Ibrahimovic Is Overrated - I Don't Understand The Hype

Waste

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion, just because you like that style of play, does not mean everyone else does. Personally I don't see how he is better to watch than numerous other players such as Rooney, Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldo, Totti, Robben, Riquelme, Xavi and so on. Certainly not one of the best in the world.

IMO that type of comment is just one reason why Zlatan is overrated.

Jeez, I didn't realise I had to say IMO after EVERY post. Relax.

Relax about what? Relax my groins?

I'm not the one claiming it's ridiculous to claim this player is overrated and act like it's some sort of pathetic or stupid thing to suggest.

I was not making any claims about his ability or standing in the game when I said that. All I was saying was that negative opinions of Ibrahimovic are widespread, particularly in Britain, so calling him 'overrated' strikes me as ridiculous. I don't personally know anybody who rates him. I've never read a positive appraisal of him in a British newspaper. Whenever he is mentioned it's about how he doesn't do it in Europe, how the Juventus titles don't count, how he's lazy etc etc. What is overrated about that? He gets slagged to death. Whether that's fair or not is irrelevant, but it certainly doesn't suggest to me that he's 'overrated'.

He is excellent, but never seems to turn up against English teams

Therefore people who dont watch football outside these shores dont see a player

Indeed, I think Rangers No1 needs to start watching football outwith the UK.

i can see both side tbh on his day he is just unplayable and yet other times he looks hopeless and frustrates the hell out of you but to say he isn't World class is mental the man has a record of a goal every other game in the strongest leagues in the World and at International level

Do all of the people saying he's overrated not realise how ridiculous it is? If everybody thinks he's overrated, he's not rated highly :lol:

Who gives a toss if he's 'world class'? At domestic level he's one of the most sublime footballers to watch in the world.

So you genuinely believe everyone thinks he's overrated ?