Your Lifetime 11?

ready1873

Who would feature in an 11 based purely on players who you have watched playing in your lifetime and remember being amazed by?

I would go with:

---Ronaldo[bRA] Batistuta

-----------Zidane

-------Figo Messi

------------Pirlo

Maldini Desailly Thuram Zanetti

------------Buffon

Team is jizz-worthy.

Everytime I try this, half my team turns out to be Italian. Changed it a little, go with:

Casillas

Cafu Cannavaro Puyol Maldini

Figo Zidane Xavi Messi

Totti

Ronaldo

Honourable mentions to Raul, Rui Costa, Lizarazu, Sagnol, Khan and Rivaldo.

Khan

Cafu Stam Maldini Roberto Carlos

Makelele

Zidane Xavi

Messi C.Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Had to put Maldini to CB just to accomodate Carlos who was one of my idols. Put Ronaldo in ahead of Henry simply because I had that horrific fringe he sported in the '02 world cup. :disappointment:

EDIT: Xavi ahead of Scholes all day long!

Schemichael

Cannavaro... Nesta... Staam

Beckham... Zidane... Xavi... Scholes... Messi

Henry... C.Ronaldo...

My youngest memories are of the man utd - juve battles in the c.l of champions league in the late 90's so dont remember much. Del Piero and Giggs etc... Ive went for more recent. Had Iniesta bad swapped him for Scholes. Havent included my 2 favourite mon gers in Gerrard or Torres

Schmeichel (greatest 'keeper ever, imho)

Zanetti

Baresi (just caught the tail end of his career, but he was still amazing)

Stam

Maldini

Laudrup (not just cos I want at least one bear in my team, but he always had me giving it :drool: )

Scholes

Dunga

Giggs

Fat Ronaldo

Batigol

That's some team, even if I do say so myself.

This is extremely comical coming from the guy who has David Beckham in his team. Fuck me! :lol:

What's up with Lucio? Been a fantastic defender for 10+ years and will play on for more at the top level. Over 100 caps for Brazil whilst he has been a rock for Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. In Leverkusen's run to the CL in 2002 he was absolutely outstanding.

Are you honestly questioning David Villa? Seriously? Name me another striker who has scored over 20 goals per season, 10 years running, at the top level. This guy has been top scorer at World Cup's and European Championships and Spain's all time record goalscorer. Not only does he score regular but he provides goals and is one the most underrated players in football over the last few seasons. People like yourself cream over the likes of Gerrard, Beckham and Torres whey Villa is far superior.

Both easily deserve their place above someone like David Beckham!

You have a serious dislike for the EPL or so it seems anyway.

Villa's record is good yes, but Henry, Romario, Ronaldinho to name but 3 would be a far more suitable choice?

Lucio is a weird one also when you consider the legendary centre backs you could have had.

Im not slagging, everybody has their own favourites, thats why I mentioned Beckham. He is a fantastic all round player, he has got it all really. World class player for the 2 most succesful teams of his peak time? Fantastic leader, all the top attributes, one of englands most capped players... To totally dismiss him is not doing justice to your quite good football knowledge.

Kahn

Cafu Baresi Desailly Maldini

Messi Matthaus Gullit Nedved

Van Basten (Real) Ronaldo

There are so many to chose from. Xavi, Iniesta, Weah, Giggs, Laudrup, Gazza, Beckham, Cr Ronaldo, Inzaghi.

I'd say Nedved is the only one I could possibly change for maybe Rivaldo or Ronaldinho. Otherwise pretty solid!