was a player and banging in barrowloads, he was the most critised player ever by the fans, I used to go to games, i think was Hearts away one year, he missed about 8 chances, then scored 3 and the fans were goin aff their nut with him still, really hope the fans back him as a manager, but he'll become an easy target.....

CWOOD i too have heard everything your saying above, and hope its just scaremongering.. results bring smiley faces !

I grew up right through Allys career from a wee lad in EK to knocking us back to signing for us and becoming a legend, i remember well the abuse he took. Our fans are ruthless.

I don't think he promised any more than five million per season for transfers. Some people have taken that to mean that he was going to add that to club funds from his own pocket. That appears not to be the case.

He actually stated "player investment" - which could include new improved contracts, again not needing to be paid from his own pocket.

Five million for Ally to spend and more would be front ended if Ally needed it. Thats what he said. That was excluding any player sales too which was also to go to the manager. Right now he falling way short of that promise but we do have a few weeks left of the window and a full January window to go, so we shall see.

Billy Davies...no thanks. If Whyte has ambitions for our club then we have to aim way higher.

And i'll stick my neck out here and say it isn't shit stirring sadly. Don't like putting things like this on an open board so i'll leave it at that.

Final word is i only hope it works out over time and that all parties including the fans stick together for 4 in a row.

He is a greetin faced cnut

He actually stated "player investment" - which could include new improved contracts, again not needing to be paid from his own pocket.

Exactly. It's all down to interpretation and cleverly worded statements. Murray was a master at it and it would seem that many have failed to learn their lesson.

If we're lucky with injuries, I still think this squad is good enough to win the league.

I'm in the mindset of not expecting one other player to arrive through the Ibrox doors in this transfer window, so anything is an absolute bonus!