The Silence

Al Jolson

The silence in the BF was wrong. I understand why you did it but NOTHING should detract from the team on the pitch and, in my opinion, it did. You could almost feel the difference when the silence was broken, it gave the whole stadium a lift and I felt it had a major impact on the players thereafter.

The banners, the police line tape, all absolutely fantastic and I take my hat off to each and every one of you.

But no more silences!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence showed how invaluable TBO/UB are to Ibrox, the stadium (bar an early "We shall not be moved) was totally soul-less until the silence ended.

Couldn't completely make out the Al Megrahi banner from my seat, what did that say?

Agreed , seemed to take away from the performance a bit. Everything else by the boys in bf1 was shit hot as per. Even coming round to the continental chants!

The silence in the BF was wrong. I understand why you did it but NOTHING should detract from the team on the pitch and, in my opinion, it did. You could almost feel the difference when the silence was broken, it gave the whole stadium a lift and I felt it had a major impact on the players thereafter.

The banners, the police line tape, all absolutely fantastic and I take my hat off to each and every one of you.

But no more silences!

The silence showed how invaluable TBO/UB are to Ibrox, the stadium (bar an early "We shall not be moved) was totally soul-less until the silence ended.

Couldn't completely make out the Al Megrahi banner from my seat, what did that say?

1564y7b.jpg

Al Megrahi sits at home. Football fans sit in jail

Showed how much Ibrox needs them. (tu)

Very well done lads, even gained Ally's applause.

Absolutely. But just not again.

It's certainly not a criticism. In general, you can only applaud them and support what they're doing.

I think it is upto them if they want to do this and it completey showed how valuable they are to the atmosphere at Ibrox. If the club arent going to stand up for them, why should do the clubs job in creating an atmoshpere and fighting the clubs battles.

Someone needs to come out from Rangers and defend us, when we started to sing the performance improved and we got a goal, just shows what a good job UB and TBO do.

I love being in with UB and TBO once we did the ''Ohhhhhhhhhh'' then the bouncy it was just amazing

Someone needs to come out from Rangers and defend us, when we started to sing the performance improved and we got a goal, just shows what a good job UB and TBO do.

I love being in with UB and TBO once we did the ''Ohhhhhhhhhh'' then the bouncy it was just amazing

Absolutely mate, but it's a bit of a dangerous game to play. You've done it once, proved your point, so put it to bed.

Absolutely mate, but it's a bit of a dangerous game to play. You've done it once, proved your point, so put it to bed.

this group of young guys never done this for anything other than letting the club know they wont be pushed around, and if they need to im sure they will do it again.

this group of young guys never done this for anything other than letting the club know they wont be pushed around, and if they need to im sure they will do it again.

I think if it comes down to a competition between the club and this "group of young guys" there'll be only one winner.

They have the support of the support at this point in time but, they have to be sensible as well.

I was in the group as always but hated this ! I go every home game to support my team regardless, now I get what some are saying that if the club won't stand up for us we should go silent, but if this protest is really about Salmond and his legislation do you really think he will care if a section will sit silent for 54 minutes, also it was a carbon copy of what the scum did last week and that pissed me off.

I would much rather bounce about for the full 90 and cause problems for the stewards and police rather than sit down and say nothing.

I was in the group as always but hated this ! I go every home game to support my team regardless, now I get what some are saying that if the club won't stand up for us we should go silent, but if this protest is really about Salmond and his legislation do you really think he will care if a section will sit silent for 54 minutes, also it was a carbon copy of what the scum did last week and that pissed me off.

I would much rather bounce about for the full 90 and cause problems for the stewards and police rather than sit down and say nothing.

Spot on. It would've had more of an effect if that section had been louder and prouder than ever.