Im Going To Kiev ... But It Should Be Ibrox

A bit disappointing if Ally said he'd be in touch and never did. Maybe wee vlad would have dug his heels and maybe got him for 2.5millionish!

COURTED by Kiev, rejected by Rangers.

Vladimir Weiss is on the verge of agreeing a deal to take him to the Ukraine.

But his heart belongs to Glasgow.

Dynamo Kiev have swooped to offer the Slovakia star a bumper four-year deal to quit Manchester City.

And Weiss expects to put pen to paper today.

The 21-year-old knows it's a fantastic opportunity to further his career - and that he SHOULD be excited.

But deep down the winger is gutted Ally McCoist hasn't offered him a return to Ibrox.

Wide-boy Weiss spent last season on loan with Walter Smith's side and was convinced McCoist wanted to sign him in a permanent deal.

But nothing materialised - leaving him devastated.

Weiss told SunSport: "Kiev are a big team with a good manager and good players.

"If that's where I end up then it'll be good. The offer they've given me is a great offer so it could be a good step for my career.

"It's not 100 per cent yet, my lawyer's still looking over a few things before I sign.

"Roberto Martinez has also tried to get me to join Wigan on loan. He's a great manager and it would be an honour to work with him.

"But right now, as things stand, it looks like Kiev.

"Part of me is really excited because it's a big move.

"I've been at Man City for too long and need a change of club. But a big part of me is disappointed because I'm not going back to Glasgow to sign for Rangers.

"If I go to Kiev I'll do my best to win the league there and be one of the best players. But hopefully in the future I'll go back to the Premier League in England or somewhere else. I am just disappointed I'm not heading back to Rangers now."

Weiss is gutted McCoist hasn't swooped to get him.

He's spent the summer clutching his phone waiting for it to ring. And now that it hasn't, he has been left sore and bitterly disappointed.

Weiss added: "If anyone is to blame for me not returning to Rangers, it's Ally.

"I wanted to sign again, I think everyone knows that.

"I have a lot of feelings for the club and it was my dream that I'd pull on that shirt again. It wasn't to be.

"Am I disappointed with Ally? I am a little bit, yeah. I think he could've done more to try and get me. When I was leaving the club in the summer he told me to my face he wanted to buy me.

"But he didn't try, not really. He didn't do anything to get me to Rangers and for me it's so disappointing.

"Listen, that's his choice, he's the manager and I have nothing but respect for him.

"I might not get the chance to play for the club again while he is the manager but I'll still be following Rangers and supporting the club.

"I'll watch the games when I can and look out for the results. I still hope the team does well and wins the league again without me. Hopefully at some time in the future I'll get another chance to wear the Rangers shirt.

"I want to play at Ibrox again. But if I'm honest, as long as Ally is the manager I don't think that is going to happen. He just didn't want me, I have to accept that."

Weiss has been on big money at Man City and Rangers are hardly flush with cash right now.

New Ibrox owner Craig Whyte promised significant transfer funds would be made available. But McCoist has still had to work hard to make his budget stretch as far as possible. He clearly feels he can get better value elsewhere rather than offering Weiss a return.

But the straight-talking Slovakian can't believe Spanish wide-man Juan Manuel Ortiz has been given a deal when he's been ignored.

Ortiz has undoubtedly failed to impress. But he cost just £300,000 which is a fraction of what it would have taken to land Weiss.

That hasn't stopped the wee fella venting his fury.

He's got it into his head McCoist doesn't rate him because of his final ball.

Weiss rapped: "I don't think money has anything to do with it. It's not the reason. Ally spent money on the player Ortiz. I've only seen him play one game but if he's happy with him then okay, that's up to him.

"Listen, someone told me Ally said I didn't have an end product. I'm not going to say who told me, but they told me.

"Well, I missed a few games last season because of injury.

"But if you look at the stats I provided the most assists in the SPL. I just don't know why he said that, but it's his opinion.

