That German Bomber Song

WadeWilson

I tried to let this go...

The song is obviously just one of those childish WWII songs that we all sung (i.e. Hitler has only got one ball, the other is in the Kelvin Hall).

Actually, that is a masterpiece compared to 10 Green Bottles.

Sorry, or should I say entschulding. I need to ask.

My question is this: (It is a serious one... and I am really looking for the folk on here to respond sensibly)

My Deutsch girlfriend is moving here - very soon! She knows how much I like 'der fitba' and how much time I spend 'working (i.e. on here)'

She took me to the Westphalenstadion (or Iduna Park now - guess they sold their stadium?) It was great by the way. I was treated well when I was in Deutschland by everyone... even though my grasp of the language is minimal (read terrible!).

Okay guys and girls:

The point is:

Do you think she would be okay at Ibrox? I intend to return the favour. I don't think there is an overt anti-Deutsch vibe at Ibrox (we had Der Goalie und Der Hammer) I only ask this as time after time she goes out people ask about her accent. Which may seem just an act of curiosity.

But there are a certain offensive, childish and downright small-minded (for want of a better term) element in this country - Not a West of Scotland problem as is usually rolled out. Probably UK wide, actually.

I know she would be willkommen at Ibrox with me.

Just wondered if I would have to get into any fights?

PS -

Sorry if this has offended anyone but it is a genuine question as this forum is king when it comes to gauging opinion with all true Bears. And it remains a democracy too.

By the way - Great statement by TBO and UB. Everyone on here from Adoniram to TWB needs to pull together now to fight a common enemy. I know I am being simplistic but something needs to be done. Too much power is being afforded to the Polis. I will stand with both of the aforementioned posters (though poles apart) to prevent these Draconian measures.

For me the German Bomber song is more about our pride in our brave servicemen(and women)

That boring pile of shite has nothing to do with people who fought in the war, and most of them would think it was cack, I'd imagine.

There are loads of songs which could be sung to reminisce the great contribution during the war years. We choose not to sing them, more's the pity.

That boring pile of shite has nothing to do with people who fought in the war, and most of them would think it was cack, I'd imagine.

There are loads of songs which could be sung to reminisce the great contribution during the war years. We choose not to sing them, more's the pity.

I did not say I was a fan of it I just said I see it more as pride than insult thing.I mean it is not as if we play German opposition and it is only sung then.Anyway there are probably better songs but I would not know what sevicemen or women would prefer sung.I take the point you are making.

For me the German Bomber song is more about our pride in our brave servicemen(and women)than an insult to Germans.I am sure your good lady will be made welcome at Ibrox and I doubt you will get any hassle due to her nationality.

Well the UKs brave actions during the war saved future Germans from fascism so they should really be joining in when it comes to celebrating the sacrifice (tu)

The only time this is actually sang maliciously by any football supporter is during England vs Germany games and even then only by idiots.

Why even ask this? The Germans have always been welcome here and vice versa (well not 'always' but you get the point).

Thanks for the response, guys.

I have already been accused of not being a Gers fan.

Please read the postscript.

I feel strongly about people being vilified for fuck all.

I wanted a measured response... wanted to gauge people's opinions.

Never meant to offend.

I will never be anything in football other than a Gers fan.

I actually felt an affinity with senior posters on here when I was was staying over in Ruhr region during pre-season. Made me think twice about about people's erstwhile posts and who they really are when it comes to the crunch.

Like I said before... I am a footsoldier... willing and able to fight against recent attacks against football fans.

GTF.

Can you elaborate?

Not sure if I want you to. If you read the posts properly, you would know it is a serious question...

So put up or keep gnashing at the keyboard.

If this thread ends with me looking stupid then, believe me, that is the best I could hope for.

It was a genuine question.

Worst thread ive read in a long time. Not even going to answer it as it quite frankly disrespects me and every rangers fan I know

Was never my intention... but if you think I did not ask for a reason then keep your head buried in whatever it is you keep it buried in. I guess you think I am trying to make us look bad? Not at all. Believe me, it was a real question... no paranoia please???

You could have posted positivity and everything would have been better.

PS -

Sorry if this has offended anyone but it is a genuine question as this forum is king when it comes to gauging opinion with all true Bears. And it remains a democracy too.

By the way - Great statement by TBO and UB. Everyone on here from Adoniram to TWB needs to pull together now to fight a common enemy. I know I am being simplistic but something needs to be done. Too much power is being afforded to the Polis. I will stand with both of the aforementioned posters (though poles apart) to prevent these Draconian measures.