***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

I think your a trouble making tarrier cunt. not sure if that's something we agree on myself but its the truth so I might as well say it.

:anguish:

Its a pity a few members of admin know that not to be the case and at least one other poster on here (tu)

But well done. If you cant win a debate, just resort to name-calling. (tu)

I dont think so, absolutely not. He is obliged to run our club properly not pump millions in, that is upto him if he wants to or has it or not. I dont care, as long as he runs us within our means, thats all i am concerned about.

i disagree, the team is the most important thing and required immediate investment. spending around a million on transfer fees is just not good enough considering the work that was required on the squad and i honestly think barring any further investment in jan, it will cost us the league. no ones asking him to pump millions in year after year, but it was obvious in the first year there was an essential need for decent investment in the squad- this should not have been dependent on european football. i want him to run the club within our means too, but there should have been capital up front to go directly towards the squad- 1 million is just ridiculous imo. the outgoing board warned people to make sure he lived up to his promises, so i can see why many are annoyed now- there was some truth in what they said imo.

No no no, you said we spent £100k last season on players. I said we spent £1.5M. If you want to include money that may have been paid because danny wilson manged to get a few games for liverpool, then fine, ther is a possability that we only spent £100k. The facts remain that, on the close of the tranfsfer window 2010, we had spent £2M. Include wilson and millers fees, we actually made a profit, almost £500k. Would you bet against a greater profit at the end of this season?

You asked me not to use the daily rebel as a source, which i hadnt anyway, yet your using a source that, at this moment, is a fabrication.

the half year accounts are not a fabrication.

the half year accounts are not a fabrication.

The half year accounts dont show a net spend of £100k either. You asked me to use them in support of any question re our spending last season. Ok, based on the half year accounts now, we recieved £3.7M in transfer fees. We then, or at the same time, spent £6M.

i disagree, the team is the most important thing and required immediate investment. spending around a million on transfer fees is just not good enough considering the work that was required on the squad and i honestly think barring any further investment in jan, it will cost us the league. no ones asking him to pump millions in year after year, but it was obvious in the first year there was an essential need for decent investment in the squad- this should not have been dependent on european football. i want him to run the club within our means too, but there should have been capital up front to go directly towards the squad- 1 million is just ridiculous imo. the outgoing board warned people to make sure he lived up to his promises, so i can see why many are annoyed now- there was some truth in what they said imo.

The team got immediate investment to the tune of 13 new signings. <cr>

So now a transfer fee dictates how good a player is? :rolleyes:

You have about as much faith in the manager as i do. (tu)

We cant spend big if we want to live within our means, a lesson learnt time and time again under Murray.

How did he know he would spend these amounts? He must be fuckin psychic.

Cheers for the links. Anything I've read or heard was just him saying that these amounts were available. Never that he WOULD spend these amounts.

I honestly don't know how anybody, in any business, can categorically state how much money they're going to spend over a 5 year spell.

Crazy indeed. I'm going to start calling them budget forecasts as I think that sounds pretty.

The half year accounts dont show a net spend of £100k either. You asked me to use them in support of any question re our spending last season. Ok, based on the half year accounts now, we recieved £3.7M in transfer fees. We then, or at the same time, spent £6M.

the half year accounts don't show us spending 6 million.

The team got immediate investment to the tune of 13 new signings. <cr>

So now a transfer fee dictates how good a player is? :rolleyes:

You have about as much faith in the manager as i do. (tu)

We cant spend big if we want to live within our means, a lesson learnt time and time again under Murray.

since when is 5- 7 million spending big??! when buying a club of our size and considering the amount of work that was required on the playing staff, youd think there would be a decent start up capital to get the required numbers and quality in. if someone had said to you before he bought the club he will only spend approx 1 million on the playing squad in his first tranfer window, would you be happy with that?? i would think that person was insane and that is not possible to assemble a title winning squad on such a pathetic amount given the work that was required. im bitterly disappointed in the business done in the window considering how optimistic i was when we had all those other bids in. now we find ourselves in a very precarious situation: if everyone hits form and stays fit we have a good chance but an injury like last year to jelavic and we're not winning this league with kyle lafferty and david healy up front, im sorry.

