Matt Mckay Will Play Out On The Left

DIESEL RFC

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he can easily play to the left of Davis with Naismith on the right and Wylde out wide. Or if Wylde has an off day Bedoya can come in. If Ness gets fit then McKay will have to up his game to keep his place. Same with Ness if he wants to get a game. As for Edu and McCulloch they would appear to be at the back of the queue to play in what is arguably the strongest area of our team.

Am not wooried my point is he will be less effective playing outwide,his main position is cm and is far better playing there,I have seen him play quite a few times actually,and he's by far better playing cm,he's not an out an out winger that's for sure,

Why not play

Wylde McKay davis naismith

That's far better than fuckin

Mckay edu Mcculloch davis

As some suggest!!!

I suggested that sarcastically.

Pretty depressing line up with they 2 in middle.

I agree with your line up although won't mind Ness CM

Am not wooried my point is he will be less effective playing outwide,his main position is cm and is far better playing there,I have seen him play quite a few times actually,and he's by far better playing cm,he's not an out an out winger that's for sure,

Why not play

Wylde McKay davis naismith

That's far better than fuckin

Mckay edu Mcculloch davis

As some suggest!!!

Naismith isnt an out an out winger, he still works out there. I'm not saying we should play him there, but if/when we have a fit Jamie Ness, i would like to see him in the centre, along with Davis. With players like Naismith/Wylde/McKay/Bedoya all righting for places, if thats in the middle or on the end of the midfield.

And he can easily play to the left of Davis with Naismith on the right and Wylde out wide. Or if Wylde has an off day Bedoya can come in. If Ness gets fit then McKay will have to up his game to keep his place. Same with Ness if he wants to get a game. As for Edu and McCulloch they would appear to be at the back of the queue to play in what is arguably the strongest area of our team.

Agree mate! People wanted too see a young Ness get a run of games if/when he gets fit, its the only way he will improve and become our main midfield asset in years to come. With signing of players who can play all over midfield like Bedoya and McKay, and having players like Naismith, it creates competition, which was needed. Even Davis will need to up his game, because there will be players gunning for his place too, when you think we havent mentioned Edu or McCulloch, who have won more than a handfull of trophies each in three seasons, things are realy looking good in that midfield... its getting a settled 4 that play well together and keeping the others happy, that will be the problem.

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

McKay reckons he'll add more guile to Rangers midfield : 'I like to play and move and make deep runs'

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Matt McKay hopes to force himself into team to ahead of next weekend's old firm derby

Get the negative shite in early, Good one.

That's not been negative mate,am just stating that were not going to get the best of out playing him out wide,that is all.

I am dying to see him pull on the jersey and think he will be a cracking player for us but as I said its a bit like the davis situation,can play out wide but more effective playing in the centre.

Am just dissapointed that am not getting to see him play with davis in the middle everyweek,think they would compliment each othere well!!!

Why you worried he will be played out on the left ? he can play out on the left so whats the problem ? i would maybe see where you are coming from if you have seen him play a vast ammount of games, but i'm guessing you havent, so lets see what he can do on the left first.

Did he not play on the left vs Thailand and set up both goals or was involved in both ? People turning something into a negative thing for no reason.

We severely lack quality in the middle and people hoped McKay could improve things

I'd be more content to see Ally use McKay more in the middle in a 4-2-3-1 formation or even 4-3-3/4-4-2;

Davis Edu/Ness

Naismith McKay Wylde

Jelavic

Davis Edu/Ness McKay

Naismith Jelavic Wylde/Lafferty

Naismith Davis McKay/Ness Wylde

Jelavic Laffery

Could even switch Davis/McKay in the first formation. Ness is injury prone hence the other options I would go for. Think McKay will become a regular but I'm not convinced that will be the case for Bedoya.

Still lack a creative midfielder and although the above poster claims McKay is creative I don't think he is what we are crying out for.

The problem with us playing anything resembling 5 midfielders is it stays that way

We allow ourselves to become too deep at times, for sure. With Wylde and Naismith wide and attacking full-backs we should have enough width to get numbers forward to support Jelavic.

The problem is not the 5 in the middle it's the way that five are set up and sit back that's the real issue.

I think 4-4-2 suits ally more because we are forced to have 2 players in the final third. But like you I would love to see one main striker with attacking players supporting. 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding players and 4 attacking players is used very successfully by many teams now and is a very versatile formation. We need to find a balanced formation that the players play week in week out, with fluid short passing and quick movement.

Ally needs to step out of Walters shadow and adopt a much more modern day, positive approach to football because he's sinking fast

Even though McKay will probably manage fine left midfield, as that's where he plays for Australia I think, it seems strange to buy a guy who's played centre midfield for Brisbane Roar consistently and been one of the big reasons they won the league and then play him on the left. Also, most people can see that central midfield is a weakness in our team and it would have been good if McKay could have wiped out that weakness, but maybe it's not to be.

If we wanted a left midfielder why didn't we go out and buy one instead of buying Ortiz, who's predominantly a right midfielder and McKay, who's predominantly a centre midfielder.

We need to get McCulloch, and to a slightly lesser extent, Edu, out of the starting eleven or this is going to be another season full of terrible midfield displays.

I hope our first choice midfield will be:

Naismith Davis McKay Wylde

If we are to play Wallace at left back then we'd be more balanced with McKay on the left than Wylde. Wallace can't overlap when Wylde plays which almost nulufies his best assest. I suspect McKay will cut in more providing space for Wallace.

Playing left midfield does not mean he will be a left winger. Davis for example has never once played as a right winger for Rangers, he's play right midfield.

Just read an interview with ally saying he will play on the left hand side of the pitch,provide competition etc,by the looks of it he plays better in cm,driving forward and creating chances and opening up there defence.he will be wasted playing as a winger!!!also says he might not play 2moro :-(

And you have the nerve to call me negative and doom and gloom? doh:anguish:

What a dick.

Not expecting to see him start tmrw although Ally maybe forced due to Jelas injury and did Ally actually quote him as a left winger? :rolleyes: Huge difference between a winger and a wide midfielder.

Mckay is all left sided, he will undoubtedly add quality to our team and balance on the left hand side. A fantastic signing and one i am so eager to see make his debut.

In Matty Mackay i trust! :clap: