The Silence

Al Jolson

Banners like the Al Magrahi one will have the SNP and other politicians taking note. Forty five thousand people at the game plus thousands on the internet will have seen this and it will stick in the mind at election time that the current "government" free terrorists but jail those who sing inoffensive songs.

All the parties spout the same pish about policies on education, employment, policing etc. So nowadays votes come down to which party annoys folk least. They've made football political and they will regret it :uk:

Easiest way to avoid another protest: stop treating the fans like shit.

I was sitting in the house watching the game on line wishing I could be there ,I have been to several Games this season, and witnessed the contempt that the Stewards ,Police and Gov't, along with the Club I love have shown for these young Fans who bring a breathe of fresh air to Ibrox they are the Heart beat, and drive the Team on .

I am now considering sending in my Smartcard to Rangers, and telling them they should not be supporting the way they are treating our fans both at Home, and away.

I will never ever step inside another away Football ground in Scotland .

And it saddens me to know that Fans of our club cannot Unite against the behaviour of the Authority's in this Backwater of a country called Scotland.

I know people on here will have a go at me for it, and say if your a fan you'll stick with Rangers through and through, but people need to realise that the Fans are the Club, and without the Fans Glasgow Rangers would be absolutely nothing.

Sadly the Club IMO have forgotten this, and they will pay the price for it.

I have noticed Gaps forming in the Stands already, I don't think this has anything to do with the economy ,but the Subject matter of the Treatment of the Fans by this Stupid Legislation from this Fascist Regime we have in Dollyrood.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

sitting in BF1, yesterday was a surreal moment..., the whole 1st half felt...plain well... weird. the occasional joke cracked amongst the supporters but nothing like the games of previous... However at that 1st moment, when the hands were raised for the 1st song - goosebumps went down me and for the remainder of the game they remained and it reminded me why i opted to sit in BF1 this season - because quite frankly we are the life and soul of Ibrox park on a saturday.

The main comment - "no more silence"- shows what an impact BF1 has on the match, as your right when the songs did kick in - Rangers kicked it up a gear or two and went on to claim the 3 points. Am not saying BF1 is the main reason for the win but it was obvious the "12th man" title helped aid the victory - HOWEVER why is it left to BF1 to up the tempo where is the other 40,000 plus? it really depresses me!!! FOR as much as i love being right in the mix of it all and count down the days to the next game as soon as the final whistle goes, No other stands seem to know how to throw a song together or even join in the vocals already being belted out... yes there is the occasional guy if you scout around and maybe every so often a small section will start singing - for 2 mins- n then silence kicks in again.

Now Dont hate me for this next line....BUT if you sit and watch "that lot" across the way, every single stand seems to be jumping on a regular basis - granted it gets them no where in terms of success :thumbup: but what an atmosphere they produce - as much as i dont like them and hate everything they stand for you just cant argue with the noise their supporters make :angry:

18th of September 2011 - Ibrox Stadium. if you were there, as USUAL the WHOLE STADIUM - Bar broomloan :P was bouncing!!!! WHY NOT HAVE THAT EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!! that in my opinion was a major factor to the win - regardless of what Celtic team had turned up that day - they could had Paki Bonnar in goal - With Jimmy Johnstone on the wing and Henrik Larsson up front - the noise inside Ibrox that day was enough to push any player of the opposition back into their shell and bring the best out the boys in blue. (YES i no there is nothing like an Old firm match and the atmosphere is always going to be explosive, but even a pinch of that is 10 times more electric than what you currently get on match day at Ibrox).

so without spiralling out of control too much - instead of people commenting on how the "silence" didnt work - why not everyone else step up and make sure that Ibrox is once again the fortress is once was back in the days of Super Ally number 9!!! :21: :21: :21: :21:

ALLY MCCOISTS................. :uk::scot:

There the ones taking all the shit so they can protest however they see fit and they will get my backing. And when they do sing it is slowly but surely spreading to the West Enc and BF and that can only be a good thing.

Banners were fantastic also (tu)

*They're (tu)

:lol:

Holy fuck. Have ye read that back tae yerself?

Talk aboot senile dementia.

Yes I've read it ya goose....I mean they just fucking sit there and it's like being at the fucking opera.

To me... that's not supporting your team...sing ya silent dummies.

Yes I've read it ya goose....I mean they just fucking sit there and it's like being at the fucking opera.

To me... that's not supporting your team...sing ya silent dummies.

That's ma holidays in for Dundee Utd at Ibrox, so I'll be coming up tae Glasgow early tae meet up for a few beers. I think Mister C will also be meeting us, probably in the Red Lion, so don't be making any plans for before this game.

I've no decided yet, but we may let RFC52 and wee Deccy join us. Oh aye, and Ben the Hen.

I think if it comes down to a competition between the club and this "group of young guys" there'll be only one winner.

They have the support of the support at this point in time but, they have to be sensible as well.

You are right, the club need to be sensible, but what have we done wrong? I'm really struggling what it is the we as fans have done. The ones intent on causing trouble are the police and stewars. Was there any need for them wading in the other nite? They could have went up to the wee guy and said ' here we man, u cant have that in here. I'll hold on to it, come see me after the game and i'll give u it back' and that would have been the end of it. They could have even poured it into a paper cup and gave him it back. But no, they took it off him and booted him out. A load of people left in protest at the incident. On another nite that could have started a riot. Police and stewards alienate themselves from the punters. Theres only gonae be one outcome if this sort of thing continues and its not gonae be pretty. This eventually is gonae escalate and it will be the fans who end up looking bad out of it. There is no need for this sort of policing. The majority of fans are sensible, but when yot get treated like scum, ur probably gonae start acting like scum. These control freaks are going to ruin it for us all. Its sad days now

That's ma holidays in for Dundee Utd at Ibrox, so I'll be coming up tae Glasgow early tae meet up for a few beers. I think Mister C will also be meeting us, probably in the Red Lion, so don't be making any plans for before this game.

I've no decided yet, but we may let RFC52 and wee Deccy join us. Oh aye, and Ben the Hen.

What a guy Booler :crabflute:

Excellent stuff ,booler :clap: The Red Lion sounds good to me if that's your choice mate, so I'll be there whatever time you suggest.

Would be good to meet Mister C also.....Fuck! RFC52, wee Deccy and Ben Hur....The Three Amigos, this will be a hoot.

I hope I'm allowed tae drink alcohol by the time I get there, because I've took a bad turn again and not allowed tae drink...But I'll be there and

look forward to buying you a pint or two, mate! (tu)

Excellent stuff ,booler :clap: The Red Lion sounds good to me if that's your choice mate, so I'll be there whatever time you suggest.

Would be good to meet Mister C also.....Fuck! RFC52, wee Deccy and Ben Hur....The Three Amigos, this will be a hoot.

I hope I'm allowed tae drink alcohol by the time I get there, because I've took a bad turn again and not allowed tae drink...But I'll be there and

look forward to buying you a pint or two, mate! (tu)

The only problem I can see by NOT inviting the Youth Club along is, we'll have naebody tae rip the piss oota aw day. :lol:

The only problem I can see by NOT inviting the Youth Club along is, we'll have naebody tae rip the piss oota aw day. :lol:

That is a very valid point, booler....Not only that, it saves us from walking tae the bar,'cause they pups can be the waiters :pipe::beer1: