The Silence

Al Jolson

That's ma holidays in for Dundee Utd at Ibrox, so I'll be coming up tae Glasgow early tae meet up for a few beers. I think Mister C will also be meeting us, probably in the Red Lion, so don't be making any plans for before this game.

I've no decided yet, but we may let RFC52 and wee Deccy join us. Oh aye, and Ben the Hen.

Why do I never get an invite :beer1::sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock::lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silence was the right thing to do in this situation, the treatment we received on Tuesday and especially Saturday by the police, stewards and the club was absolutely appalling. If we hadn't done this it would have been like every other home game, the section going for it with a few bursts from the rest of the stadium; nothing of any note.

We had a point to make and this was the most dramatic and simpliest way of making it. It got people talking and even mentioned in a few papers, we achieved what we set out to do.

Silence was the right thing to do in this situation, the treatment we received on Tuesday and especially Saturday by the police, stewards and the club was absolutely appalling. If we hadn't done this it would have been like every other home game, the section going for it with a few bursts from the rest of the stadium; nothing of any note.

We had a point to make and this was the most dramatic and simpliest way of making it. It got people talking and even mentioned in a few papers, we achieved what we set out to do.

Keep it going, big man. (tu)

Not everyone agrees with you as you'll have detected. I have a feeling that there's a certain "we're the main men and we'll do whatever we please and fuck the rest of you's cos you's aren't as good supporters as us attitude" and I think that's one of the reasons you'll fail to get the majority of the support behind you.

I've said it elsewhere, you've got to be extremely careful about how you're going about this or all you're going to end up with are a number of empty seats where your buddies once sat and have now been banned.

Choose your battles, and your method of fighting those battles, carefully.

Not everyone agrees with you as you'll have detected. I have a feeling that there's a certain "we're the main men and we'll do whatever we please and fuck the rest of you's cos you's aren't as good supporters as us attitude" and I think that's one of the reasons you'll fail to get the majority of the support behind you.

I've said it elsewhere, you've got to be extremely careful about how you're going about this or all you're going to end up with are a number of empty seats where your buddies once sat and have now been banned.

Your fucking at it? Im not in the groups but sit in the section. Maybe if you sat there you would understand why it was done. Most of the guys including group members didnt want to do it. But it was the only way to make a point.

Most of the support have supported it, so what is your problem?

Your fucking at it? Im not in the groups but sit in the section. Maybe if you sat there you would understand why it was done. Most of the guys including group members didnt want to do it. But it was the only way to make a point.

Most of the support have supported it, so what is your problem?

Evidence that most of the support have supported it? A few posts on here, where we're only hearing one side of the story, is hardly overwhelming.

and as you will have detected not everyone on here agrees with you

as a matter of fact i would say your in a minority as most Rangers fans are behind the two groups after the last weeks troubles they have had.

Evidence that most of the support have supported it? A few posts on here, where we're only hearing one side of the story, is hardly overwhelming.

Or vasts amount of the stadium applauding all banners? When we started singing again the vast majority applauded us. Do you have some sort of a problem?

and as you will have detected not everyone on here agrees with you

as a matter of fact i would say your in a minority as most Rangers fans are behind the two groups after the last weeks troubles they have had.

Of course not everyone agrees with me but I still wouldn't mind seeing any evidence to support the fact that "I'm in the minority". You know as well as I do that the home support, in general, go to the game, occasionally sing, then go home. The majority won't get involved in this dispute in any way shape or form.

Or vasts amount of the stadium applauding all banners? When we started singing again the vast majority applauded us. Do you have some sort of a problem?

I don't have a problem. You? Offering a viewpoint that doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean there's a problem. I don't necessarily agree with what you say but I don't think you have a problem because I don't agree with it.

Of course not everyone agrees with me but I still wouldn't mind seeing any evidence to support the fact that "I'm in the minority". You know as well as I do that the home support, in general, go to the game, occasionally sing, then go home. The majority won't get involved in this dispute in any way shape or form.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Wait till this legislation comes in .You will be sitting in empty Stadiums .I have seen Ibrox empty before, and is not a pretty site. Remember the Greig era.

I don't have a problem. You? Offering a viewpoint that doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean there's a problem. I don't necessarily agree with what you say but I don't think you have a problem because I don't agree with it.

Your telling me you have no evedince of support. But im telling you from what i witnessed in the ground, there was huge support for the section

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Wait till this legislation comes in .You will be sitting in empty Stadiums .I have seen Ibrox empty before, and is not a pretty site. Remember the Greig era.

I remember it well. And the second Jock Wallace stint.

I'm not sure there is a 'majority' at Ibrox. I was sitting in the Copland and there was a response but it wasn't the whole stand singing 'If you hate Alex Salmond'. But there are a lot of people who are fed up with the way things are and the atmosphere at Ibrox. I think it's silly to expect 50,000 people to turn up and sing for 90 minutes, it's only ever been a minority of lunatics who did that, but there's an issue here that, if handled correctly, could lift the air of gloom from Ibrox. In truth, though, that really depends on the right kind of response from the Club rather than the individual fans, so the attitude that the Club are aloof from the concerns of the ordinary fans is maybe counter productive.

