So Thats It Then

Davie2909

Are you happy with the dealings?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the summer spending?

• Yes i am
    • Not one bit im very dissapointed
    • Dont really care now

So Guys thats the window shut and all the money has been spent.

In

Ortiz £500,000

Wallace £1.5mill

Goian £750,000

Bartley Loan

McKay £320,000

Bedoya £300,000

Bocanegra £400,000

Total £3.77mill

Out

Bougherra £1.7mill

Adam £850,000

Little Loan

Fleck Loan

Hutton Loan

Beattie Free

Total £2.55mill

Total Net spend of £1.22mill

If you look at it we have 1 less player in our squad than we did at the end of last season with the out goings.

7 Players in

5 out (This Summer)

3 loans left at the end of last season which takes it up to 8 in total

So guys what do you think?

Totally gutted and lied to again was it to get us mugs to part with our money at the start of the season that we were regaled with stories of how much you would spend in transfers market?

Whyte managed to keep all but over 1 million in his pocket too bad he could not keep us in Europe with your cunning and guile. Should be interesting over the next couple of days as his PR goes into overdrive as we are informed about the players we just missed out on.

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me

I'm level minded about the whole window.

Positives:

- Important first team players were given new improved contracts.

- 7 players were signed.

- 2 players left (Bougies mind wasn't right and we all wanted rid of Beatts) and 3 out on loan (Little, Fleck and Hutton would've struggled to get into the team even though the latter is better than some we already have imo).

- Ibrox was upgraded, not to the extent that most of us were wanting. Things are still going on in that aspect.

Negatives:

- Many highly wanted players didn't arrive.

- We're out of Europe.

There's more from both fields but I'm tired and can't be bothered writing anymore lol. It's been a tough window, we've held onto our star players but haven't bought any stand outs so yes I'm kind of disappointed but have accepted that we'd be in a bigger mess without Whytes takeover.

Totally gutted and lied to again was it to get us mugs to part with our money at the start of the season that we were regaled with stories of how much you would spend in transfers market?

Whyte managed to keep all but over 1 million in his pocket too bad he could not keep us in Europe with your cunning and guile. Should be interesting over the next couple of days as his PR goes into overdrive as we are informed about the players we just missed out on.

Cant wait for it "We tried for the Greek lad but our bid of a multi pack of crisps was rejected" We tried for "Tshababala and our bid of £100,000 was some what short of there valuation of £3mill"

Honestly this has been one of the worst summers i can remember.

Even last season being skint we managed to get our top target and a good quality winger

if we had the right quality of sigings at the start of july we would still be in europe

This. THis. This.

Folk still banging on about positives, Whyt5e has lied through his teeth here, not even up for debate.

If he hadnt said a word I wouldn't be raging..but not even the 5 mill shite..the 15mill front laoded is an extra insult.

Oritz will prob be off in Jan he has been so shite since arriving.

Bedoya I will judge in time but have hear reports from a friend who lives in Sweden that he is not even a standout in that league.

McKay - I have high hopes for..IF we play football in the midfield, if not he is rendered uselss and games will pass him by.

Gian I fear will spend more time out injured than available..as for Bartley, who I rate highly, I fear he will end up back at Arsenal injred.

We are not stronger, nowhere near, Millers goals were a godsend for the firsthalf of last season.

I genuinly have had a sinking horrible feeling since Ally was appointed and the stampede to hail Whyte as our saviour all began, that something just wasnt right.

It all reminds me of the LeGuen hype, far too many similarities, especially with the calibre of signgings, powderpuff and used to playing in more technical leagues, not ready for the dross and blood and thunder of the SPhell.

Where would Rangers be if Whyte hadn't bought the Club?

Whyt5e has lied through his teeth here, not even up for debate.

Ally signed 7 players and re-signed Weir and Healy. Whyte didn't decide on them, that was Ally.

I don't disagree with everything you say (eg Ortiz) but we need to give Whyte more time. It is Ally who needs to improve his act.

The most overused sentence on this forum whenever someone has the audacity to criticise Whyte in any way and its getting annoying tbh. Yes he bought the club and saved us from whatever fate we would have faced if he didnt but im sorry just buying the club is not enough. He had the chance to really make a statement of intent but didnt. All in my opinion of course.

I think it is far too early judge Whyte. He doesn't pick the team or sign the players nor does he decide on tactics. I think that Ally is on a probation period and may not get beyond Christmas if things go badly. We don't have enough information to make proper judgements on what money Whyte has put into the Club at this time. We do not know how much it has cost to sign 7 new players, re-sign 2 and give improved deals to half a dozen others. I think we would all be surprised at the total cost.

I think it is far too early judge Whyte. He doesn't pick the team or sign the players nor does he decide on tactics. I think that Ally is on a probation period and may not get beyond Christmas if things go badly. We don't have enough information to make proper judgements on what money Whyte has put into the Club at this time. We do not know how much it has cost to sign 7 new players, re-sign 2 and give improved deals to half a dozen others. I think we would all be surprised at the total cost.

Whyte gives Ally the tools to do his job, do you think he has supplied him with adequate tools. We also can make a judgement on the kind of money Whyte has but into the club as the figures are in the public. They may not be 100% accurate but give a good estimation.

Don't know anything about the tarriers dealings, but if they've strengthened with anyone decent, then IMHO we're fucked.

Ally needed all the help he could get in his first season.

Fuckin shite.

Doesn't look like they have signed anyone that would be considered great by any means and they also haven't strengthened CB which means the baldy fucker will be there which is a good thing.

Ally signed 7 players and re-signed Weir and Healy. Whyte didn't decide on them, that was Ally.

I don't disagree with everything you say (eg Ortiz) but we need to give Whyte more time. It is Ally who needs to improve his act.

I believe Ally identified his targets in the beginning. Jhuasz, DGW and all that, and CW didnt delever the funds to back him up.

All 3 of Ally, Whyte and Smith have been nothing short of shambolic at the start of this season.

A club like ours not even getting through the Europa qualifiers?? A fucking disgrace, and everytime I see Ally celebrate when we score domestically I want to fucking slap him. he should be raging, embaressed and demanding top drawer performances week in week out until the season ends now.

My gut feeling is that this will get worse before it gtes better.

Who knows what January brings, titles have been decided more so on that window. I can see Jela leaving and a couple of players coming in.

Wether its Ally thats picking them time will tell. As a wise poster on here said a while back, this team needs fresh eyes picking it.

Anyway enough doom and gloom, we still have Jela, and when him and Davis are on form we are good enough.

Whyte has done some great things for the club. Of that there is no doubt.

His one big mistake was following his predecessors error in trying to manipulate the support.

I'm sure most of us would have been quite happy if he'd took over, got rid of lloyds etc and set about organising the club better.

There was no need to promise cash this year, esp gilding it with front loading. It now looks like he was counting on us getting into the champs league first. Murray did the same with Kaunus.

We'd have understood they were doing the best they could do, but it now looks like he held back money.

The result of all this is we have missed out on a needed new striker, which leaves us depending on Jela remaining fit and injury free.

In my opinion, we'll struggle between now and january, fall behind the tims and end up panic buying a striker in January. However by then it'll be too late to do any good and we'll lament the fact we didn't do it now.

I'm not being fobbed off with gratitude we didn't sell Jela yesterday.