Fifa And Pro Evo Demos

MartinGers93

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive fan of FIFA 10 & 11 but so far I hate the new tactical defending - the game feels like all your thinking about is defending! I guess it will take time to practice & master.

For the time being I've just changed it to Legacy Defending so its the same as Fifa 11 :)

after playing the second PES demo I've realised it's even shitter than I first thought, actually couldn't finish the first game and went off it. I think the Fifa demo is great and don't see why people are moaning about the defending, it's not that different IMO.

Better menu graphics, team/kit etc selection is better, gameplay is generally improved, a few more skills, quick throw ins are great, EA Football Club is a good addition, better career mode and little things on the pitch they've added making it more realistic.

Off-topic, I don't really download many demos except the fifa and pes ones once a year but heard the Rugby WC one was good so I downloaded it and thought it was great (tu) Not really into rugby too.

Not played the FIFA demo yet.

Can someone give me a quick run down of the defending model if they have a sec? Cheers (tu)

Defending is very manual - you have to contain and jockey opponents then time your challenge. Where as with previous versions of FIFA (holding the X button would pretty much close the player down and take the ball), when you now hold X your player "contains" the opposition and you keep a distance of about 2 feet away from them - you then have to time your challenge using the □ button. You can also run to them and tackle or make a slide. If you prefer sticking with what your used to you can change to Legacy Defending which is the same as Fifa 11

Hope that helps

Defending is very manual - you have to contain and jockey opponents then time your challenge. Where as with previous versions of FIFA (holding the X button would pretty much close the player down and take the ball), when you now hold X your player "contains" the opposition and you keep a distance of about 2 feet away from them - you then have to time your challenge using the □ button. You can also run to them and tackle or make a slide. If you prefer sticking with what your used to you can change to Legacy Defending which is the same as Fifa 11

Hope that helps

If you can do this "legacy defending" online it defeats the purpose of the game plain and simple.

If you can do this "legacy defending" online it defeats the purpose of the game plain and simple.

Yeah, it can't be an online option. No one with a brain would use the new system, which they spent all this time on, because it would be leaving you at a disadvantage to the people taking the shortcut.

I hope I'm right.

after playing the second PES demo I've realised it's even shitter than I first thought, actually couldn't finish the first game and went off it. I think the Fifa demo is great and don't see why people are moaning about the defending, it's not that different IMO.

Better menu graphics, team/kit etc selection is better, gameplay is generally improved, a few more skills, quick throw ins are great, EA Football Club is a good addition, better career mode and little things on the pitch they've added making it more realistic.

Off-topic, I don't really download many demos except the fifa and pes ones once a year but heard the Rugby WC one was good so I downloaded it and thought it was great (tu) Not really into rugby too.

Were u gettin pumped?I was off Inter :lol: I like both games but dont know wether to buy these ones as got both last yrs and im by the stage wen was younger of buyin them every yr just cos thats wot u gotta do,if i do by them or 1 of them i will prob wait till there half price in Jan sales :BELM:

Change the buttons.

The starting ones are awkward and contain is useless.

Change it so X/A - Tackles and B/O - Computer Contain. And put what is originally A on R1/RB.

Just jockey manually by using L2/Left trigger.

Then try it.

I played it with a mate and it was fantastic. 10x better than playing the AI who are awful.

Chnage the buttons.

The starting ones are awkward and contain is useless.

Change it so X/A - Tackles and B/O - Computer Contain. And put what is originally A on R1/RB.

Just jockey manually by using L2/Left trigger.

Then try it.

I played it with a mate and it was fantastic. 10x better than playing the AI who are awful.

I was thinking of doing that myself. I'm just too used to the old buttons.

How do you go about changing to the legacy defending?

In Wireless Controller Settings, where you change passing etc to assisted or manual - scroll down to the bottom and you will see Tactical Defending. You can then change it to Legacy Defending, which is pretty much the same as Fifa 11

I think online you will have the option to "set" which type of controlls you want to use and your opponent has to use the same. Similar to Fifa 11, where an opponent could create a game where you could only use manual controls - hope this makes sense.

I still stand by it being a backwards move by Fifa.

Didn't know you still had the option of changing though at least you can do that (tu)

It does my tits in when you're running along beside a player about to tackle and they drop a shoulder and turn the other way, but when you do it they fucking read it ! Completely unfair.

Another thing is the 3 minute halfs.

The new system stops the pressure abusers and makes it more realistic but it also slows the game down and because there is only 3 minute halfs you start to rush attacks and lose the ball more often.

If it was 6 minute halfs you could use the new system better and get used to it better.