Diouf Released By Blackburn

corbyloyal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people seem to have missed that, apart from anything else, he was excellent coming on as a sub when we needed someone to help keep posession, to close out a game.

He often did that very well, and I'd have him here again. Who knows, he might even have an Indian summer in pursuit of more winners medals. I'd bet a small wager on him doing that.

Ok I know he's not the most loved figure in the world, I also know he was inconsistent and lacked any kind of pace at all when on loan with us.... but I genuinly think diouf might be worth a shot in CM?

I remember seeing Diouf in person for the first time in a game against Motherwell at Ibrox and I didn't know what to expect, well... we won 6-0 and Diouf was excellent, he was coming deep for the ball, picking passes, retaining possesion in difficult circumstances, worked hard, although lacked a bit of sharpness at that time, got me thinking that maybe he could be a combative midfielder capable of creating chances, something that we have lacked in our side? Also good corner taker and crosser? I also think his personality might lift the squad a bit!

Should we sign him? Until now I'd have said no, but now i'm thinking maybe he does have something to offer despite a relatively poor loan spell! A short term deal is something we could consider! Knowing how we're doing we'll sign him on a high wage and long term deal.

When I said we should have played him at center mid last season I got slaughtered. People we're tellin me I was a mental midget. He's no fast enough te be a striker but is good at hold up play and distributing the ball. WATP!