Your telling me you have no evedince of support. But im telling you from what i witnessed in the ground, there was huge support for the section

I was there and witnessed it as well. A round of applause, no matter how big, and cheering/booing isn't going to have any impact on this legislation or Rangers for that matter and, when the push comes to the shove, the sad thing is that the MAJORITY of the home support will have very little, if not nothing at all to do with this dispute. Surely you can see that? Christ, they hardly sing.

I was there and witnessed it as well. A round of applause, no matter how big, and cheering/booing isn't going to have any impact on this legislation or Rangers for that matter and, when the push comes to the shove, the sad thing is that the MAJORITY of the home support will have very little, if not nothing at all to do with this dispute. Surely you can see that? Christ, they hardly sing.

You said the silence is creating more problems. I am saying people applauded in support. You are now going on about other things. At the ground a round of applause is about the best you can get. BF2 GF1, the WE and the main stand rear right hand side had alot of people joining in. Some are willing to take the fight to them. But in the end up protests wont decide this legislation going through or not it will be MSPs and thats about it. I still dont think the legislation will be stopped. But that is off topic slightly so dingy that :lol:

You said the silence is creating more problems. I am saying people applauded in support. You are now going on about other things. At the ground a round of applause is about the best you can get. BF2 GF1, the WE and the main stand rear right hand side had alot of people joining in. Some are willing to take the fight to them. But in the end up protests wont decide this legislation going through or not it will be MSPs and thats about it. I still dont think the legislation will be stopped. But that is off topic slightly so dingy that :lol:

Not quite sure where I'm going on about other things. If you're referring to the legislation, then surely that's central to the whole issue?

What is the fight you talk of if it's not about the legislation?

I remember it well. And the second Jock Wallace stint.

Well you will be left with corporate Fans in the Stadium sitting there doing nothing and no sound ,it will get worse and these young Lads are the Heartbeat at Ibrox.

I cant stand to watch what is happening to the Fans who are backing their Team vocally .

I refuse to go back to Ibrox until this crap is dealt with, and the Police and Stewards stop trying to vilify the Rangers Fans, it is disgusting .

All this over a Steward who thinks he has powers of arrest ,and a bottle of water .They should learn to respect the Fans who are paying customers, and it sickens me to see what they are doing to them.

I have been in amongst these Lads, and not once did I witness any Malice from them both verbally or physically in any capacity.

Wasn't at the Kilmarnock Game but I am willing to take the word of witnesses who where there and there where plenty of them, and keep an open mind on the situation.

I asked you before are you sleepwalking in to Ibrox? I just don't get you

Not quite sure where I'm going on about other things. If you're referring to the legislation, then surely that's central to the whole issue?

What is the fight you talk of if it's not about the legislation?

On Saturday it was against the treatment of the police and stewards. Hence the police tape etc etc!

Well you will be left with corporate Fans in the Stadium sitting there doing nothing and no sound ,it will get worse and these young Lads are the Heartbeat at Ibrox.

I cant stand to watch what is happening to the Fans who are backing their Team vocally .

I refuse to go back to Ibrox until this crap is dealt with, and the Police and Stewards stop trying to vilify the Rangers Fans, it is disgusting .

All this over a Steward who thinks he has powers of arrest ,and a bottle of water .They should learn to respect the Fans who are paying customers, and it sickens me to see what they are doing to them.

I have been in amongst these Lads, and not once did I witness any Malice from them both verbally or physically in any capacity.

Wasn't at the Kilmarnock Game but I am willing to take the word of witnesses who where there and there where plenty of them, and keep an open mind on the situation.

I asked you before are you sleepwalking in to Ibrox? I just don't get you

The 'corporate' fans (or older guys with kids or whatever) can't do anything individually. That's the point of organising TBO and TUB in the first place. Getting a bunch of people in one place. Well there's now an OTT, reactionary Government act to give the cops powers of arrest and after the Billy Boys and Famine Song incidents obviously its a step too far. However this isn't like an industrial dispute where going on strike or whatever will make a difference. If you'll forgive the arrogant assumption, it's all about restoring a decent relationship between the club and the supporters. Whyte has been quite bullish about challenging certain attitudes towards Rangers from certain quarters so I'd imagine there's a willingness to help out but if what they get is a bloody minded, hell mend it kind of attitude they'll just close the door and say thanks for the season ticket money.

On Saturday it was against the treatment of the police and stewards. Hence the police tape etc etc!

Which is surely stemming from the previous game and the protests against the legislation? Aye, the issue about the water bottle may/may not be relevant, but the whole thing is related to the legislation.

Anyway, we've got different viewpoints on the whole thing. You continue to do what you think is right, which is commendable. No one can say it's not.

I just hope that you's realise when to fight the good fight and when to play more cagey. At the end of the day, my opinion is that you's won't win. But it's an opinion. No more right or wrong than yours.

Which is surely stemming from the previous game and the protests against the legislation? Aye, the issue about the water bottle may/may not be relevant, but the whole thing is related to the legislation.

Anyway, we've got different viewpoints on the whole thing. You continue to do what you think is right, which is commendable. No one can say it's not.

I just hope that you's realise when to fight the good fight and when to play more cagey. At the end of the day, my opinion is that you's won't win. But it's an opinion. No more right or wrong than yours.

Who is you's? I sit in the section but have fuck all to do with any groups? I go to the games with my mates but they sit elsewhere.