If This Side Win 4 In A Row?

RFC55

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in the individual sense but...I think esp the 'Nae Dough 3 in a row' Squad will always be remembered.

To win 3 titles and qualify for Champ League etc with everything going on behind the scenes with Llyods etc should never be forgotten.

Without the success during this period I shudder to think how bad it could have got - So Sir Walter and his Nae Dough Squad in this sense are already Legendary.

Not in the individual sense but...I think esp the 'Nae Dough 3 in a row' Squad will always be remembered.

To win 3 titles and qualify for Champ League etc with everything going on behind the scenes with Llyods etc should never be forgotten.

Without the success during this period I shudder to think how bad it could have got - So Sir Walter and his Nae Dough Squad in this sense are already Legendary.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read through the thread.

I said at the end of last season it was the sweetest league win I can remember, but this one might be even sweeter, as it is Ally's first campaign, and will surely see Lemon getting the boot.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read through the thread.

I said at the end of last season it was the sweetest league win I can remember, but this one might be even sweeter, as it is Ally's first campaign, and will surely see Lemon getting the boot.

agreed i have seen rangers win the league quite a few times but last season was amongst the most satisfying of all of them...

The rarity of doing even 3 in a row, added to the financial plight during the one we just did, and the shenanigans of integrity fc and their cohorts to deny us another title, makes it the stuff of legends.

Add in a European final, the return of Sir Walter, and all of the other goings on and it will be talked about decades from now.

If we make it 4, those involved in them all are stick on Rangers greats.

One look at what they have done and won for this club, Whittaker and McGregor must be pretty close to becoming legends. The rest i am not sure yet. Have Laffs and Naisy been here for as long as Whitts? We have the making in this team of many many legends. Good ages and good players.

One look at what they have done and won for this club, Whittaker and McGregor must be pretty close to becoming legends. The rest i am not sure yet. Have Laffs and Naisy been here for as long as Whitts? We have the making in this team of many many legends. Good ages and good players.

Greegs yes, Whittaker no way.

If he's a legend then it undermines the whole status :lol:

What about Davis? Sorry, I meant the golden child :lol:

Or big Davie, he's pretty much a legend in my eyes.

Will any of the players be considered legends? It's weird that guys like Weir, Naismith, Lafferty, Edu, Davis, Papac, Shagger et al could be on the way to winning 4 leauge titles in a row, yet none if any are considered true legends of the club. Like the 9 in a row squad we have a solid base that is added to every year with 1 or 2 new signings for the 1st 11 and a few new squad players. Yet none of the mainstay are classed as anywhere near legends. Look at the numerous threads we have on here regarding players and the status they deserve. Surely securing 4 in a row would put this squad right up there in terms of achievement? Or is it because we have a squad who are a good team rather than great individual talents, we wont see anyone dubbed a "legend"?

aww fur fuck sake Maurice Edu a Rangers legend? are you still pished from sunday?

Edit: i agree with the rest. :lol:

Greegs yes, Whittaker no way :lol:

If he's a legend then it undermines the whole status :lol:

What about Davis? Sorry, I meant the golden child :lol:

Whitts 130 Rangers caps with 17 goals predominantly from right back. 3 League titles, 3 League cups, 2 Scottish Cups. (In only 130 games) Is that not *legendary material?

Davis 114 Rangers caps with 14 goals from right or central midfield. 3 League titles, 3 League cups, 2 Scottish cups, (In only 114 matches) An outstanding return, *legeandary material imo.

Same could be said of McCulloch and Weir who also have the same trophy haul with similar contributions it could be argued?. Broadfoot has same trophy haul but has on ly played 65 games. Alexander same boat as Broadfoot, got the medals but not enough games.

Like i said earlier, we currently have many players in the team and squad who have a great chance of *becoming "Rangers legends" imo.

*not yet legends but a great chance to become.

Will any of the players be considered legends? It's weird that guys like Weir, Naismith, Lafferty, Edu, Davis, Papac, Shagger et al could be on the way to winning 4 leauge titles in a row, yet none if any are considered true legends of the club. Like the 9 in a row squad we have a solid base that is added to every year with 1 or 2 new signings for the 1st 11 and a few new squad players. Yet none of the mainstay are classed as anywhere near legends. Look at the numerous threads we have on here regarding players and the status they deserve. Surely securing 4 in a row would put this squad right up there in terms of achievement? Or is it because we have a squad who are a good team rather than great individual talents, we wont see anyone dubbed a "legend"?

Is a legend not usually someone that once played for a club, I didn't think when wee novo or peso were playing for The Rangers, these too are legends. But now each has moved on I would quite happily have them referred to as such. Rooney isn't a club legend yet, but would probably be held in such regard when he finishes playing. That's how I have always looked at it anyway. Shagger, weir even Boyd once his attitude can't be used as a reference and we are only looking at his stats. Will be club legends.

Whitts 130 Rangers caps with 17 goals predominantly from right back. 3 League titles, 3 League cups, 2 Scottish Cups. (In only 130 games) Is that not *legendary material?

Davis 114 Rangers caps with 14 goals from right or central midfield. 3 League titles, 3 League cups, 2 Scottish cups, (In only 114 matches) An outstanding return, *legeandary material imo.

Same could be said of McCulloch and Weir who also have the same trophy haul with similar contributions it could be argued?. Broadfoot has same trophy haul but has on ly played 65 games. Alexander same boat as Broadfoot, got the medals but not enough games.

Like i said earlier, we currently have many players in the team and squad who have a great chance of *becoming "Rangers legends" imo.

You don't get caps for playing club football.

What do you mean caps :lol: appearances?

Just because he's played that many times doesn't make him a legend. They have to uphold a certain level of performance.

Don't get me wrong, if Whittaker goes onto fulfil his 5 year deal and learns how to defend a bit better then he's got a shot ;)