MartinGers93

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PES 8/10

Fifa 6/10

What does anyone else think???

Not tried either of them yet. Will probably download tomorrow. Just out of interest do you normally prefer PES or FIFA? I have bought FIFA the past few years, but used to love PES, would be interesting if it was better than FIFA this year.

Not tried either of them yet. Will probably download tomorrow. Just out of interest do you normally prefer PES or FIFA? I have bought FIFA the past few years, but used to love PES, would be interesting if it was better than FIFA this year.

I used to be a PES guy until 2008 then it's been Fifa since but so far PES is the better game imo by a good bit. The new defending aspect of Fifa is not very well mapped on the controller imo and is going to take a while to get used to. PES is back to it's best imo.

I used to be a PES guy until 2008 then it's been Fifa since but so far PES is the better game imo by a good bit. The new defending aspect of Fifa is not very well mapped on the controller imo and is going to take a while to get used to. PES is back to it's best imo.

I was pretty much exactly the same. I would quite like PES to be good again, I quite liked it but FIFA was definitely better and I would have never played them both enough to be worth it.

Completely agree, and a review from each is in order here:

FIFA 12 demo (6/10);

I dislike the new menu, it will take a little getting used to but i feel in game, its a little bit low positioned on screen (yes i am being rather picky here) also defending has been changed when there was nothing wrong with it, so an unneccessary change to that has brought the rating down. One positive being impact engine, the real crunch in tackles and hoe players react when coliding is great. I found that once on the floor a player ran towards me running onto the players head, and the players head moved and he rolled about on the floor, good inclusion. Real injuries looks good too, i like how when clean through with no energy, players can pull up with an injury! But really apart from that its the exact same so no other gameplay changes, so with this in mind, looks like a step backwards!

Pro Ev 2012 demo (8/10);

Very happy to see pro ev have taken a completely new gameplay approach, changing everything, its looking more like it used to on ps2 when pro evolution was the ultimate series of football games. Though tackling again difficult, i find it hard to disposess someone with the ball and they tend to walk past easily. Goalkeepers are a little too poor as well though this has been seen to in the re released demo. Shooting isnt that powerful but very accurate, at times you will be able to hit a thumper in to the top corner but its realistically more difficult than fifa. One thing i love is scoring fluke goals, like insane deflections, its always fantastic to see deflections fly into the net as its not something you tend to see at fifa. Goalkeepers can be completely wrong footed with deflections. Also graphically, pro evolution is stunning compared to fifa, with a lot more preset faces enhancing the experience of playing as a particular player.

FIFA 12 demo (6/10);

I dislike the new menu, it will take a little getting used to but i feel in game, its a little bit low positioned on screen (yes i am being rather picky here) also defending has been changed when there was nothing wrong with it, so an unneccessary change to that has brought the rating down. One positive being impact engine, the real crunch in tackles and hoe players react when coliding is great. I found that once on the floor a player ran towards me running onto the players head, and the players head moved and he rolled about on the floor, good inclusion. Real injuries looks good too, i like how when clean through with no energy, players can pull up with an injury! But really apart from that its the exact same so no other gameplay changes, so with this in mind, looks like a step backwards!

Pro Ev 2012 demo (8/10);

Very happy to see pro ev have taken a completely new gameplay approach, changing everything, its looking more like it used to on ps2 when pro evolution was the ultimate series of football games. Though tackling again difficult, i find it hard to disposess someone with the ball and they tend to walk past easily. Goalkeepers are a little too poor as well though this has been seen to in the re released demo. Shooting isnt that powerful but very accurate, at times you will be able to hit a thumper in to the top corner but its realistically more difficult than fifa. One thing i love is scoring fluke goals, like insane deflections, its always fantastic to see deflections fly into the net as its not something you tend to see at fifa. Goalkeepers can be completely wrong footed with deflections. Also graphically, pro evolution is stunning compared to fifa, with a lot more preset faces enhancing the experience of playing as a particular player.

Cheers mate. Sounds like PES is giving FIFA a run for its money this year. Might actually think about going back to PES

Cheers mate. Sounds like PES is giving FIFA a run for its money this year. Might actually think about going back to PES

Dont get me wrong, Fifa could still be a much better once the full games are released, thinking back, the last few fifa demos have been pretty poor compared to the game, i think this one has probably been the worst.

Also last year it was the pro ev demo that i started playing in June, that made me buy it then, i still play it now, but they have made an effort to completely change the game back to how it used to be, just with much better graphics (tu)

FIFA 12 demo (6/10);

Pro Ev 2012 demo (8/10);

PES is just plain fun this time compared to Fifa and imo more realistic as a Football game (Always has been). Fifa has always had the same tricks of scoring a goal while PES is unpredictable just like real football which is what it's meant to be after all. A Football Simulation. PES this year is looking likely of not quite taking back it's crown but going a long way taking back it probably next year if this year is an indication of the future. Fifa has certainly played it safe this year and it's going to pay the price while PES will asking a lot of questions on EA's effort this year.

Dont get me wrong, Fifa could still be a much better once the full games are released, thinking back, the last few fifa demos have been pretty poor compared to the game, i think this one has probably been the worst.

Also last year it was the pro ev demo that i started playing in June, that made me buy it then, i still play it now, but they have made an effort to completely change the game back to how it used to be, just with much better graphics (tu)

That is a good point about the Fifa demo. The game tends to be harder in the demo than the actual game while the PES demo that has just been released is what the game will be like when the game comes out in stores but nonetheless it's going to be a great game and the best PES since 5 imo.

