Im Going To Kiev ... But It Should Be Ibrox

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Weiss has some talent but he was seriously inconsistent.

In the SPL last season, in games where he played at least 20 minutes, he delivered a goal or an assist in 35% of games. None of these goals or assists came against top 6 clubs (he got 1 against Killie as a late sub in his last game) and if you took Motherwell out of the league, he wouldn't look any good at all. He completely destroyed Motherwell.

If we spent 3M on him it would be on potential, not current ability to deliver. Not sure we could afford that much of a gamble.

"Am I disappointed with Ally? I am a little bit, yeah. I think he could've done more to try and get me. When I was leaving the club in the summer he told me to my face he wanted to buy me.

Weiss rapped: "I don't think money has anything to do with it. It's not the reason. Ally spent money on the player Ortiz. I've only seen him play one game but if he's happy with him then okay, that's up to him.

"Listen, someone told me Ally said I didn't have an end product. I'm not going to say who told me, but they told me.

Oh dear. Bitching about McCoist and Ortiz is hardly going to forward his case - he sound very precious indeed.

£3m is a lot for a player who is inconsistent, and exciting as he can be, I'm sure McCoist will want more than inconsistency. Not that it matters now it seems after Weiss chucked the toys oot that pram.

Does anyone remember Laudrups quiet games for Rangers ? There was plenty of them.

Weiss had the fans buzzing. We moan about all the cloggers in Scottish football and how its become boring yet here we have a guy who tried stuff, who took people on, who had that extra bit of skill that made the £25 worthwhile and people are saying NAH.

Fuk me.

How many wingers anywhere have a 1 goal in 3 starts in their Domestic League

How can anyone accuse him of being missing most games when he set up or scored nearly 20% of all our SPL goals despite starting less than half of the games.

And how can anyone forget THAT pass which not only was probably the single best pass from a Rangers players in many years, but also resulted in what I BELIEVE to be the springboard to us winning the league last year.

I genuinely believe if we had lost the CIS Cup, we wouldnt have won the league.

It has nothing to do with his LOVE of Rangers, though that helps, but the guy wants to be here and he bloody well should be.

Weiss > Wylde

Weiss > Ortiz

Weiss > Anybody we have played out wide since Neil McCann

Get him fukkin signed Whyte and stop pissing about ffs.

Weiss is by far a better option than anything we have! Ah well, another quality player who actually wanted to come slips away.

Not sure about the bold bit? As far as goals and assists go, he contributed less in the league last season than Naismith, Lafferty and Jelavic. I wouldn't want him taking Naismith's place on the right and not sure we is worth 3M and 15K a week more than Wylde on the left.

So Many people saying inconsistent, not worth £4 mil, not that good.

You really really have no idea about football. Seriously

Weiss was the most skillful talent I have seen in our Shyte league in about the last 5 years

Coached properly ( albeit I wouldn't trust our coaches) he could of been a legend for us .

Whyte extra funds my arse. We've signed 7 players and spent about £1 mil

ally wants to make his own stamp on the team with his own signings. i wanted vlad back but ally clearly doesnt, i feel vlad should have kept his mouth shut instead of aiming a parting shot at ally.

By going after Cuellar and Miller?

So Many people saying inconsistent, not worth £4 mil, not that good.

You really really have no idea about football. Seriously

Weiss was the most skillful talent I have seen in our Shyte league in about the last 5 years

Coached properly ( albeit I wouldn't trust our coaches) he could of been a legend for us .

Whyte extra funds my arse. We've signed 7 players and spent about £1 mil

What a load of pish.

He wasn't even the best loan signing last year never mind anything else. We'll see where Vlad ends up in his career then Kyle Bartley.

Also, Adam Johnson sucks cocks.

From Andrew Dickson of Rangers Media and TV:

I've had a few tweets about Weiss & #Rangers not buying him. Plain & simply, I don't think they would have been willing to pay £4m for him

Disappointing comments from Vlad in press today tbh, he knows it's not as simple as just buying him, his wage demands would have been v high.

As always, #Rangers must live within their means & they won't pay over the odds for anyone. Weiss was good but not a £4m player in my eyes.

Wish him all the best at Kiev though. Think he's better than that & sincerely hope he does well enough to get move back to the big time

Does anyone remember Laudrups quiet games for Rangers ? There was plenty of them.

Weiss had the fans buzzing. We moan about all the cloggers in Scottish football and how its become boring yet here we have a guy who tried stuff, who took people on, who had that extra bit of skill that made the £25 worthwhile and people are saying NAH.

Fuk me.

How many wingers anywhere have a 1 goal in 3 starts in their Domestic League

How can anyone accuse him of being missing most games when he set up or scored nearly 20% of all our SPL goals despite starting less than half of the games.

And how can anyone forget THAT pass which not only was probably the single best pass from a Rangers players in many years, but also resulted in what I BELIEVE to be the springboard to us winning the league last year.

I genuinely believe if we had lost the CIS Cup, we wouldnt have won the league.

It has nothing to do with his LOVE of Rangers, though that helps, but the guy wants to be here and he bloody well should be.

Weiss > Wylde

Weiss > Ortiz

Weiss > Anybody we have played out wide since Neil McCann

Get him fukkin signed Whyte and stop pissing about ffs.

