Tom Hateley

Dennis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same people saying he's not good enough are probably the same people that said Wallace was shite and not good enough for the rangers .

Well guess what , at this moment in time the better players in the spl are the level we are dealing in and IMO tom falls into that cattegory .

He's been a very consistent performer for well and has improved season on season . He can play a number of positions , and play them all equally well .

He may not be a spectacular player or the marquee signing we all crave but if broadfoot was to be moved on I'd be more than happy to turn to this lad as a replacement .

We should inquire into loaning him out for set-pieces.

His corners today were brilliant and put McGregor under real pressure. His whole game has improved and I think he'd be a decent signing - he's ready to step up and play....... :crabflute:

Not a world-beater by any means, we can't afford them, but as far as the Premier League goes he's probably as good as it gets.

It's a "YES" from me.

I was thinking this during the game. He has an excellent delivery from set pieces. Almost all of his corners put us under pressure. Would be a good addition to the squad, can play at right back or central midfield. I dont think Motherwell could really demand much more than £500k to be honest. Worth a punt in my opinion.

Think he would be an adquite squad player and in a year or 2 he will improve so for me it would be a good buy, one for the future mabye

Anybody any ideas how much it would take for motherwell to part with him? The old famous 400,000 if thats the kind of money were talking i dont think that is too mch of a gamble

He's not very good in all honesty. May hit a decent dead ball but so does Charlie Mulgrew.

Bit harsh.

Right now he's better than McMillan, Cole, Little, Foster and Broadfoot who have all been given a crack at Right Back in recent years.

He's also a much better all-rounder than Mulgrew and seems to be improving every time I see him play. I reckon he'll be a Rangers player soon.

Did I imagine it, or was there a chorus of "Hateley, Hateley geez the sash" today? I might have imagined it, but there was definitely a chant which sounded like it.

Edit :- I missed the post above, asking the same question.

Was he ever at Rangers as a boy? If not why not? I think he is turning out to be a cracking wee player that can deliver dead balls really well. He's filled out quite a bit as well this year, and looks solid when tackling. Would it be worth a wee punt on him just now, while he still maturing? Thoughts?

I agree. Improving all the time.

Think he would be an adquite squad player and in a year or 2 he will improve so for me it would be a good buy, one for the future mabye

Anybody any ideas how much it would take for motherwell to part with him? The old famous 400,000 if thats the kind of money were talking i dont think that is too mch of a gamble

That is a very relevant comment. He would be a squad player and I'm not sure he - or indeed his dad - would fancy that. He wants to play in every game and he would not continue to develop as a player with the odd appearance. Let's keep him on our radar and who knows he might be one for the January window or for next season. Stuart will look after him at Motherwell.

The same people saying he's not good enough are probably the same people that said Wallace was shite and not good enough for the rangers .

Well guess what , at this moment in time the better players in the spl are the level we are dealing in and IMO tom falls into that cattegory .

He's been a very consistent performer for well and has improved season on season . He can play a number of positions , and play them all equally well .

He may not be a spectacular player or the marquee signing we all crave but if broadfoot was to be moved on I'd be more than happy to turn to this lad as a replacement .

Have to say I agree with all this and if a squad player like Broadfoot left we could do worse than Hateley.

Could only get better at us and as said, possibly a better option than Whittaker or Broadfoot. Personally feel McMillan should get a run at RB now though after today, much more solid defensively than Whittaker and alot more mobile than Broadfoot who I can't wait to see the back of!

he's certainly a better option than broadfoot and whittaker, but mcmillan deserves a chance imo, especially after todays performance (tu)

aye, great performance from him. Cole deserves a chance as well. We seem to be well covered for defenders, thought Perry was excellent today as well. We really need a box to box midfielder though. Motherwell had far too much of the ball today, we needed someone to fill the gap between defence and midfield today, if we were playing celtic today, they would have torn us apart in the midfield.

aye, great performance from him. Cole deserves a chance as well. We seem to be well covered for defenders, thought Perry was excellent today as well. We really need a box to box midfielder though. Motherwell had far too much of the ball today, we needed someone to fill the gap between defence and midfield today, if we were playing celtic today, they would have torn us apart in the midfield.

I think that with the right training, Hutton could turn out to be a powerhouse for us in midfield.