PES is just plain fun this time compared to Fifa and imo more realistic as a Football game (Always has been). Fifa has always had the same tricks of scoring a goal while PES is unpredictable just like real football which is what it's meant to be after all. A Football Simulation. PES this year is looking likely of not quite taking back it's crown but going a long way taking back it probably next year if this year is an indication of the future. Fifa has certainly played it safe this year and it's going to pay the price while PES will asking a lot of questions on EA's effort this year.

I was planning on writing absolutely everything you mentioned mate haha.

Particularly the scoring in fifa that you mentioned. There are only a few goals; finess shots, laces shots, outside the box goals and headers. You score each of them a few times and get bored of scoring the same type of goals all the time. Thats why i can never start manager mode!

Pro ev lets you score in every way possible, some pretty funny, some really fun and theres the realistic goals too.

It will take time, but Pro Ev will probably get back to the top in the next coming years.

I was planning on writing absolutely everything you mentioned mate haha.

Particularly the scoring in fifa that you mentioned. There are only a few goals; finess shots, laces shots, outside the box goals and headers. You score each of them a few times and get bored of scoring the same type of goals all the time. Thats why i can never start manager mode!

Pro ev lets you score in every way possible, some pretty funny, some really fun and theres the realistic goals too.

It will take time, but Pro Ev will probably get back to the top in the next coming years.

When I play Fifa I know exactly how to score and if I'm going to score just simply because the same patterns/tactics work every year and you are guaranteed goals from at least one of them against someone and it's wearing thin imo now. Fifa has lost it's fun factor while PES has brung back it's fun factor whilst still being a great Football Simulation.

Fifa 12 (9/10)

Thought the demo was brilliant.

The tackling is superb, its actually tactical and makes you think. The people who cant get used to it will dislike it but it actually takes skill this time and is a great step forward.

Pes 12 (8/10)

So far so good. Dribbling is much like older an pes but its still hard to defend.

Feels as if it is going in the right direction.

Fifa 12 (9/10)

Thought the demo is brilliant.

The tackling is superb, its actually tactical and makes you think. The people who cant get used to it will dislike it but it actually takes skill this time and is a great step forward.

Pes 12 (8/10)

So far so good. Dribbling is much like older an pes but its still hard to defend.

Feels as if it is going in the right direction.

I said that about the defending in Fifa. It will put people off because it does a have steep learning curve and people will have to learn the hard way. It will certainly seperate the the good from the bad but I'm as always there will be a way to abuse the feature as in Fifa there is always one way to do things like that but it can only mean good that the game has become tougher because it is becoming stale but they certainly need to add a little more imo to keep it from going stale or it will just be a step back for Fifa while imo PES is back and what it's meant to have been for the past 4 attempts. It's fun and it's Football Simulation at it's best.

I said that about the defending in Fifa. It will put people off because it does a have steep learning curve and people will have to learn the hard way. It will certainly seperate the the good from the bad but I'm as always there will be a way to abuse the feature as in Fifa there is always one way to do things like that but it can only mean good that the game has become tougher because it is becoming stale but they certainly need to add a little more imo to keep it from going stale or it will just be a step back for Fifa while imo PES is back and what it's meant to have been for the past 4 attempts. It's fun and it's Football Simulation at it's best.

Just played pro ev again, found something i dont like too much:

Speed of gameplay is very fast, when its difficult to tackle someone, and they fly past you, its difficult to get the ball back, tackling is almost as difficult as fifa.

One other thing that i think will be fixed when released is that when you pass, for instance hit the "A" button, the pass will respond quicker than the gauge appears meaning passes are misplaced. There is no pause between clicking the button and playing the pass. As i said i think it will be fixed but it is quite annoying.

Doesnt affect the 8/10 score i gave it though.

Just played pro ev again, found something i dont like too much:

Speed of gameplay is very fast, when its difficult to tackle someone, and they fly past you, its difficult to get the ball back, tackling is almost as difficult as fifa.

One other thing that i think will be fixed when released is that when you pass, for instance hit the "A" button, the pass will respond quicker than the gauge appears meaning passes are misplaced. There is no pause between clicking the button and playing the pass. As i said i think it will be fixed but it is quite annoying.

Doesnt affect the 8/10 score i gave it though.

I agree it does have some flaws but it is a major improvement nonetheless. You can tone down the speed in the menu when you start a game.

According to the wee tutorial at the start to call a teammate over to double team is now R1. It's circle in FIFA 11, that'll take some getting used to.

They've no gave Rooney his new hair! :mad::lol:

Don't like the new menu. Expecting the arena keeper to hit out with the scorpion kick any minute here.

Liking the new kits screen as well. Bit of a rip off from PES though. :lol: Also when you R3 a player in the team management screen to see his attributes they're using real pics of the players now which is a nice touch!

Fucking got the Man City stadium in it but they still can't get Ibrox and Porkhead.

This game is so fucking sexy! R1+X for the fancy flick passes is giving me a tingly feeling in my baws.

The defending is enjoyable too, hopefully too many people don't use the old way where you just fucking double team everybody non stop.

Just played Fifa and didn't enjoy it at all. The tackling feels awkward and I've hit a few shots with midfielders from 25-30 yards out and they've all either gone in or hit the post, seems a lot easier to score from range?

On the other hand, I love how much they've sped up the menu's this year! One thing I hated about Fifa 11 was how freaking long it took to get through the menu's!

FIFA 12 demo (6/10);

Pro Ev 2012 demo (8/10);

There was plenty wrong with the defending on Fifa 11, the main problem being the fact that all you needed to do was hold down the B button and you'd get get the ball 9 times out of 10. The defending needed to be changed.