How much does it say we spent?

The accounts dont generally show the spend on players. They show gains on assets etc which are not actually reflective of Cash spent or received. (tu)

So as an example.

If we buy Jealvic and Beattie for £5 million 4 year contracts then it shows as £1.25m expense this year. If we sell Wilson for £2m and as a youth player, he has no value on the books then our player trading would show a £0.75m profit last season for those 3 transactions.

Hope that makes sense. (tu)

Guys check the guy that bought QPR Mr Tony Fernandes bought them for £80 million the procceded to buy 5-6 players in 3 or 4 days, he said he would spend and i know its the epl and they have mega money but whyte is meant to be rich as well something doesnt add up

since when is 5- 7 million spending big??! when buying a club of our size and considering the amount of work that was required on the playing staff, youd think there would be a decent start up capital to get the required numbers and quality in. if someone had said to you before he bought the club he will only spend approx 1 million on the playing squad in his first tranfer window, would you be happy with that?? i would think that person was insane and that is not possible to assemble a title winning squad on such a pathetic amount given the work that was required. im bitterly disappointed in the business done in the window considering how optimistic i was when we had all those other bids in. now we find ourselves in a very precarious situation: if everyone hits form and stays fit we have a good chance but an injury like last year to jelavic and we're not winning this league with kyle lafferty and david healy up front, im sorry.

We are a Scottish club with no European revenue this year, £5m - £7m is huge sums. Its the most any club in the country have spent.

We have the required numbers and quality, we only need to win the SPl not the fucking Premiership!

If it was net spend and i knew we would have 13 new signings and 4 of our best players tied up long term int he process i would be delighted and i am!

If Jelavic gets injured it will be Naismith and Lafferty up front, the best striking partnership in the league, outside Laffs and Jela.

Guys check the guy that bought QPR Mr Tony Fernandes bought them for £80 million the procceded to buy 5-6 players in 3 or 4 days he said he would spend and did i know its the epl and thy have mega money but whyte is meant to be rich

Fuck me, are you serious? Seriously? You are comparing a club, any club in the EPL to a club in the SPL?

doh:anguish:

Here lies one of our problems. Impossible comparisons.

The accounts dont generally show the spend on players. They show gains on assets etc which are not actually reflective of Cash spent or received. (tu)

So as an example.

If we buy Jealvic and Beattie for £5 million 4 year contracts then it shows as £1.25m expense this year. If we sell Wilson for £2m and as a youth player, he has no value on the books then our player trading would show a £0.75m profit last season for those 3 transactions.

Hope that makes sense. (tu)

Thanks mate, but i was aware of this, have a wee read back and check GS statement, he said we spent £100k net on players last year, and when i said we had spent £1.5M, he suggested i use something other than the daily rebel as a source, a paper ive never bought in my puff. Id add he has absolutely no source whatsoever for this. Basically hes been suggesting for quite some time that we spent significantly more on players this season than last. Im mearly trying to prove that, up until this time last year, thats absolute tosh. Saying we spent £100k on players last season when we've all been debating how much we've spent this season is just confusing people and attempting to paint a picture that suits. My point remains the same as before, whether it be right or wrong for the club, this time last season we had spent almost £2M on players.

