***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

Time will tell, but Ally McCoist must also hold the can for some of his decisions that cost us to go out of two European competitions. That team should have been enough to go through.

Now it's a domestic level and the squad we have, has proven to be more than enough over the last 3 years to be enough for the SPL. If we had qualified for Europe more money would have been made available to McCoist.

Ally could only play with the squad we had he got little support from Whyte hence the shambolic transfer dealings, and in the end we ended up shopping at Poundstretcher

I dont have a problem admiting that mate, no one should. If we someone else in charge right now, someone with similar experience to McCoist but with no rangers connection, we'd have been up in arms from day one. But id feel the same way i do if walter smith was in charge of the current squad. A few injuries and we could well be screwed.

I really feel that McCoist shot himself in the foot as any appointment would have, when we got knock out of the Champions league at boardroom level. But what we are doing is the right thing, with not spending out more than we can afford now.

It's harsh, but we need to realize throwing money at something doesn't always guarantee us success. Operating on a SPL budget, is the right thing to do at this moment in time.

Is the real reason for all this uncertainty really about Craig Whyte, or is it we don't feel confident in Ally McCoist ability as a Manager to win the league this year?

Cause I look at our Squad and see more than enough to secure the league.

Whyte, McCoist and the players have all failed us so far this season.

I really feel that McCoist shot himself in the foot as any appointment would have, when we got knock out of the Champions league at boardroom level. But what we are doing is the right thing, with not spending out more than we can afford now.

It's harsh, but we need to realize throwing money at something doesn't always guarantee us success. Operating on a SPL budget, is the right thing to do at this moment in time.

Spot on.

Weiss? Wylde/Bedoya/McKay

Diouf? Wylde/Bedoya/McKay

Miller? Lafferty is taking Millers place.

Attack wise we have still have the strike force who got us over the line last season.

Defence was our biggest issue last season so if you agree we have strengthened there than thats us done here mate.

(tu)

youve not even see mckay or bedoya play yet, they might be shite !! and lafferty is not as good a striker as miller.

I know what your sayin mate, and you are probably spot on, but if ever there was a season worth takin a £1-2M gamble, it this one, given the riches that await this seasons champions.

It'll be us ofcourse :crabflute:

Ally could only play with the squad we had he got little support from Whyte hence the shambolic transfer dealings, and in the end we ended up shopping at Poundstretcher

C'mon, 7 of the players that put out Sporting Lisbon last year was available to McCoist for Malmo. Not to mention he had Jelavic plus some signings that McCoist brought in.

No excuses why he couldn't find a system to get through that game, he even admitted himself when he changed things in the 2nd half to try and match up we fell apart. As for Maribor, he still never learned and we paid the price.

whyte blew it if he had bought the players ally wanted before the malmo game we are booking flight to madrid amasterdam and lyon you can only piss with the coke youre given third rate players because whyte would pay for quality we got quainty

The present squad should have beaten Malmo and Maribor (possibly at the same time !!!) They were two poor teams and we messed up big time. Lafferty, Jelavic and Naismith all missed a hatful of sitters (and Healy's) in the two matches at Ibrox. The players pressed the self-destruct button in the two away games. The manager should have made tactical changes but didn't or if he did, they didn't work. It certainly wasn't Craig whyte's fault.

I know what your sayin mate, and you are probably spot on, but if ever there was a season worth takin a £1-2M gamble, it this one, given the riches that await this seasons champions.

It'll be us ofcourse :crabflute:

That gamble, might be took in January we just don;t know. But for now it's time for us to get on with things and secure 4inarow :cheers:

That gamble, might be took in January we just don;t know. But for now it's time for us to get on with things and secure 4inarow :cheers:

Indeed mate, but each of us to man must show ally that we're behind him every step of the way. As a rangers man, i trust him to do anything he can for our club.

Once we were out of Europe, we didnt need to buy more.

I dont get that tbh.

We should have been buying to stay in the CL instead of the other way around.

Surely if we had spent around £8m on 3 or 4 Quality players way before the CL then got into CL, they pay for themselves.

If we dont get in CL then we sell Jelavic or AN other and are still only £1m down or so but 3 times the amount of players. We could still have brought some of the other guys in as well.

100k more than we took in.

your 3.7 million took in isnt far off.

Doesnt actually say that though does it. My £3.7M, as u put it, is infact our former chairmans exact figure. So i cant claim the glory for that.

Edit, thats a lie, i cant stand liars so tread carefully please GS, up until this point i generally respect your opinion.

4 players have signed bigger contracts.

13 new signings, 7 of which are new players to the club.

The squad is bigger, the wage bill will be bigger, the income is down. Its simple.

With this squad, this year we have no money to invest, we will run at a loss this year unless we get outside investment or sell a player.

none of which will be big big earners imo.

the 4 who signed new contracts are not ally signings though. they are also rangers biggest assets which means only an idiot wouldnt try and tie them down.

and also whyte doesnt pay the players wages, our season ticket and merchandise money pays for that.

whyte has put a grand total of £1 into our club so far and he probs tapped that off some cunt.

The present squad should have beaten Malmo and Maribor (possibly at the same time !!!) They were two poor teams and we messed up big time. Lafferty, Jelavic and Naismith all missed a hatful of sitters (and Healy's) in the two matches at Ibrox. The players pressed the self-destruct button in the two away games. The manager should have made tactical changes but didn't or if he did, they didn't work. It certainly wasn't Craig whyte's fault.

When Walter Smith tells you that the squad was finish senior players in the squad on the tour in Germany tell you the squads fcuk they lose most of the preseason friendlies. The facts state we were not good enough to beat either European team home or away and even to-day I doubt this newer squad would beat either of our European victors

none of which will be big big earners imo.

the 4 who signed new contracts are not ally signings though. they are also rangers biggest assets which means only an idiot wouldnt try and tie them down.

and also whyte doesnt pay the players wages, our season ticket and merchandise money pays for that.

whyte has put a grand total of £1 into our club so far and he probs tapped that off some cunt.

Weir, Goian and Bocanegra will be in the middle to high bracket.

Of course they are, if he didnt want them in his long term plans we would not have offered them new deals. The manager didnt stop talking about hwo important it was we got all 4 tied down long term, they were Allys signings in every way. Like Boyd, Thomson, Miller, Bougherra........?

Did i say Whyte pays wages? <cr>

Its not his job to put money into the club, its his job to run us properly and not spending now is the correct thing to do.

Doesnt actually say that though does it. My £3.7M, as u put it, is infact our former chairmans exact figure. So i cant claim the glory for that.

Edit, thats a lie, i cant stand liars so tread carefully please GS, up until this point i generally respect your opinion.

as i say even if we use your figures we also got 2 million for wilson and 400k for miller. last season we simply didnt spend money on players net.

as i say even if we use your figures we also got 2 million for wilson and 400k for miller. last season we simply didnt spend money on players net.

Are you takin the piss tonight or what? My £3.7M is how much we took in, not what we put out in transfers.

I see you managed to dodge another question there, how manys that today mate? What the fucks up wi you today, we deserve better.

Are you takin the piss tonight or what? My £3.7M is how much we took in, not what we put out in transfers.

I see you managed to dodge another question there, how manys that today mate? What the fucks up wi you today, we deserve better.

well you wont accept we spent 3.8 million so i am trying to work the figures your way.

lets reconvene when we have the full accounts in a few weeks.

In

Weiss £1m loan fee

Jelavic £4m

Beattie £1m

Diouf - loan

Foster - loan

Bartley - loan

Kerkar - free

Healy - free

Total - £6m

out

Thomson £2m