Rangers Flag At Edl Protest

Boab

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe people can think what they like, so I don't hold much of an opinion on the EDL (or whoever their opponents are). But...

1) I guess it's too bad that the bheggars will have another hammer. It's a weak hammer that shouldn't mean anything, but we've been reminded time and time again that in the mhedia, a weak story becomes a strong one if it can show Rangers in a bad light.

2) to be honest, I wouldn't really be too happy to see an EDL (or Tories, or Labour, or whatever political group) banner at Ibrox at a game, so I'm not too thrilled to see a Rangers flag at a specifically political rally either. No matter the context, never mind if it's calm or a riot.

If they're so concerned about militant Islam they should join the National Secular Society or similar organizations.

But they won't, will they?

No they won't and why should they? They have every right to express their views peacefully no matter how many people disagree with them,

What they don't have the right to do is to display a flag which suggests that Rangers may in some way br associated with their views. I suspect that if the club wanted to it could make an issue of this. Not worth the publicity, though IMO.

What they don't have the right to do is to display a flag which suggests that Rangers may in some way br associated with their views.

If you are referring to the flag in the OP you are wrong, they clearly do have that right. There is a photograph of them exercising it in full view of numerous Police Officers.

I suspect that if the club wanted to it could make an issue of this.

There is nothing the Club could do except make itself look foolish.

The flag is clearly not a Club product. It does not even mention Rangers.

It's a free country,they can fly what they like.

The EDL seem to have black and sikh members as far as i remember..they say they are anti Islamic extremism.which i would like to think that everyone on here was too.

Incidently will the anti fascists be out in force to square up to Chouhdry and is Sultans of swing(Muslims against crusades) when they disrupt the minutes silence for 9/11 outside the US embassy on Sunday...????