Fuck me, are you serious? Seriously? You are comparing a club, any club in the EPL to a club in the SPL?

doh:anguish:

Here lies one of our problems. Impossible comparisons.

swl i dont mean the leagues i mean what the owner done in 6 days since hes took over put his money where his mouth is not like Mr Whyte who told every single person ally will have £5 million per year for the next 5 year then say he will give him £15 this window,then gave him £3million max

he got the club for £1, he didnt pay the debt just moved it around.

we had 5.5mil in cash at our 6month financial report.

we spent net 1.2mil on players

3mil to upgrade stadium.

which still leaves 1.3mil of the cash we had at bank left.

he hasnt paid the smaller tax bill as of yet.

so in grand total mr whyte has put £1 into the club.

a monkey could see that spangles and his pots are looking more than likely have been telling the truth.

whyte is a shrewd man, he also put ally in charge as he knows that if this season goes tits up it will devide us fans between ppl sticking up for ally and ppl wanting his head, therefor deflecting the trouble from the man that it should be aimed at(whyte).

its time that all fellow bears get behind ally 100% and no matter the outcome of this season support him in the job until he is given the right backing to have a fair crack at the whip.

We are a Scottish club with no European revenue this year, £5m - £7m is huge sums. Its the most any club in the country have spent.

We have the required numbers and quality, we only need to win the SPl not the fucking Premiership!

If it was net spend and i knew we would have 13 new signings and 4 of our best players tied up long term int he process i would be delighted and i am!

If Jelavic gets injured it will be Naismith and Lafferty up front, the best striking partnership in the league, outside Laffs and Jela.

ur easily pleased then sir!! where did these 13 new signings come from? are we counting kerkar and healy as new signings? oh dear. they will be lucky if they play 5 games between them all season. seeing as the club cost him next to nothing, i think it is perfectly reasonable to expect a serious owner with serious ambitions of taking this club forward to spend 7 million. 7 million to buy a club the size of rangers and refresh a title winning squad with some quality- thats a bargain for any serious prospective owner of a massive football club. the truth is he doesnt really have much money and we had no choice. he should at least have had the foresight to spend the money on the squad now knowing that he would either recoup it through selling a big player at the end of the season or through european participation. oh, and neither naismith nor lafferty have demonstrated an ability to score 20 goals a season in the spl so i wouldnt be so quick to call them the second best strikeforce in the league. suppose lafferty and jelavic get injured, what now? healy and naismith?? aye, class.

swl i dont mean the leagues i mean what the owner done in 6 days since hes took over put his money where his mouth is not like Mr Whyte who told every single person ally will have £5 million per year for the next 5 year then say he will give him £15 this window,then gave him £3million max

QPR being the EPL and being bought over by such a rich man is the very reason he went daft within 6 days. Their club was not a shambles like ours was when Mr Whyte took over.

The transition of Rangers from Murray to Whyte will take a long time and the time for Mr Whyte to make his mark will take longer than 6 days, or indeed longer than one transfer window.

It was actually over £4m we have spent i am sure. Anyway, show me the quote where he said £15m......................

Ally has built a squad which is too expensive to keep for just SPL football, no Europe means even if Mr Whyte wanted to buy any more players, it would not be clever as it will simply result in next years debt being higher.

ur easily pleased then sir!! where did these 13 new signings come from? are we counting kerkar and healy as new signings? oh dear. they will be lucky if they play 5 games between them all season. seeing as the club cost him next to nothing, i think it is perfectly reasonable to expect a serious owner with serious ambitions of taking this club forward to spend 7 million. 7 million to buy a club the size of rangers and refresh a title winning squad with some quality- thats a bargain for any serious prospective owner of a massive football club. the truth is he doesnt really have much money and we had no choice. he should at least have had the foresight to spend the money on the squad now knowing that he would either recoup it through selling a big player at the end of the season or through european participation. oh, and neither naismith nor lafferty have demonstrated an ability to score 20 goals a season in the spl so i wouldnt be so quick to call them the second best strikeforce in the league. suppose lafferty and jelavic get injured, what now? healy and naismith?? aye, class.

Facts will show, they are new signings, unattached free transfers but new signings none the less. They are Allys players, he wanted them back, he signed them.

Not if it will send us wildly into debt which any other outgoings will with no European income.

It has been refreshed in fact it has been improved.