"He just didn't want me there and I respect that - it's just so disappointing."

That disappointment is shared by a lot of Gers fans. Internet messageboards and phone-ins have been chock-a-block with punters demanding McCoist swoop for Weiss before it's too late. This is a player who sat amongst them last season when he wasn't on the pitch. Someone who played for the jersey.

Weiss added: "I have great memories from my time at the club. So far in my career it was the best season I've had.

"The fans loved me and I loved the fans.

"There was not one bad thing about my time there.

"I just wanted to go back there and have more good times - but it's not going to happen."

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best but I honestly didn't want him back, he had more bad games than good and I'm convinced the reason the majority of the people that actually wanted him back was because of the "I love Rangers, I'm a die-hard fan" shite he spouts.

He would have been much better than Ortiz.

The bit i found a bit weird in that story was, weiss saying that ally told him he wanted to buy him.

that tells me that it's down to whyte why weiss isn't coming back.

I'm sure Whyte said he didn't value Goodwillie at £2million, look what happened with him, so I think he obviously didn't value Weiss at £3million so wouldn't have sanctioned the move if Ally really did want to get him back

Weiss was a player that could get fans on their feet whenever he touched the ball, gutted we didn't sign him permanently. Don't know too much where this inconsistency shite is coming from because, as he says the most assists speaks volumes. Yes he had a few average games last season but so did everyone, not this 4-5 game in a row poor streak thats been banded about. A young player with a promising future..we'll regret not signing him permanently.

I dont get this whole criticism of Weiss, Most assists in the spl? scored 5 goals and set up 11, I really don't know what more people would want from a winger? He's still young and im sorry but he's far better than anything we have just now!

I think we can't afford him thats why McCoists said no, but he's a cracking player who should be a ger!

Dont know what to make of that sounds like a dig at ally saying he is to blame but may just be frustration at not coming back

still that comment wont make mccoist want him if that is what he said

for me it looks like the budget went out the window after malmo as soon as we went out goodwillie signed elsewhere i know he said he would not have signed but the timing was highly suspect

since then lots of dearer players we have been looking at deals seem to have fell through

i think he is a snip at 3m

1 week and then contributing next to nothing for the next 4-5.

Like I said, good luck, but I'm not too fussed with him not returning.

He is young! Only 21 in fact.

This boy is going to be ridiculously good in 2/3 years.

He is young! Only 21 in fact.

This boy is going to be ridiculously good in 2/3 years.

No doubt hes going to be a good player, sadly we'll look back and think he could have been our player. Of all the targets we've chased this season this is one that genuinely would have had the fans on the edge of their seats. Im so dissapointed we've missed out on him.

He's 21 and managed more assists than anyone in the league for us last season I'm sure. I also highly doubt this "shite" he says about us isn't genuine. I'd have loved him to come back. Brilliant wee player who's not scared to actually run at players with the ball. All the best in your career Vlad, gutted it's not with us at present.

IF we have the money, then Weiss is the ideal type of player we all want...like other posts point out, he scored goals, plenty of assists and always looking to create...he was one of the most skilful players in the SPL, and at only 21, will continue to get better and value will increase...i would be so bold as to say that he did more in one year than I can remember McGayday doing in his whole time in Scotland yet he was sold for 10mill...

He is certainly a player of immense potential, versatile on both wings and gives us some creativity that we lack.

Have to say though, he is showing his immaturity here by slating Ally - he would have been better being a bit more subtle...

All the best but I honestly didn't want him back, he had more bad games than good and I'm convinced the reason the majority of the people that actually wanted him back was because of the "I love Rangers, I'm a die-hard fan" shite he spouts.

Rather unfair. Why doubt it? He has been treated well and well liked, so why question a kids honesty. If he says he loved it here why say he spouts shite? Every young player enjoys winning trophies and medals and Vlad would be no different. Also I am sure Walter had a very happy squad with lots of jokes and good times.