Just to be picky, he contributed 15%, not 20%, of the assists and goals in the SPL.

All of his goals and assists, except 1, came in 7 games against Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hamilton: the teams that came 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th. He is the Kris Boyd of wingers.

Wylde, by the way, contributed 5 assists in 9 starts. Mostly after the split.

Weiss has potential but he's really not needed so much that we should risk 3M. He's not showing much maturity either.

Tbh he comes across as a bit of a cock in that interview and also a disrespectful little shite!

We cant afford £4million then the 30 odd k a week you would want on top of it. Stop bumming yerself up and go prove how good you are at Kiev.

Mclachlan good to see only you know about football on here. Thank fuck as without your wisdom we would be lost

Just to be picky, he contributed 15%, not 20%, of the assists and goals in the SPL.

All of his goals and assists, except 1, came in 7 games against Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hamilton: the teams that came 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th. He is the Kris Boyd of wingers.

Weiss has potential but he's really not needed so much that we should risk 3M. He's not showing much maturity either.

Indeed as we are using stats mate, you could turn this round and say that Wylde given less games is the best winger this "shyte" leauge has ever seen in 5 years or so :wink:

Sounds to me the wee man is dissapointed he loves the club and wanted to come back, if true Ally told him he wanted to buy him.

I would say Whyte is not going to sanction the money to get him even if Ally wanted him.

£4million quid for him, maybe a half a million signing on fee puts it to 4.5 right away! 30k p/w over 4 years brings the total deal to around 11 million quid! Is Weiss really worth that?

Yeah Weiss is SOOOOO good that only Kiev are willing to buy him , not Bolton where he flattered to deceive more often than not , not any other mid table shite from the EPL making a move , no teams from Spain making a move , no teams in Italy making a move ...

yeah but a handful of Rangers fans know better ...

Yeah Weiss is SOOOOO good that only Kiev are willing to buy him , not Bolton where he flattered to deceive more often than not , not any other mid table shite from the EPL making a move , no teams from Spain making a move , no teams in Italy making a move ...

OC your point is invalid, you know nothing about football so i only listen to Mclachlan, he is RM's very own Jose Mourinho :crabflute:

OC your point is invalid, you know nothing about football so i only listen to Mclachlan, he is RM's very own Jose Mourinho :crabflute:

I know , i've just been e-mailed his credentials , jeezo i didn't realise he had so many coaching badges and that he had been on scouting trips for the biggest clubs in Europe , did you know it was he who recommended Juventus sign Zidane from Bordeaux ?

Weiss is better than Wylde but i would be playing both truth be told so the fact that Wylde has a slightly better assist by start average is fine. Im sure his goal per start average is not better though considering Saturday was his first goal ever.

Stats supplied by Zappa for last season in the SPL.

Vladimir Weiss - 9 assists in 23 games = 1 in 2.5

Greg Wylde - 5 assists in 15 games = 1 in 3

Kirk Broadfoot - 2 assists in 8 games = 1 in 4

Steven Naismith - 7 assists in 31 games = 1 in 4.4

Steven Whittaker - 8 assists in 36 games = 1 in 4.5

Nikica Jelavic - 5 assists in 23 games = 1 in 4.6

Steven Davis - 7 assists in 37 games = 1 in 5.3

Kyle Lafferty - 5 assists in 31 games = 1 in 6.2

Lee McCulloch - 3 assists in 21 games = 1 in 7

El-Hadji Diouf - 2 assists in 15 games = 1 in 7.5

Madjid Bougherra - 2 assists in 31 games = 1 in 15.5

Sasa Papac - 2 assists in 34 games = 1 in 17

Maurice Edu - 1 assist in 33 games = 1 in 33

David Weir - 1 assist in 37 games = 1 in 37

PS - another reason for me to hate Edu :anguish:

I know , i've just been e-mailed his credentials , jeezo i didn't realise he had so many coaching badges and that he had been on scouting trips for the biggest clubs in Europe , did you know it was he who recommended Juventus sign Zidane from Bordeaux ?

:lol:

How many of these teams from the Permiership, Italy and Spain made a bid for Jelavic ?

Indeed as we are using stats mate, you could turn this round and say that Wylde given less games is the best winger this "shyte" leauge has ever seen in 5 years or so :wink:

Aye, no doubt. :D

If you start looking beyond Rangers, you'll see that Weiss is comparable to Riordan at Hibs, Foran at ICT, Kelly at Killie, etc in what he actually delivered last season. They were all more consistent, though, and when playing for far worse teams.

Weiss delivered well but inconsistently, which is most people's complaint about his value. Turning it on 1 game in 3, against the poorest sides in the league, is not enough.

EDIT - Double post

Aye, no doubt. :D

If you start looking beyond Rangers, you'll see that Weiss is comparable to Riordan at Hibs, Foran at ICT, Kelly at Killie, etc in what he actually delivered last season. They were all more consistent, though, and when playing for far worse teams.

Weiss delivered well but inconsistently, which is most people's complaint about his value. Turning it on 1 game in 3, against the poorest sides in the league, is not enough.

See tbh mate, i liked the lad and he could excite you, but he could frustrate the pants off me aswell. Wingers do that though. I notice how he says Ally changed his mind and doesnt want him yet its Whytes fault according to some on here